COorganics - RockyMtnHigh - Perpetual - TLO stylie

I am working on a better veg room for the summer. The one in the attic is unusable due to high temps in 100's at times. I cleaned out a closet and am moving Veg downstairs. I was vegging in windowsill and partly outdoors and frankly it has been pretty shitty for the plants.

Much more to be done, but here is the start.
Summer Veg Room:

image11356.jpg

I am puttering around the house today working on this and some transplanting. And really praying for rain. Looks like it might happen.

I'm rocking and rolling with the veg room. This could be a really nice room if I wanted it to be. I have my 4ft 4 build HO T5 hanging above a dog crate that was previously just taking up space. The bottom of the dog crate came out and went on top. Boom. Table with a spill catching top. Clones are down low in some lower light till I see them start growing. This room is nice. Ill probably put in shelves and store all my gardening stuff down here instead of in the attic.

A day ago this room was filled with stuff. Couldn't even walk into it. I used it for that and to dry plants in. Now I have to figure out where to put all this shit that was in closet.

image11357.jpg
image11358.jpg
image11359.jpg
image11360.jpg
image11362.jpg

image11361.jpg

I like using my staplegun, lol. I'm getting good at hanging plastic.

I'm rocking and rolling with the veg room. This could be a really nice room if I wanted it to be. I have my 4ft 4 build HO T5 hanging above a dog crate that was previously just taking up space. The bottom of the dog crate came out and went on top. Boom. Table with a spill catching top. Clones are down low in some lower light till I see them start growing. This room is nice. Ill probably put in shelves and store all my gardening stuff down here instead of in the attic.

A day ago this room was filled with stuff. Couldn't even walk into it. I used it for that and to dry plants in. Now I have to figure out where to put all this shit that was in closet.

image11357.jpg
image11358.jpg
image11359.jpg
image11360.jpg
image11362.jpg

image11361.jpg

I like using my staplegun, lol. I'm getting good at hanging plastic.

Use duct tape and shoot thru it will keep staple from pulling thru plastic.

Sweet growing dude. I think I am going to order me some from of Critical. I feel you my garage was hitting almost 100 so I had to install a window unit a/c and shut down my veg cabinet for at least a month or two. It is only going to get hotter!

Yeah I'm guessing your down on front range somewhere. My sister lives down there. It gets hotter than hell down there. GL with a summer attic grow if I lived down there. Here in the good 'ol mtns it stays about 10-15 degrees cooler generally In summer.

Thanks for swinging by! Your girls look the same as always... Great.

Have a good one and smoke a fat one.

So I will be trying something a little different when I harvest this plant.
image11369.jpg

I'm going to try a no till approach rather than my usual program of throwing the soil from the container in a recycle bin and building a new layered and spiked pot using bagged roots organic dirt as my base soil. And layers and spikes per TLO.

This time I'm going to dig out the root ball and then ill transplant this Critical Kush plant into the hole.
image11361.jpg

I will poke new holes (2) into the soil on the outer edges of the container, and fill holes with spike blend.
This is how spiking a pot looks again.
image9011.jpg
image9014.jpg

I will top dress a bunch of worm castings from my worm farm and a bit of blood and feather meal to add in some N for the vegging plant and for the microbes.

I'm really excited to try this and see the results. It should be easy to see as ill be doing the same strain, in the same room, same pot size, same teas, water...etc

Wouldn't it be simple to harvest a plant, yank out rootball, spike pot, transplant clone, top dress and mulch, water and tea. And continue doing this over and over indefinitely. No washing used pots out, cooking soil. Layering pots. Having to move pots out of my flower room.

Spikes seem to be a great way to go in container growing. I'm surprised to not see more folks doing this. I hear folks discussing supersoil and sometimes noticing after harvest that the roots have not filled bottom of pot well. Sounds like the roots are growing down through the mellow upper layer of the SS container and then just licking at the supersoil below. And the plants turn out great, I'm not saying otherwise at all. I just think layering and spiking the container is probably a bit better because the roots can always fill pot. "Hot Zones" are small vertical areas in the far edges of container. Roots grow around them first, then feed on them later on down the line.

I am very happy with the system and happy to share it with :420:

I can't find my book tonite to copy some exact spike recipes.

They're different blends of meals mostly.

Ill find book soon and share some recipes with ya G.
It's cool, there are some different ones for veg, flower, long running landrace sativas

image11444.jpg

A lower branch tip on the CK
image11442.jpg

The top of the CK
image11441.jpg

Room shot (bubblegum in back is starting to grow buds
image11443.jpg

This bubblegum bud made a couple nice joints while camping out

image11444.jpg

A lower branch tip on the CK
image11442.jpg

The top of the CK
image11441.jpg

Room shot (bubblegum in back is starting to grow buds
image11443.jpg

This bubblegum bud made a couple nice joints while camping out

Nice! Did you put a dent in the trout population?

Still looking good. If you run across a little extra jingle the foil backed foam sheeting works great.It will help reflect the daytime heat and extra insulation. Worked good for me. Nice bubblegum harvest and sorry to hear your water-person failed. Next time get some IV bags and setup a slow drip system they are more reliable than people..

Nice recommendation on the IV bags, Teldren. I have one of those sun showers that I take river running. It has a leaky valve. I think I'll dig it out of the gear locker later and see how it works for a drip. The thing holds 3 gallons, I think.

Back
Top Bottom