Euphoria Unchained

It will be a miracle if I can name all these pics correctly...

Finally pulled everyone out of the tent, cleaned a bit, and tried to put the smaller plants in the back where there are less lights...

I am going to play favorites and say that I believe the hype and hope Kali Mist turns out some A+ herb. She was the most expensive seed and Serious Seeds put her on a very high pedestal. I saw an OG grower on here who did her with all organics. To roughly quote him, he said the weed is average and would cost $12 a gram at a dispensary. Harsh... Hope I have better luck than him!

Kali Mist is the most sativa looking, and even has a bit of a spicy smell already!

DSCN39275.JPG
DSCN39302.JPG
DSCN39282.JPG
DSCN39314.JPG

This is the device I made for kinda hanging the felt pot, so it can be watered and dried out... When I wise up next grow and only have 4 plants, I can put these right in the tent! but the felt pots really can't be moved after watering, they drip and deform when held by the handles...

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/DSCN39263.JPG
DSCN3925_2_.JPG

Here is Serious 6

DSCN3932_2_.JPG
DSCN39335.JPG

And Blue Cindy

IMG_110747.JPG
IMG_110841.JPG

Utopia Haze

IMG_110938.JPG
IMG_111034.JPG
IMG_111129.JPG

Arjan's Haze 3

IMG_111238.JPG
IMG_111327.JPG

And Laughing Buddha finally in a 7 gal.

IMG_111635.JPG
IMG_111740.JPG

One Big Happy

IMG_111842.JPG

Some new organics I am trying out... trying to get away from the little chemical ferts I'm using now...

IMG_111434.JPG

And lastly, an upclose of my supersoil. Whew, time for a nap...

IMG_111531.JPG

About 5 weeks in, day 36 ish...

Alternating nodes and even preflowers on a couple!

First up, Kali Mist. She has perfect form in person, pics don't do her justice...

DSCN3946_2_.JPG
DSCN3947_2_.JPG
DSCN39485.JPG
DSCN3949_2_.JPG

Then on to Arjan's Haze 3, the only pure Sativa I am running.

She seems to have more light stress / bleaching on new growth than any other plant I have.

The lights were just raised up, so I hope the light stress will go away.

Here is a snip on her from the net:

Arjan Haze #3 from Green House Seeds is a tall plant with long branches, perfect for indoor and outdoor cultivation. Arjan's Haze #3 is easiest to maintenance, shortest and bushiest than any other sativa in the Arjan's Haze family. This is a really spicy, woody, incense-like sativa. It has a really smooth uplifting high, full of energizing moments.

DSCN39452.JPG
DSCN3944_2_.JPG
DSCN3943_2_.JPG

On to Blue Cindy by G13 Labs.

Looking real nice.

Another snip from the net:

G13 Labs is thrilled to announce this new release which taking into account its features will surely become the G13 Labs’ best seller. This is an exceptional mostly sativa plant with indica growth pattern inherited from his ancestors. Due to its delightful taste, rapid growth, power and stability it will definitely-catch your eye. Grown under optimal conditions this beauty can yield a massive 550gr/m2 and 700 gr/plants outdoor. Needless to say, their “Cinderella” produces thick resinous buds, doused with appetizing trichomes. Its distinctive flavour is crisp with a hint of sweet pineapple and forest fruit back notes. You can notice the slight yet ubiquitous pine and citrus notes on the exhale. Euphoric effect goes into general state of a psychedelic high that lasts. Blue Cindy is a variety, which will give you energy, therefore it is ideal for any time of the day, as with every puff you will have more power to work or do ordinary household duties. Surely it will be a perfect option for the evening with friends with whom you can appreciate its unique taste and aroma.

DSCN3950_2_.JPG
DSCN39514.JPG
DSCN3952_2_.JPG

Serious 6 by Serious Seeds

Lookin Good, too.

Serious 6 is a F1-hybrid, almost pure Sativa plant that has been worked on outdoors in order to bring this variety to the damp climate. Strain, which is very mold-resistant and will finish early outdoors in a humid and cold climate at the end of September. Serious 6 has been obtained by mixing genetics from Canada with Sativa-landraces from Africa through a long process of selection and cross-breeding. Serious 6 grows tall and slender with full buds with very few small leaves and a particularly thick layer of cristals. Half of the plants will show beautiful pink pistils. At the end of flowering these pink colors are substituted by purple colors of the calyxes and leaves. Serious 6 gives fantastic results indoors - she will fill up and give dense long buds glistening with trichomes. The aroma of Serious 6 is very unique: citric, anise, spicy are only a few of the recognizable aromas. Her effect is a cristal clear head-high, which will get you active and creative. Once harvested, this variety packs a wallop with 17 percent THC.

Genetics: Canadian genetics x African Sativa-landraces

DSCN3955_2_.JPG
DSCN39544.JPG
DSCN3953_2_.JPG

So the other good size one is Utopia haze, which is growing short and wide, super healthy.

DSCN3957_2_.JPG
DSCN39584.JPG
DSCN3959_2_.JPG

Then Strawberry Haze (arjan's SH)

DSCN3963_2_.JPG

DSCN3965_2_.JPG

I think I got the pics right. And here is Laughing Buddha, growing just a few inches tall and wider than the pot!

DSCN3964_2_.JPG
DSCN39674.JPG

Last is a quick pic of the raised lights. Watered today with CalMag+ which is an organic calmag? Guy at the hydro shop said he prefers calimagic, which also has iron... I will have to get a little iron from another organic source...

DSCN39693.JPG

The tent is kinda hot. Trying to not use AC... by 5 pm each day, the plants really hang low, but they fine again the next day.

Guy at the hydro shop kinda wanted me to get the calimagic instead of the organic camg+

After researching at home, I feel I should have gone with the calimagic... I may pick up some next time..... Ya live and ya learn.

Something about magnesium nitrate is better than carbonate.... but since I have so many microbes in my soil, it should be fine...

I am having trouble watering / flushing on the clean water watering... How does anyone drain out their little trays? I suck up excess in a 1/2" vinyl 6 ft tube and blow it in a bucket. Not the best method, but fairly quick...the guy at hydro shop said they will get a pump that has an attachment to suck up water from 1 cm...

So some possibilities are in the works! I also picked up some silicone for my first time. Again with the hydro guy, said this stuff is great, but no LST or supercropping because the upper stems harden off and will snap / won't bend. Hope nobody grows too tall...

I hope to flip in a few days... Still on 18/6 for now... Waiting for at least 4 / 5 of the big girls to show preflowers... So they just had a flush yesterday of clean water with camg and silicone, I hope to flip and hit them hard with bloom nutes, maybe on Friday...

Flushing plants is one of the main reasons I'm attempting my current grow without bottled nutes. I hate flushing! When I first started and used soil with bottled nutes I'd lug the whole plant to the bathtub where it could drain. When I next ran Hempy I decided I was not lugging big pots with stinky plants around my house. I took a really large plastic bin, cut the top off a few inches from the bottom, drilled drain holes in the bottom center, covered that with screen material to catch stray perlite, and put 2 to 3 pots in that to grow. This was positioned over the sink in my half bath so everything drained itself. It was my lazy-woman tech. :laughtwo:

Edit: Riley May's most recent journal post reminded me that a lot of people use shop vacs to suck up the water from their trays.

Sativa Dominant Tent Day 37

Just 5 weeks and 2 days, and I am happy to report Kali Mist, Blue Cindy, and Serious 6 are all showing preflowers and alternating nodes!

Utopia looks like she will be there in a few days.

Haze 3 is looking deficient in something... might just not like being next to the fan... maybe I'll swap her with strawberry

Strawberry... what a weird plant. So green and lush, almost looks like a cactus... The stem looks flat...

Laughing Buddha: Growing super short and wide, not appropriate for the current tent, otherwise I would be super happy!

Auto Chemdog: Should be finished in a few days and out of the tent.

Everyone was watered Sunday and already I have the big girls with the preflowers light as a feather!

I think I want to switch to 12 / 12 right now. The other plants are so short, they should be fine. The 3 prize ladies have matured and grown up so fast... I'm so proud!

So right now the lights are on from 6am - midnight. I want to do a big flip and go 7pm to 7am light on. So I want to turn the lights off right now and not turn them back on until 7pm tomorrow. 24 hours darkness. Should help chemdog finish off, too.

I will not water until tomorrow @ 7 with bloom nutes to send home the message that its time to get reproductive!

Does anyone have experience going from day lights to night lights @ flip? I think the 24 hours dark will make the transition fine, but wanted to double check...

So I will start my tea now. 12 hours bubbled, 12 hours with the soil, molasses, and organics... should make some funkalicious!

DSCN39713.JPG
DSCN39701.JPG

Ocean of Green!

Its hard for me to adjust to the lights on at night, off at day schedule. I'm use to checking them out in the morning and seeing growth before I go to bed. Now its the opposite...

Kali Mist, stretching hard... Everyone is looking good. Watered everyone yesterday with tea.

I am still concerned I am not watering enough, but just making the tea is enough work... and watering the 7 plants... I can feel it in the lower back. Sucking up runoff with a tube didn't make the cut this grow.

IMG_114635.JPG
IMG_114531.JPG

A little preflower or two on Utopia Haze and Laughing Buddha.

Arjan's Haze #3 is still holding back, as is Strawberry, but she is a week younger.

While a few of these plants are baffling me that they are remaining so short, Strawberry definitely seems like a defected pheno...

Kali Mist also seems to have stopped stretching.

I guess when the plants are so packed in there, they feel each other and restrain their growth???

In that case, this may be a great strategy for me in the future! We'll see.

IMG_115935.JPG
IMG_116035.JPG
IMG_116137.JPG

The one and only trim for this grow.

Arjan's Haze 3 has a very skinny stem compared to everyone else, including Strawberry!

Well, Laughing Buddha is skinny, too, but that's understandable.

For my first time I took off the lowest 3 sets of branches from half the plants.

They were growing almost straight sideways and short.

Lookin like a forest! Several plants are dry. I'll let them get bone dry and water them tomorrow.

The canopy is looking great! Especially for Serious 6 and Kali Mist. Just Kali is a little tall...

IMG_116337.JPG
IMG_116241.JPG
IMG_116434.JPG
IMG_116634.JPG
IMG_116738.JPG

Today is certainly day 1 of flower for Serious 6, possibly for a couple others.

More definite pistils on Utopia, I even think I saw a couple on strawberry and Laughing Buddha.

Arjan's Haze 3 still being a bitch... or not a bitch?

Many are showing what may be their beginning buds. I can never tell if its just a bunch of leaves or what...

Laughing Buddha even getting some height! Strawberry will need a pedestal.

Kali Mist has stretched another 2 inches or so. All are very manageable heights! :)

So I picked up some goodies! Roots OregonismXL!! MAde some serious tea with that, budswell liquid, big bloom, and I even picked up another CalMag called MagiCal. It has different sources of Mag and Cal, and Iron! And just enough Tiger Bloom to lower the ph, and some molasses.

So mostly organic. That was yesterday. Everyone looks perfectly happy today!

I took these just before the lights came on.

IMG_116932.JPG
IMG_117028.JPG
IMG_117130.JPG

Back
Top Bottom