Perfect Sun 1000 Basement Grow - First Timer Welcomes Guidance

Hey Synbad. I have a PS500 on the way. Should be here this week. Very excited to see what it can do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'll be looking forward to how it does Born.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Catnip, your grow is looking great! I had to pull up a seat and watch. I've got a 32"x32"x63" tent and been thinking about a PS 500 for my next grow. Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

:Namaste::peacetwo:

:thanks: :welcome: :passitleft: As you can see I'm a newbie and the plants are doing great under the 1000. Ledrf recommended that I do 10 plants but I went over that amount and they are still looking good. couldnt be more pleased with the Perfect Sun 1000

Weekly Update: plants were slow moving into full flower so I did what i really didnt want to do and added a heater to the room. The temp is now 71-73 degrees instead of 66-71. the plants have responded and the pistols are coming now. found another male in Outsider row so I had to get rid of it. the GSC auto was a no go. the head popped out the soil but it looked like a peanut. It never opened and died. I did check it for a foreskin but none was present. It was just a dud so RiP cookie.

The rest of the plants are doing fine. Auto Lemon is starting to put on the frost but I'm a little worried cause the Pistols are dying waiting to see new ones fill in. Will update with pics sunday

trying to do my weekly pic update but for some reason the site is not allowing me to select upload submit button it's grayed out. Had an incident in the basement today. While I was sitting in the grow room I heard something pop and all the lights went out in the basement. I was like ok the circuit breaker popped so i proceed to the circuit panel and none of the circuits are tripped. I was like o shit something big has happened. Started to head upstairs to make a couple calls then I smelled something awful in the stairwell. Turns out the light switch for the basement blew out. So I had to do some jerry rigging to run a long extension cord into the grow room to run the light. Will have to hit the hardware store in the morning for a new light switch.

The photos suffered do to the low light in the room but the plants are doing fine. It must be a stick up because Pistols are every where. just about all of the plants are showing their buds now. Such an exciting time in the Garden. Auto Lemon was the best plant in the Garden but it has now been surpassed by the White Widow/Big Bud she is now taller then the auto lemon and I've named her Big Bertha. One of the Incredible Bulks has almost caught the auto lemon also. My purps also have pistols flowing. The LSD has really stretched alot and is now same height as the biggest Devils creme. Non of the purps have started showing color yet though hope it's soon. once the site starts working correctly again I'll load the pics

alright Pics are working now.
20160807_235842.jpg

man they dont make this easy. why dont the descriptions you type in show up when you preview pics to insert into the thread

Some exquisite shots in those posts CatnipTC. Thanks for the smiles. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Just a thought, do you keep a fire extinguisher near your grow space? Might want to be a consideration, seeing as how the universe just demonstrated how capricious electricity can be.

They're coming along really well!
:bravo: :Namaste:

I know you are interested in the 500ver of the light. Should do you real well in a tent set up. You see what it's doing for me. doesnt look as good as the Vets up in here like Shiggtyflip who is using the same light but I plan on getting there.

Some exquisite shots in those posts CatnipTC. Thanks for the smiles. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Just a thought, do you keep a fire extinguisher near your grow space? Might want to be a consideration, seeing as how the universe just demonstrated how capricious electricity can be.

Have one in the Kitchen not in the grow room. Just glad I'm not using alot of watts. Perfect Sun uses about 520watts then I have the just added heater into the room. It uses a max of 1500watts but I only have it on medium. Thanks for stopping by Sue your Sweetness is always appreciated

Update before pics this weekend. I wanted to do this grow fully natural with no nutes. But looking at the plants during flowering I noticed that the Photo's have alot more pistols then the auto's. So I decided to get a Gal. of Foxfarm Tigerbloom. I decided on this brand because I read that it lowers the Ph of your water. My water is naturally high in ph so I would have to add some ph down to get it to the right level. I thought why not just leave the ph down out and substitute it with the Tigerbloom. Hope it really does help these auto's.

I'm finally starting to see a hint of purple in the LSD-25 and one of the devils Creme. Cant wait to see what those final buds look like. I'm geeking in anticipation.

Looking really good Catnip:high-five: Sucks about the light switch blowing out, this light is a beast!

Thanks for stopping by.

Forgot to mention the smell from the garden now. The auto Lemon is really starting to emit her odors I find myself walking into the Garden more and more just to get a nice wiff

Thanks for stopping by.

Forgot to mention the smell from the garden now. The auto Lemon is really starting to emit her odors I find myself walking into the Garden more and more just to get a nice wiff

And right off you make me salivate. :laughtwo: I haven't grown a lemon one yet. arteekay and Jay have me thinking of the Lemon Skunk, one of the frostiest plants I've seen outside of Shiggity's Snowdome of a flower room. If you haven't visited Catnip, treat yourself to his grow with the Perfect Sun.

My Med GOM 1.0 grows in a wide open closet with no filter or fan. She's basically my houseplant, and when I come home and open that door her buttery sweetness envelopes me with the smell of "Home." I live on the third floor of a three-story building, above everyone else with no close neighbors, so I can get away with letting her perfume the whole space. Pretty enviable on its own, and then there's my view across the river valley that's 3/4 sky. I love living here.

Ok, I got carried away there, so let me jump back and catch up. I haven't been here much, have I? They keep me busy over on the oil threads, but it's a passion that can't be quelled so...... I'll be back when I'm all read up to date. :ciao:

And right off you make me salivate. :laughtwo: I haven't grown a lemon one yet. arteekay and Jay have me thinking of the Lemon Skunk, one of the frostiest plants I've seen outside of Shiggity's Snowdome of a flower room. If you haven't visited Catnip, treat yourself to his grow with the Perfect Sun.

My Med GOM 1.0 grows in a wide open closet with no filter or fan. She's basically my houseplant, and when I come home and open that door her buttery sweetness envelopes me with the smell of "Home." I live on the third floor of a three-story building, above everyone else with no close neighbors, so I can get away with letting her perfume the whole space. Pretty enviable on its own, and then there's my view across the river valley that's 3/4 sky. I love living here.

Ok, I got carried away there, so let me jump back and catch up. I haven't been here much, have I? They keep me busy over on the oil threads, but it's a passion that can't be quelled so...... I'll be back when I'm all read up to date. :ciao:

Thanks for the Visit Sue and Yes I've been to Shiggity Flips journal. I'm so Jelly it aint even funny part of the reason why I went and bought some TigerBloom. I know he is using the High Brix system and it's making me want to try it. Just seems a little more complicated then I ready for just yet. Maybe on my third grow I'll be comfortable enough to try the system.

Love stopping by your thread. I always learn something before I leave. Keep up the great work and Stop by my Yard anytime. :passitleft::circle-of-love:

Alright I'm all caught up. One of your major challenges is the lighting. You're running both photos and autos in the same space. Yes, it can be done and yes, they'll bloom and give you delicious buds, but never in the quantity or quality you'll get by running autos under 20/4 lighting from seed to harvest.

I've been lucky enough to have befriended some very talented cultivators since I fell through the gates here two years ago. Among them are Atrain, who now works for another site dedicated to autoflowering strains, and cajuncelt, himself trained as a professional cultivator in CO. Those men taught me that there are three cardinal rules with autos:

- Germinate them in their harvest pots. Autos have different roots. You transplant and you stall them.
- The best lighting schedule, if your interest is in harvesting copious, dense, potent buds covered with the frosty crystals of the trichomes we all chase like madmen, :laughtwo: is 20/4, not 18/6 or anything else. From seed to harvest. Both men were emphatic about this. That's professional experience talking.
- Reign back the tendency to switch to flowering nutes too soon. Treat them like vegging plants well after they start flowering. I trust them to know what they're talking about there. My experience with bottled nutrients is limited, to say the least. Lazy gardener here waves her hand about, growing in soil that feeds the plant for her.

Edit: I was just over at my yard and arteekay dropped this on me. Thought I'd share:

arteekay said:
The "basic rules" are my bible, but it should be said they are directed at maximizing yield. You can break all of them if the goal is just to get something out an empty slot of lighted space, regardless of light schedule.

You notice I have two tents? One is photos, the other autos. The autos are so easy, in their own world with consistent lighting. They're easier to set up perpetual since they all have the same light needs, regardless of age. The photos are more demanding. :laughtwo: They offer their own special rewards, but you need two spaces, or you run start to finish, reset and run again. Duggan and his monster girls comes to mind as I write that. :laughtwo: This is likely the approach I'll take. Germinate and early veg in a third space and transplant into the tent following the previous harvest.

Reading through it appears I've been here more than I realized. I sometimes get moving so fast..... I'm working on that. It also appeared that you were having fun with this gardening and journaling thing. Are we having fun yet? Keep at it. You're doing real well. It's going to be interesting to look back in a year. Trust me. Reading this journal you'll smile fondly.

This was fun. Gotta go find arteekay now. :ciao:

Thanks for the Visit Sue and Yes I've been to Shiggity Flips journal. I'm so Jelly it aint even funny part of the reason why I went and bought some TigerBloom. I know he is using the High Brix system and it's making me want to try it. Just seems a little more complicated then I ready for just yet. Maybe on my third grow I'll be comfortable enough to try the system.

Love stopping by your thread. I always learn something before I leave. Keep up the great work and Stop by my Yard anytime. :passitleft::circle-of-love:

Let me encourage you to try the kit. I can assure you, it is NOT difficult. In its most basic dress it's 3 drenches (Growth Energy, Transplant, TransWater) and 2 foliars, plus the kick of the CAT drenches. Good grief, if I can pull off the kit successfully, anyone can! I fought it so hard that I proved you'd succeed no matter how bull-headed you wanted to be. :laughtwo:

Honestly, in the beginning I made it more complicated than it was. Graytail convinced me to relax and let it flow, and life got so much easier for me, because the plants did great from the get-go. I grow beautiful plants. The kit plants are special. I can't give them up. That says something.

Plus, they come with their own cheering squad. :battingeyelashes: :love: These guys really care about helping you succeed with the kit. They'll keep it from becoming complicated. They'll walk you through it. The most complicated part is the timing of the CATs, but ShiggityFlip has a thread dedicated to this. Part of that legendary support system.

My point is, don't put it off because you think it'll be complicated. They'll help you learn to make it instinctive. At that point, growing fine cannabis doesn't get any easier, unless someone else is growing it for you.

Back
Top Bottom