DWC Waterloo Scrog - Recirculating Reservoir - DS-200 LED

Yo Dr. Fish,
Your plant is beautiful and your kit is creative and efficient!
I read thru and enjoyed your reportage and technique.:goodjob:

Sorry about the issues you had with the 1st run. So glad to see this run is going exponentially well.
Interested to read your scrog details and strategy.
I have never done a 1 plant grow. However, I have a 77 day indoor veg in progress and your grow is giving me ideas.
:popcorn:

Tucker,
I go over the entire plant and take off all the fan leaves after a couple weeks of 12/12... It just seems like it slows the plant a bit, but it may take a couple days to redirect itself and carry on with whats left..... after a couple weeks you'll start thinking maybe you should take off a few more, but when you look you realize there aren't many left, except those associated with the bud..... The pics where she seems really open and you can see all the bud sites, they were taken after plucking off fan leaves.. Leaves do grow bigger off the bud itself, those are what you see near the end of the grow... Its almost pointless to take those, beside they're usually covered with the resin you can turn into hash.. The 12/12 stretch is what fills the last third of the screen..... You should see that stretch soon...

Stage,.. Thanks,.. Its the heat where i live that made me switch to the igloos... Next time i'll be using 3 regular WFs now that i have a chiller.... This pic is from Scottyballs thread on another site.... I like the way the roots fill the 9 liters of hydroton.. I'm only following what he laid out there.... That was an 11+ oz grow, less than 90 days total.. 57 flower days.... 400 watts of hid light..

Glad you posted that pic Fish. He had to cut the bottom root ball off to get the top root ball out. They can't be connected. It is because of those roots in the bottom res that he vegged for only 3-weeks. The capacity of the res is drastically reduced with all those roots. I'm finding that out now. I read a thread on that other forum and he posted that he now elevates his WF and turned the sight tube 180 deg and runs it into a separate res. He uses a water pump to recirculate the solution. Great idea if you have the vertical space.

You gotta love how the fish keeps everything neat and orderly. Fish you sure those plants aren't fake?? Plastic??

Looks like she should finish 10-14 days, hopefully... There's still a lot of new growth, and she's not bulking up much... Still waiting for the bud swell i get with my more familiar indicas.. Have added a little GH Floralicious Bloom, 1-1-1 seaweed extract... 1 teaspoon per gal.. Adding it didn't change the ppm much, but the ph went up to 6.5 ...... When adjusting the ph down i usually bring the reservoir igloo down from 6.0 to 5.0, next day it has mixed with the water in the grow igloo and is back up to 5.5-5.6... mostly i let the ph drift up to 6.0 before correcting....
Keeping up with this one plant is kinda boring.... you know, like seeing only one woman at a time.. now when you've got 2 or more to look after, that's when it get's a lot more interesting... Growing same strain feminized seeds is like dating sisters, they're almost the same, but each one has a little something different to offer , sometimes, something really special..... Love my pot, love my women, love my dog..... maybe not in that exact order, i'm really attached to my dog.. That's her on the left....
Tucker, You wouldn't believe how much it costs to replace those plastic plants every week or so.... The bigger they get, the more it costs..... i mean it's not like i can use them again..... Not looking forward to the cost of making three plants look real.... That's the bad thing about deception, once you start, you gotta keep it up...

Keeping up with this one plant is kinda boring.... you know, like seeing only one woman at a time.. now when you've got 2 or more to look after, that's when it get's a lot more interesting... Growing same strain feminized seeds is like dating sisters, they're almost the same, but each one has a little something different to offer , sometimes, something really special....

So true. This cracked me up man! I think I know where you're going with the "something really special", and I don't like those kinds of surprises!

Those colas are looking great, and like they'll be done about when you think they will. Any pictures of the whole plant!?

Looks great fish. Looking back, you switched from LED to the metal halide on 8/30. Did you see an appreciable difference in growth and general appearance of the plant? Any heat issues? So what is you overall opinion of the LED?

It's been 100 days total today.... 27 veg, 73 days 12/12... she'll be executed at dawn... about time... will post some more pics tomorrow of her butchered body parts..
Tucker, The led did well for it's size... The DS-300 would have been much better... The bigger the led the better.... The ss315 was a little strong at first, but the plant adjusted.... I would have moved it 5-6" higher if i had more room... Have some Master Kush beans i'll be starting in a 7-10 days...... Need to fumigate to grow room first...

Not a hell of a lot of trimming to be done.... here they are cut, washed and hung.... about 30 fair sized colas and 15 or so smaller ones.... Not going to trim until they're almost dry, 3 or 4 days.... Tossed a few buds in the dehydrator for some testing...
Bought a arizer vaporizer... Been testing it on different heat and fan settings several times a day.... it's a tough job, but it has to be done..... $145.00 and it came with a remote and extra everything.... really like it... gotta go now, the bags almost full....

IMG_290714.JPG

IMG_290915.JPG

IMG_291013.JPG

The total weight was a few grams short of 6 ozs. About what i expected from an 18"x24 scrog screen... 1 oz for every 72 sq in of scrog screen..... Looking forward to seeing what the ss315s will do by themselves.... Letting her grow out under the led, then using the ss315 the last 4 weeks didn't really show the cmh at it's best...

IMG_291914.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom