Serious Seeds Serious 6

Thanks for all the love guys, it feels nice :)

Definitely was a fast grow closeto, which is awesome. I have a couple more of these feminized beans which I'll also document for them in due time.

No way I don't want to wash my buds, skybound. They were in a controlled environment this time around. After having to wash my other plant because of rot where the flower meets stalk, I don't want to wash anymore bud lol.I haven't cracked the buds yet but I don't think there's gonna be any mold this round because I cleaned the room, moved the lights further from the flowers, and used a fan (thanks guys!) Also if I look closely at them I don't notice any white cobweb substance creeping out from the inside anywhere.

They are upstairs with me and the weather is forgiving today. Humidity stayed around 60% which is nice. 1 day of drying. any weight estimates? at least 22 grams together im hoping.

IMG_20131102_181723134.jpg
IMG_20131102_181730604.jpg

If you got a little time, I strongly suggest checking that thread out, lot's of great information and subscribers with great results, and it's still pretty short.

Out of curiosity why do you leave the buds on the stems(the topped plant)? I cut mine off as they extend dry/cure time other than really nice colas. I guess my real question is do you think it helps potency or flavor or just convenience? Great grow love the solid cola/plant.

skybound, I'll read through that article now.

kieftreefarms, I usually cut the flowers from the stalks and lay them out to dry, but this is much more convenient!

thanks for the love kingjohnc and mono!

i wanna smoke this stuff already :lot-o-toke:

the smell is still that intricate sweet scent, almost like chemdawg, but simons says it is NOT a chemdawg cross.

skybound, I'll read through that article now.

kieftreefarms, I usually cut the flowers from the stalks and lay them out to dry, but this is much more convenient!

thanks for the love kingjohnc and mono!

i wanna smoke this stuff already :lot-o-toke:

the smell is still that intricate sweet scent, almost like chemdawg, but simons says it is NOT a chemdawg cross.

Are you going to do a smoke report on those beautiful buds of yours my friend?

Are you going to do a smoke report on those beautiful buds of yours my friend?

of course. how many days do you think I should let it dry till I smoke some?

day 2 of drying. weather was good today, it was cold but not humid. this stuff is looking DANK

IMG_20131103_210313592.jpg
IMG_20131103_210322319.jpg

You can smoke a sample as soon as the stems snap & not bend (before curing). I'm giving my harvest 1 more month of curing & I'll be having another smoke report.
EDIT...I believe LAVERNE dried out in about a week.

So much changes in a good cure. We've junked something because it had a bad taste and found a fully cured piece later that was unbelievable like it was over powering when Uncured.

my opinion is if you wait till the stem snaps itll be too dry itll get there during curing
when you dry the ouside dries alot faster than the inside its why you jar it for curing
it allows the moisture inside to work its way back out and if you let it dry too much you wont have enough moisture inside to
soften up the outside leaving it crispy and crumbly
but once in a jar its still not over if you put it in on the dry side it usually isn't too much of a problem and you can add things to help moisten it if it too wet you gotta keep an eye on it and make sure you let it breathe taking it out of the jar for a couple minutes helps
put it back in and check later
you can get to a point where you know how long itll take to dry and when to stick it in jars
everywhere is different because of temp/humidity differences
once you figure it out itll all be close to the same timing and youll also be able to tell when you check if it is time to jar

If my humidity is really low when drying it dries faster and I do as hemp hog said taking the lids off daily for ten min or so till stems snaps. That to me is just part of drying though as I think of the time in a jar opened once every few weeks for a simple burping as cure time. My humidity is usually about 50% and dries more slowly and evenly than it used to. I agree you don't want over dry or dried too fast.

I'm going to put these buds into a plastic or paper bag in order to have a mild but constant exchange of air. in the past when I used jars the buds would stick to one another, and I would have to empty the jars anyway. I figure the bag is less work, and allows for a "constant" cure

I may try and smoke some tomorrow lol

IMG_20131103_211222427.jpg

some smoke for when I get home tonight! I hope it's dry enough to grind up

IMG_20131104_134334550.jpg

my opinion is if you wait till the stem snaps itll be too dry itll get there during curing
when you dry the ouside dries alot faster than the inside its why you jar it for curing
it allows the moisture inside to work its way back out and if you let it dry too much you wont have enough moisture inside to
soften up the outside leaving it crispy and crumbly
but once in a jar its still not over if you put it in on the dry side it usually isn't too much of a problem and you can add things to help moisten it if it too wet you gotta keep an eye on it and make sure you let it breathe taking it out of the jar for a couple minutes helps
put it back in and check later
you can get to a point where you know how long itll take to dry and when to stick it in jars
everywhere is different because of temp/humidity differences
once you figure it out itll all be close to the same timing and youll also be able to tell when you check if it is time to jar
You may be correct Cronic. I shouldn't give any advice until I do a second smoke report after the cure. But it definitely smoked well after the snap. I'll refrain from giving any advice on things I haven't personally seen the results from yet because I would hate myself if I gave anyone info the turned out to be a bad move.

I apologize B...

so I just smoked some wet bud. still needs a day or two more of drying, then im gonna put the flowers in their final homes (bag or tupperware, I have yet to decide)

the jars really bum me out because at first they make the flowers stick together

I've come to the conclusion that when it can grind in the grinder properly its ready. tonight it kinda ripped apart like live plant material instead of grinding properly. I smoked it anyway. it was a rough session LOL

so I just smoked some wet bud. still needs a day or two more of drying, then im gonna put the flowers in their final homes (bag or tupperware, I have yet to decide)

the jars really bum me out because at first they make the flowers stick together

I've come to the conclusion that when it can grind in the grinder properly its ready. tonight it kinda ripped apart like live plant material instead of grinding properly. I smoked it anyway. it was a rough session LOL

Weed is smokeable to me when it goes through a grinder well :)

smoked more wet bud lol.. that's like a .5 total so far

I took the rest of the flowers off the stalks cause need them to dry. the flowers were moist where they rested against the stalks. im glad I cut them off. I may just do that asap next time like usual.

the smell is great. both are very sweet, but the topped one also has a cheesy smelly to it as of right now :)

ill weigh it when its fully dry. any estimates?

I don't really need big pots like these. not root bound, right?
IMG_20131105_241440878.jpg
IMG_20131105_241445922.jpg
IMG_20131105_234340470.jpg
IMG_20131105_235836597.jpg
IMG_20131106_240402626.jpg

Back
Top Bottom