Fun With 2L Hempies! - It Has What Plants Crave!

Bigpappa1983

Aloha!!

Alright so now that I have a 2LH grow under my belt and I am a little more confidant, time to have some fun! This is going to be a perpetual journal of sorts, playing around with different lights and the 2l hempy. I now have 3 flowering stations in my 1br lil home.

All Plants from clone straight into 12/12
2x4 Grow Tent-600WHPS-Poor Mans Co2-30 2LH
2x4 half sliding closet-2X 4bulb Wave Point Coral T5(4 Red Wave, 2 actinic Blue, 2 day light bulbs) 32 2LH
1.5x2.5 Armoir 2X 90x1W UFO LED, 2X Sunshine 15W Led Spot lights, 24 2LH

Strains:
Purple Widow(Purple Kush X White Widow) 70/30 Indica/Sativa
Blue Dreams Sativa Hybrid
Harliquin (High CBD Medicinal Strain) Sativa hybrid
Lemon Haze Sativa

I will not be tackling all of this from the get go, I am setting up a 3 Week rotation, so every three weeks one of the rooms gets filled...thus allowing me to harvest 24-32 plants every 3 weeks.

Ok so First off the Clones are all cloned for 12 days in my 40 site Aero Cloner, using my 90W LED UFO. 24/0

Batch one will be Purple Widow going into the 2x4 tent.....
IMG_9292.JPG

im impressed with the roots after only 12 days and the stems thickend up a lot. Also most plants grew about 1-2 inches with as many as 7 new nodes!! WTF MATE!
They were transplanted from the cloner to 2LHs then put into 24 hours of darkness to help reduce stress.
Then flipped to 12/12 and given a first BPN feeding of about 750 PPM(Tap water is 350, so 400ish ppm of BPN)
PHd water to 6.0ish
I will add more photos tonight or tomorrow of day one and todays update.

Re: Fun w/ 2L Hempies! Feat. BPN: It has what plants crave!

Let me jump in first, sub'd.

Read your first grow and would like to see how you do with some exp on your side with the hempys. I've been thinking about doing hempys around my main grow for extra bud.

good luck man!

you know you got me subbed as well mate, i updated my journal as well with loads of pics as of my grow today, thanks for the info on the 2ltr veg time, as they dont grow wide much i take it they dont need much veg, so if i was doing them from seed would you think it would be worth vegging for say 2 weeks or strait to flower from seed, ive never tried 2ltr hempie before, also im unsure on how to care for them, ie what parts to cut off and what to let grow, but your plants are ahead of mine as mine went 12-12 from seed so ill keep watching yours and getting tips and advice along the way, if im gone do it right then i should follow someone who has an idea what they are doing, teSmp has been helping me out loads and he does some 2ltr hempies as well so im taking notes so i can get the best out of mine, great start to your journal as well

you know you got me subbed as well mate, i updated my journal as well with loads of pics as of my grow today, thanks for the info on the 2ltr veg time, as they dont grow wide much i take it they dont need much veg, so if i was doing them from seed would you think it would be worth vegging for say 2 weeks or strait to flower from seed, ive never tried 2ltr hempie before, also im unsure on how to care for them, ie what parts to cut off and what to let grow, but your plants are ahead of mine as mine went 12-12 from seed so ill keep watching yours and getting tips and advice along the way, if im gone do it right then i should follow someone who has an idea what they are doing, teSmp has been helping me out loads and he does some 2ltr hempies as well so im taking notes so i can get the best out of mine, great start to your journal as well

Personally I have no actual experience from seed..been growing for just about a year now actually LOL. My personal plan is to save fund to get seeds and use them for mothers in soil. 2l Hempies seems like it is best suited for clones.

My educated guess is going to 12/12 from seed will basically make it act like a Auto Flowering plant. It will grow til it feels like its ready to flower then induce. I think usually around the 2ft mark? Again I don't have any experience from seeds. as for the growing style you want to keep it single stalked no side branches. I thought they were supposed to do that on their own, but my last run got side branches and kinda screwed my yield cuz i didnt take them off....this time around any side branching i see started is coming off right away.....basically it should look like a nice seaweed forest.

Re: Fun w/ 2L Hempies! Featuring BPN: It Has What Plants Crave!

ok no probs, so its best to cut off all the side branches, mine are only about 8 inches tall but at the 3 nodes i have got the growth of the new branches, so its best to cut this off to push all the grow to the main stem, im only asking as i have seen some 2ltr hempies with the main stem and 2 side stems, usually the lowest of the side branches is kept and the others removed, ive never growth 2ltr before and the plants im growing now are the first plants in 9 years so its been a while since i grew anything,

Alright here is a shot from Day 1 right after first feeding.

750ppm BPN(Tap water runs 350 so 400ppm of BPN goodness)
PHd @ 6.0
Slight fuck up, i made my 2l Co2 generator and put a little to much in and now all the plants look like they got spooged on by the tube LOL. Will clean them off tomorrow with feeding. I assume some Water/Sugar/Yeast on the leaves should be ok for a day? Was kinda funny this morning when i saw it though LOL. Anyways for the photos!

IMAG03386.jpg
IMAG033710.jpg

They do look a little unkept, but I am waiting for the first week so not to stress them then ill trim off the crap that doesnt look quite right....

Also a note I will be Defoiling all the plants on day 21 and 45!

I'm subbed too !

ok no probs, so its best to cut off all the side branches, mine are only about 8 inches tall but at the 3 nodes i have got the growth of the new branches, so its best to cut this off to push all the grow to the main stem, im only asking as i have seen some 2ltr hempies with the main stem and 2 side stems, usually the lowest of the side branches is kept and the others removed, ive never growth 2ltr before and the plants im growing now are the first plants in 9 years so its been a while since i grew anything,

From what I have gathered keeping them single stalked is a key thing. My last run had side branches because i wasnt sure if i could/should take them off and didnt want to stunt growth...i def think that it reduced my yield, and perpetuated a small stint of powdery at the very end due to all the flowers crowding. I haven't seen any that keep two sides, but I haven't read that many journals yet..working on it still :D I am def. a fan of this hempy bottle, I am turning heads to other growers i know around me and they are reconsidering how they do things lol.

Sky rocket is all in. So let me get this straight. You have 54 plants in your tent and 32 plants inj you closet?

not quite

Currently I only have 30 plants in my 2X4 Tent(could be 32, but im running the 2L Co2 in those slots).
Later I will have another 32 in a half closet, and 24 in my armoire.

they look loads better now and starting to really grow, must have good roots about now then, cant wait to see how yours ends out, id say my seeds under 12-12 are not far off the same size as yours and mine have not been in flower long, about 2 weeks i think but i would need to check, mine are under 400watt dual spectrum hps,
i had a bit of an accident with the one, when i was moving the light it got a bit close and the top of the stem wilted and all the big leaves wilted so i topped the plant and pulled every big leaf off it, i thought it would die as all i was left with was the stem, and the smallest of new growing leaves at the 2 nodes where it had been topped, now its growing like crazy and its got 4 tops now, 2 at the node i topped it and and the 2 below have caught up and are the same height, i think by me damaging the main leaves and stem and pulling it all off and just leaving the smallest of growth at the nodes forced the plant to grow these out, so now the nodes that would of been side branches have now turned into the main stem as the main stem was topped, so im wondering if i should leave it and grow it out, or should i put it in a different post and let it grow out as 4 tops might be a bit much for 2ltr hempie

they look loads better now and starting to really grow, must have good roots about now then, cant wait to see how yours ends out, id say my seeds under 12-12 are not far off the same size as yours and mine have not been in flower long, about 2 weeks i think but i would need to check, mine are under 400watt dual spectrum hps,
i had a bit of an accident with the one, when i was moving the light it got a bit close and the top of the stem wilted and all the big leaves wilted so i topped the plant and pulled every big leaf off it, i thought it would die as all i was left with was the stem, and the smallest of new growing leaves at the 2 nodes where it had been topped, now its growing like crazy and its got 4 tops now, 2 at the node i topped it and and the 2 below have caught up and are the same height, i think by me damaging the main leaves and stem and pulling it all off and just leaving the smallest of growth at the nodes forced the plant to grow these out, so now the nodes that would of been side branches have now turned into the main stem as the main stem was topped, so im wondering if i should leave it and grow it out, or should i put it in a different post and let it grow out as 4 tops might be a bit much for 2ltr hempie

I would recommend not transplanting it, as you want as little stress as possible in flowering and since you basically stripped it, I wouldn't do anything else. That is just me, if it was vegging I would say transplant it. That is just my thoughts, anyone else wanting to chime in with a different thought is more than welcome.

Flowering Day 10

Bumped up the BPN goodness to 10/10/10/5 running at 930 ppm. PH@6.0ish
Sprayed them 2 days ago with some Liquid Lady Bug, as i have had an on going Spider Mite issue, i just cant seem to kill them!! Going to try some extreme measures now that they are more stable. Doing 2 doses of Liquid Ladybug 5 days apart then ill do 2 of SnS217 also 5 days apart, and finally I am making some Ghost Pepper spray which I will apply after the last SnS217 which should act as a great deterrent...who knew Martha Stewart would help me grow bud!
We have some really nice growth and I can visibly already see the buds starting(which is a good 5 days ahead of my last crop)
also will be adding some shots of the new clones going under the LEDs for the t5 grow in a day or so.

IMAG03486.jpg
IMAG034713.jpg
IMAG03459.jpg
IMAG034914.jpg

have any of you in the USA watched this show on this link, i have been watching the gold rush show and game across this cannabis program i have not started watching it yet cuz im still watching that gold rush, but it seems very interesting just wondered if anyone had watched it
|--American Weed Season 1 Episode 1 | $7iCKY.TV--|

I have been watching those shows. They really like their Bubba Kush. I won't spoil it for you as the season is over here....

Back
Top Bottom