Perfect Sun 1000 Basement Grow - First Timer Welcomes Guidance

Just finished reading your journal. AWESOME grow! And I learned a couple things: 1) I Could grow without a tent and divide the grow room into 2 sections with the right lighting and 2) I learned about the perfect sun, which makes this idea possible.:high-five:

Just finished reading your journal. AWESOME grow! And I learned a couple things: 1) I Could grow without a tent and divide the grow room into 2 sections with the right lighting and 2) I learned about the perfect sun, which makes this idea possible.:high-five:

:welcome: :passitleft: I plan on adding another light after this grow then if I want I can divide it right down the middle with Panda film to make two rooms if I want. I love the versatility the panda film provides. I'ma have to stop by your yard and see what you workin with

Alright I'm all caught up. One of your major challenges is the lighting. You're running both photos and autos in the same space. Yes, it can be done and yes, they'll bloom and give you delicious buds, but never in the quantity or quality you'll get by running autos under 20/4 lighting from seed to harvest.

I've been lucky enough to have befriended some very talented cultivators since I fell through the gates here two years ago. Among them are Atrain, who now works for another site dedicated to autoflowering strains, and cajuncelt, himself trained as a professional cultivator in CO. Those men taught me that there are three cardinal rules with autos:

- Germinate them in their harvest pots. Autos have different roots. You transplant and you stall them.
- The best lighting schedule, if your interest is in harvesting copious, dense, potent buds covered with the frosty crystals of the trichomes we all chase like madmen, :laughtwo: is 20/4, not 18/6 or anything else. From seed to harvest. Both men were emphatic about this. That's professional experience talking.
- Reign back the tendency to switch to flowering nutes too soon. Treat them like vegging plants well after they start flowering. I trust them to know what they're talking about there. My experience with bottled nutrients is limited, to say the least. Lazy gardener here waves her hand about, growing in soil that feeds the plant for her.

Edit: I was just over at my yard and arteekay dropped this on me. Thought I'd share:

You notice I have two tents? One is photos, the other autos. The autos are so easy, in their own world with consistent lighting. They're easier to set up perpetual since they all have the same light needs, regardless of age. The photos are more demanding. :laughtwo: They offer their own special rewards, but you need two spaces, or you run start to finish, reset and run again. Duggan and his monster girls comes to mind as I write that. :laughtwo: This is likely the approach I'll take. Germinate and early veg in a third space and transplant into the tent following the previous harvest.

Reading through it appears I've been here more than I realized. I sometimes get moving so fast..... I'm working on that. It also appeared that you were having fun with this gardening and journaling thing. Are we having fun yet? Keep at it. You're doing real well. It's going to be interesting to look back in a year. Trust me. Reading this journal you'll smile fondly.

This was fun. Gotta go find arteekay now. :ciao:

Hi Sue! That's some great info there, I'll have to copy that post and save it, thanks!

:thanks:

Let me encourage you to try the kit. I can assure you, it is NOT difficult. In its most basic dress it's 3 drenches (Growth Energy, Transplant, TransWater) and 2 foliars, plus the kick of the CAT drenches. Good grief, if I can pull off the kit successfully, anyone can! I fought it so hard that I proved you'd succeed no matter how bull-headed you wanted to be. :laughtwo:

Honestly, in the beginning I made it more complicated than it was. Graytail convinced me to relax and let it flow, and life got so much easier for me, because the plants did great from the get-go. I grow beautiful plants. The kit plants are special. I can't give them up. That says something.

Plus, they come with their own cheering squad. :battingeyelashes: :love: These guys really care about helping you succeed with the kit. They'll keep it from becoming complicated. They'll walk you through it. The most complicated part is the timing of the CATs, but ShiggityFlip has a thread dedicated to this. Part of that legendary support system.

My point is, don't put it off because you think it'll be complicated. They'll help you learn to make it instinctive. At that point, growing fine cannabis doesn't get any easier, unless someone else is growing it for you.

I've not heard of the kit. I'll have to stop by your grow and check kit out.

:Namaste:

Thanks for stopping by.

Forgot to mention the smell from the garden now. The auto Lemon is really starting to emit her odors I find myself walking into the Garden more and more just to get a nice wiff

Hi Catnip! I recently had to make some mods to my tent as I was letting it vent into the house and when I walked in I was immediately greeted by the aroma. Not complaining, I love it, but my son lives with me and I started my grow while he was away visiting his mom. I don't want him coming back and smelling it and then telling all of his friends his dad is growing. I do find myself stopping every time I walk by the tent, opening it and taking a deep breath though.....:yummy:

:peacetwo:

Update is late sorry for the delay but we had a lot of Rain the past week and the Room was leaking a little So I wanted it to dry out before I took the pics. Humidity got as high as 78% It is now 67 and dropping. Not too much to report This is the 4th week since Flip and the plants are looking nice. Big Burtha the White widow/big bud Just wont stop growing. she is now the biggest plant in the Garden and I had to move her out of the direct path of the light. She was 12" from the light and I thought she had stopped growing. Nope a couple days later it was done to 9" and the top leaves started bleaching. So I again adjusted the timer on the light rail to speed it up some on it travels up and down the light rail. Again take head to LEDRF strength of the light WARNING.

The Devils Creme and the LSD 25 is finally starting to show its purple colors. For some reason my pics of the LSD didnt come out clear so I'll try to get some good ones of it next time. Plants seem to be enjoying the Tigerbloom the slow ass Atomics finally started showing pistols after giving them the Tigerbloom.

Auto Lemon is still filling in However the Buds are getting to heavy for the stems had one that was broke so I had to break out the tape and make some support for the branches hanging real low.

20160818_232551.jpg

middle of Big Burtha
20160818_232535.jpg

Critical Kush

Lovely garden. I'm impressed, you speak of learning but your plants are clean with great color. I'd say you're off to a great start with your new hobby.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Lovely garden. I'm impressed, you speak of learning but your plants are clean with great color. I'd say you're off to a great start with your new hobby.

Cheers

I'm Trying. Maybe that why no one is posting everybody Feels I'm doing fine and need no help

I was shocked. Best "new garden" I've seen in a while. Not much to say. Leafs are standing tall, color is constant throughout leaf structure. Plants look happy.

Cheers

That's OK, Catnip. I have periods of time when I don't even get a "like". The Journal is more a place to keep a log and share your ups and downs, so that newbies can learn different ways of growing, and some of the unusual alternatives to very expensive equipment. :thumb:

That's OK, Catnip. I have periods of time when I don't even get a "like". The Journal is more a place to keep a log and share your ups and downs, so that newbies can learn different ways of growing, and some of the unusual alternatives to very expensive equipment. :thumb:

Well this is a growing on a budget thread. Cant say how pleased I am with this light choice. all these plants are with ONE light. Best 900bucks I've spent in a couple years

Just checking in to see how things are going.

I can't remember, the room is 12/12 right?

If so, I've noticed over the years that autos don't do as well under 12/12, but you will see get buds. Everything is looking happy green.

I the picture of that one leaf burn when she was like 9 inches away?

Back
Top Bottom