Fun With 2L Hempies! - It Has What Plants Crave!

Re: Fun w/ 2L Hempies! Featuring BPN: It Has What Plants Crave!

ill be watching the 1st episode tonight, i have to watch it on some site though as they wont show stuff like that in the uk in case to many people get crazy ideas and start growing their own smoke, i mean really as if anyone would do that now, lol

looking a lot greener (is it just the lighting?) it's going to be a nice forest.

do you have any pipe work for your co2 or do you just let it bubble out the bottle?

They def are a lot greener, not quite to where they should be yet, but getting closer everyday. With the increased nutes they should be back to full green in a few days now i would assume.

And yea, I have tubing running from the Co2liter to a small clip fan that is point directly at the canopy of the garden.

could i ask, you know your 2ltr hempies, well you have the soil going to the bottom of the bottle dont you, your not growing it like its in 2 bottles, like you cut a bottle in half and turn the top bit upside down so the lid of the bottle is facing down and poke holes in it for the roots to grow out of, so you fill that top bit with soil and put the plant in it, when the roots grow down they come out of what the lid used to be and the holes you poked, and they go down into the bottom bit you cut off thats full of water and nutes like a sort of dwc, i wanted to ask someone how big they would have the bottom with the liquid in, as my roots are just starting to poke out of the top bottle and are growing down into the liquid, i just wondered how deep the liquid water and nute mix should be. i dont suppose you know much about growing like that by any chance do you

I have a bunch in flowering.. and the whole is like 3-4 inches from the bottom of the 2L -DWC-H .. It works as an overflow like the 2L Hempy standard. The higher you put it the bigger reservoir you have.. I have realized that with coco/perlite.. It is pretty much dumb friendly and impossible to drown.. Which also makes it fairly easy to flush!
All the whole you put in the top piece of the 2L are where the roots fall thru along with the water!! which is most important in the aeration of this little device. cold water and that flow going down thru the little pockets in the medium are filled with oxygen.. which then sits at the bottom of your reservoir acting as a "DWC" the girls in flowering will drink that water up so fast it is impossible for the solution to go stale/bad/rot whatever you call it.. therefore easier to maintain then a bigger DWC ..cause temp and salt buildups can be a problem.. in this mini u can wash out all that stuff real quick.. Just make sure you have a flood table.. water FLOWS out those things before you know it.. AND humidity will rise... especially after feedings.. so be prepared to catch all that run off.. test what you need to .. and take care of it by doing what you do... being a "recovery" or "non-recovery" hydroponic system

nice response Spirit!

I will be playing around with a 2LDWCH in this journal later...i think i will try a few in the t5 or LED section.

Ladies got a nice feeding today at 925 ppm. Lookin really nice n green. Taking clones tonight....god I have been so unmotivated to do anything lately...cant let things fall through the cracks! Tomorrow I will start the daily feeding process instead of every other day. Pic update tomorrow :D

great info spirit, my roots are just growing out the top piece thats upside down so where the lid of the bottle should be the roots are growing out of the holes i poked, one question though, i have loads of black bottles so can pretty much have the liquid pretty deep say 3/4 of a bottle, is it best to use as much space as i can to let the roots grow into a bigger space and more liquid, i will also be adding an small air stone as i have a few stones and pumps lying around as i have tropical fish so i will be adding one of these, i have just got the roots growing out the top bottle but wasnt sure how deep to have the liquid in the bottom, i need to sort it out tomorrow now the roots are through and ready to be in the liquid, i was thinking about half the size of the bottle should be liquid, would that be a good amount to have.

bigpappa, im sure you will be more with it when these plants get a bit further along, mine just got interesting so cant wait for them to finish, cant wait to see some pics mate, see how their coming along

great info spirit, my roots are just growing out the top piece thats upside down so where the lid of the bottle should be the roots are growing out of the holes i poked, one question though, i have loads of black bottles so can pretty much have the liquid pretty deep say 3/4 of a bottle, is it best to use as much space as i can to let the roots grow into a bigger space and more liquid, i will also be adding an small air stone as i have a few stones and pumps lying around as i have tropical fish so i will be adding one of these, i have just got the roots growing out the top bottle but wasnt sure how deep to have the liquid in the bottom, i need to sort it out tomorrow now the roots are through and ready to be in the liquid, i was thinking about half the size of the bottle should be liquid, would that be a good amount to have.

bigpappa, im sure you will be more with it when these plants get a bit further along, mine just got interesting so cant wait for them to finish, cant wait to see some pics mate, see how their coming along

Great question donpaul!

Honestly.. from what I see.. in the beginning stages you want to feed every day almost until the roots hit the reservoir (however deep you have it) they are always in search of water and once they find it.. they go for the hail mary!

judging by the experience I'd say the higher the whole.. the less feeding.. one of the theories that Twelve12 had before he left.. was that you can walk away from ur girls for a few days and it will be okay.. but that is not necessarily the case.. since these things to explode in root growth so will the plant therefore wanting to feed more and more.. and before u know it your reservoir is dry..

So i say take the whole higher plus i am pretty sure the extra holes will come to advantage and all the roots can find there way.. (it seems like the cap is mainly the exit route for the roots)

:thumb:

Sub'd, Welcome to the Blue Planet Nutrients Army!!!! Nice little grow you got going. 2L hempy with BPN can't go wrong. Those spider mites are a beeeeotch! Try using the spider mite guard idea that LLB has in the package they mail you. Justa piece of sponge soaked in LLB zip tied to the main stalk, it should keep them down for the duration. :peace::love::morenutes::smokin:

@ spirit, i seen the hempies with just the bottle lid as the whole for the roots to grow out of, well i poked a load of holes all the way around the bottle so that roots didnt need to funnel out the one whole, so now i have got roots growing out of all the smaller holes first and none out of the bigger hole yet but it is slightly lower down so possibly the roots not their yet,

Sub'd, Welcome to the Blue Planet Nutrients Army!!!! Nice little grow you got going. 2L hempy with BPN can't go wrong. Those spider mites are a beeeeotch! Try using the spider mite guard idea that LLB has in the package they mail you. Justa piece of sponge soaked in LLB zip tied to the main stalk, it should keep them down for the duration. :peace::love::morenutes::smokin:

Hmm not a bad idea...however there is no space on the stalks unless i cut off bud sites :( Usually I can get them under control in the flowering room by the end of the stretch....however now that I have all small plants again and not big ass bushy moms if i stay diligent on spraying i should be able to irradicate them for the most part.

However I may just do that on my new moms once they are big enough.

Purple Widow-Flowering Day 17

Ok well at least I am back within the week for an update. Sheesh I need to get better at this. Girls are still getting fed at 900-950 ppm. PHd @6.0 They have there first haircuts this coming thursday. The girls are looking super sexy. Only a couple have 1 small side branch which i will snip off during haircut.

Clones are on day 7...no photos for them till i see roots. Its weird, last time after 4 days and roots were popped, and now im just seeing the blistering on the stems.

and the photos....i need a better camera dang it LOL.
IMAG03706.jpg
IMAG03729.jpg
IMAG03737.jpg
IMAG03756.jpg
IMAG03746.jpg
IMAG03775.jpg

looking good mate, how do you work out when to chop the yellow leaves, i have 2 big plants in flower and some leaves at the bottom of the plant are a really light yellow colour, possibly due to lack of light, not the same as your plants i know, but as you mention that you are going to prune then i wondered how you base the best time to do this on, is it the 21day from the first time you switch 12-12 that is the best time to prune, i didnt want to prune to much because ive read that pruning in flower makes the plant grow out the leaves that are in the buds so this makes them leaves bigger and makes the bud smoke leafy when harvested, so now im in flower i have pruned very little, the only leaves i have taken are leaves that are nearly dead, my plants have a totally even canopy due to some nice lst work and anything below this is getting little light so i think the leaves are struggling with no light, so i have pulled a few to prevent the plant getting a problem with mold or anything like that, but im just wondering if i wanted to say prune leaves to let more light in what is the best time to do this.

i have seen growers that say the flower period starts when you first notice the flowers, others say its from the day you switch 12-12. and thats the method i am using, so day1 was the day i gave the plants 12 hours of dark,

your plants are really looking good, i got 1 2ltr hempie dwc left as one turned out male, but i could easily fit over 100 in my room so something i may consider if this goes ok

looking good mate, how do you work out when to chop the yellow leaves, i have 2 big plants in flower and some leaves at the bottom of the plant are a really light yellow colour, possibly due to lack of light, not the same as your plants i know, but as you mention that you are going to prune then i wondered how you base the best time to do this on, is it the 21day from the first time you switch 12-12 that is the best time to prune, i didnt want to prune to much because ive read that pruning in flower makes the plant grow out the leaves that are in the buds so this makes them leaves bigger and makes the bud smoke leafy when harvested, so now im in flower i have pruned very little, the only leaves i have taken are leaves that are nearly dead, my plants have a totally even canopy due to some nice lst work and anything below this is getting little light so i think the leaves are struggling with no light, so i have pulled a few to prevent the plant getting a problem with mold or anything like that, but im just wondering if i wanted to say prune leaves to let more light in what is the best time to do this.

i have seen growers that say the flower period starts when you first notice the flowers, others say its from the day you switch 12-12. and thats the method i am using, so day1 was the day i gave the plants 12 hours of dark,

your plants are really looking good, i got 1 2ltr hempie dwc left as one turned out male, but i could easily fit over 100 in my room so something i may consider if this goes ok

For the pruning, in this 2l hempy method i take ALL fan leaves off each plant except for 2 at the top and bottom. I learned this method from reading 420fieds journals on here. This is done twice on day 21 and day 45.....and yes everything is from the day i switched the lighting to 12/12....im guessing the folks that say they start flowering from the first signs would be outdoor growers and there isnt really a control to when flowering is triggered. But when growing indoors we get to play god in a sense......"and I say unto you Purple Widow.....BUD!!!!! May the power of ganja compel you! May the power of ganja compel you!!!..........."

"to do what? eat 20 cheeseburgers?!?!?!!"

Back
Top Bottom