Euphoria Unchained

Light Bleaching?

I think the 5 days in a dim window sill weakened the leaves, and then to go in the tent that is almost maxed out, and with lowered lights...

Too much all at once.

So the lower leaves are turning white, or at least a lot less green, on most plants.

I don't know if the pics will show it.

DSCN38853.JPG
DSCN38873.JPG
DSCN38883.JPG
DSCN38892.JPG
DSCN38901.JPG
DSCN38862.JPG

My lights all have 3 watt LEDs, but they are all high output, high intensity, penetrating, ect.... They use almost the entire 3 watts.

I had a grow last season in which the Lemon Amnesia Haze had some purple crispy leaves and white cream tops. I though I was lucky to get color and hash tops, but now I am reading that was a form of light bleaching??? Always learning....

This is my first grow with LED lights, but in the past when I experienced light bleaching under an HPS it only affected the top of the plant closest to the light. I don't know if LED would cause the lowest leaves to bleach first, but if your bottom leaves are lightening it could mean you need more nitrogen. Can you get a picture with the LED lights off?

Yeah, must have been the days in poor lighting.

New growth under the new lights are fine. Old growth use to less light can't take it.

So I raised up some lights. A pain because I used plastic cable ties. Had to cut them all off and redo them.

The only plant that is showing real bleaching is Arjan's Haze #3. Not sure what the problem it there... Even in the back of the tent, the leaves are still speckled...

DSCN39014.JPG
DSCN39023.JPG

Serious 6

DSCN38961.JPG
DSCN38974.JPG

Blue Cindy

DSCN38985.JPG
DSCN38992.JPG

Arjan's Strawberry Haze. This plant is really looking like a strawberry bush...

DSCN39004.JPG

Overall I am a little sad. All these plants are supposed to be 75% sativa plus, but all the leaves are fairly wide...

Well looking back only a week ago they looked pretty good. You've been feeding them according to the schedule provided for your nute brand I assume. Maybe it was just the lights. How far away from the plants are the lights now? If all the new growth looks good from here on, you should be okay. Hopefully someone with more LED experience can offer advice though. I wonder if it would help to give them a little extra feed next time? I don't know, I'm just thinking aloud.

The strawberry plant is a cutey. Something about it makes me want to pinch it's cheeky leaves.

I wouldn't worry too much about the leaves being wide. They're hybrids and will likely still have a good sativa effect.

:hug:

The vermifire soil is a supersoil, organic and had fungus, and should feed itself. In the past I have not added nutes for 6 weeks (just bloom nutes). This go round I put in rice hulls, hydro tons, and peralite to add more oxygen the the roots. I want a soil grow with hydroponic benefits. So I have added mild veg nutes. Soil is great because the nutes sit in the soil, and the plant takes what it wants when it wants. Very little to worry about.

I did notice the C leaves (the seed leaves that are not serrated) die quickly when in the window sill. I did not have electric for several days. So the plants needed to suck up that power to stay alive... I'm sure that experience messed them up good. 8 hours of weak sunlight a day for almost a week....

Lights were lowered to 16 - 20", now at 22 - 26". I didn't want to let up too much. Gotta put these girls to work!

Everyone's new growth is looking really dark green. Def just the old growth that was having problems.

Hope to uppot strawberry and Buddha soon. No water needed yet for the big 7 gals. Hope the roots are spreading out! Held off on topping due to slow new growth. Also concerned about the "bushy effect" from topping. The tent may be easier to maintain by just supercropping the main cola on each plant...

I see on Green House Seeds website the recommend only vegging for 3 - 4 weeks... Maybe they mean from clone? I had trouble with a previous grow. I tried to flip to 12/12 after 21 days. The plants stretched like crazy until day 40... for 19 days... before flowers were present, so it actually made the plants taller.

One Big Happy Family:

DSCN39033.JPG

I see on Green House Seeds website the recommend only vegging for 3 - 4 weeks... Maybe they mean from clone? I had trouble with a previous grow. I tried to flip to 12/12 after 21 days. The plants stretched like crazy until day 40... for 19 days... before flowers were present, so it actually made the plants taller.

No they likely mean from seed for just the reason you described. Plants can stretch a lot in flower. The longer you veg a plant the bigger it's gonna be. Most indoor growers don't have more than a few feet of space to work with. If the breeders recommended a longer veg time many new growers would be quite surprised and upset by the tree growing in their space. :)

This grow had its first sprouts on 9/24, so the eldest plants are 25 days old, or 2.5 weeks old.

Uppotted Strawberry to a 7 gal felt pot like the others. Unfortunately, I only had 1 - 7 gal sac, so Buddha ended up in what I thought was a 5 but turned out to be a 3 gal sac. Maybe I can pick up 1 last 7 this weekend, but from the looks of it, it won't fit in the tent! Bottom trays take up too much room.

I tried to make a new invention. It looks like a scrog, but it has more fishing line and sits on 4" legs, so when I water the felt pot, the water can drip down to the tray below it. I wove the fishing line like a tennis racket. It worked, but it adds even a couple more inches to each base. It will work if I just grow 4 plants in the future...

Last night:

DSCN39064.JPG

Now:

IMG_107435.JPG

I finally have all my lights up, but now when I add them up they are less than 900 draw watts. Still, not bad.

IMG_109038.JPG
IMG_108940.JPG

The leaves that were starting to show light bleaching are starting to die on all plants. Guess I won't have to trim the lower 1/3 :)

I still have not topped. Maybe in a couple days....

@ Fuzzy

My logic says that seeds need time to become mature enough to flower. If I switch to 12/12 before the plant can possibly be that mature, the plant will be receiving drastically less light (50% less) and will therefore stretch 50% more than it would have otherwise. I will not flip until I see preflowers.

But yes, I should listen to the breeder. Anybody have Arjan's cell number?

@ Fuzzy

My logic says that seeds need time to become mature enough to flower. If I switch to 12/12 before the plant can possibly be that mature, the plant will be receiving drastically less light (50% less) and will therefore stretch 50% more than it would have otherwise. I will not flip until I see preflowers.

But yes, I should listen to the breeder. Anybody have Arjan's cell number?

Some of those plants had some awesome overnight growth! :high-five:

I agree, a more mature plant would have better results in flowering, and if someone has the space it's a good idea. Without a lot of training though some people just don't have the space. Like most things, both ways have their advantages and disadvantages. I've had grow spaces where I had to keep them shorter with a less-than-ideal veg time. I've also had spaces where I could let them bush out. Personally, *breaks out into a rap song* I like big buds and I can not lie. You other growers can't deny. When a plant grows up with some big-ass buds and that dank smell in your face, it gets vaped... :rofl:

*Hangs head in shame for that* I don't know what's wrong with me tonight. :bigblush:

Now while high imagine an almost 40-year-old white woman rapping that out for you. You're welcome. :rofl:

That's awesome! Just made my night! We could make that a journal in its self. "Make your own cannabis remix journal." :rofl:

Yo, I'm so old I can be your mom. So grab the bongs and blow some clouds. Black Jack, Blue Dream colors of the world, gee it's Green Crack, Yellow Cheese, what's that smelly breeze? Your best OGs? Time for a Haze, level two- second phase, get some too! I got some white hair but I don't care! What's that? Fashion? Shitty hat's not my passion! Get into my car, take this muffin, I drive far, to young for a coffin! Life is mine to have some fun, I'm nice ma'am no hit and run, well yeah, I'll hit this one!
Damn this middle aged rap scene!

Yo, I'm so old I can be your mom. So grab the bongs and blow some clouds. Black Jack, Blue Dream colors of the world, gee it's Green Crack Yellow Cheese, what's that smelly breeze your best OGs? Time for a Haze, level two- second phase, get some too! I got some white hair but I don't care! What's that? Fashion? Shitty hat's not my passion! Get into my car, take this muffin, I drive far, to young for a coffin! Life is mine to have some fun, I'm nice ma'am no hit and run, well yeah, I'll hit this one!
Damn this middle aged rap scene!

:rofl: That's like advanced level rap. Homey I'm just a noob. :passitleft:

Ok, no more hijacking the thread. I promise!

Did I say 25 days = 2.5 weeks? Man, my math is off lately....

So today is day 28, or a full 4 weeks, for Serious 6. Day 27 for most others.

5 of the 7 were topped yesterday. Strawberry and Buddha will just have to do their best...

I hope to document little to no height growth for the next 5 days due to the topping. Should have done this yesterday... Too busy.

Lets see if I can do this correct: From shortest to tallest:

Strawberry Haze
Laughing Buddha
Arjan Haze 3
Utopia Haze
Blue Cindy
Serious 6
Kali Mist

sb8.JPG
31948.JPG
Lb9.JPG
ut1.JPG