Euphoria Unchained

I'm finally settling into not being able to resolve the issue. I am finding a lot of peace in that.

My mission was to taste several sativa dominant strains, all in 1 grow.

While these buds look like one grammers, even from some colas, there are plenty of smelly, sticky trichs on em.

I'm sure I'll get the same effects as if they had grown without any problems and in more space. Just might end up with half a pound instead of the 1.5 I was hoping for.

Looking to harvest from Jan 15 - Feb 15.

IMG_129425.JPG
IMG_129530.JPG
IMG_129623.JPG
IMG_129735.JPG
IMG_129824.JPG
IMG_129935.JPG
IMG_130029.JPG
IMG_129337.JPG

Here is a newer leaf with the problem. These look more like a deficiency. Previously if was browning to the tip to sides to inside. Now this is starting in the center... From minor to goner.

IMG_130235.JPG
IMG_130332.JPG

Oh man I wish could help. Try to ask more around here on forums. And maybe even in other forums on the Internet. Good luck! :love: :Namaste:

It's a natural deficiency. Some strains will tax their reserves in their fan leaves for sustenance as it is easy energy to use and costs energy to keep stored. This is why it looks deficient. Purple suggests either strain or chemical response to cold. The purple chemical is plant antifreeze a response to cold conditions.

I wish it was cold, and I know what your talking about, but where I live, my house has not been below 74 this year. The grow tent itself is probably 76 at night (day) and 78 - 80 in the day (night) when the lights are on.

All my past grows have had at least some purple, so I believe I am not addressing some need of my plants. IT was brought up before that it may be magnesium, so this grow I used magnesium, but now I am seeing the purple more.

But yes, it does look like the plant is pulling some stored nutrients from the fans to use with bud development. I tried plain water, and it continued, I tried heavy P nutes, and it continued. I tried more compost tea and organic nutes, and it continued, flushing, continued...

Now that they have been on plain water for a week, the leaves look different. They are changing differently, so maybe now it is nutrient deficiency but before was nute lockout.

So I will try to hit they with some nutes over the next week. I can try organic with some and chem with others, just for fun!

No matter what, I think these girls will make it to the end with some decent buds, so no worries!

Thanks everyone!

@ Tomula, I'm drinking a lettuce, spinach, and cucumber smoothie right now. With some nuts and seeds. Its weird because your trying to drink it, but you have to chew it... But its raw, organic, and mostly grown right here!

Great news! I like the idea of the green drink, I love tasteful smoothie from home garden veggies! I would add an apple in it to make it lil more tasty for me, ha ha. Nice! You are gonna be good! :love: :thumb: :Namaste:

I see October 30 as a date I saw some preflowers on the early bloomers! So that puts Serious 6 @ 8 weeks. She claims 8 - 9. But does flower start with the preflowers, or with actual flowers present? I held off until Nov 13 to start flower, as actual flowers were present, so in that case we only have 6 weeks down. So January 14 at the latest, maybe January 7 as an early date.

Browning has continued / spread like wildfire, but only on the water leaves (a little on some sugar leaves, too). I am not sure if that is forcing some flowers to speed up their production?

I will take off 30 min from flower time, bringing it down to 11.5 on 12.5 off starting today. I don't plan to alter it again.

Here is the best I can do with pics.

Serious 6

Serious Seeds says 8 - 9 weeks. Hope to harvest her Jan 7. My early girl! By far the most bud sites! Smaller, but well packed bud sites!
Scent is smarties with flowers.

S611.JPG
S621.JPG

Blue Cindy

G13 labs says 9 weeks. Looks good, but the browning is progressing, too. Jan 14 hopefully for this one.
Scent is floral, smarties, and green...

BluCin.JPG

Arjan's Haze 3

Skinny stems with smaller buds, flops over, but I won't judge yet!
Scent is a gentle haze smell. Not sure how else to describe it.

Said to take 10 - 11 weeks.

Arjan3.JPG

Arjan's Strawberry Haze

What can I say? I guess the pic tells something... She did get started a week later. Just goes to show everyone what an extra week on 18/6 can do for a plant! Still not the trich production of any other plant, even going back a week ago. Still has a very veg / green smell, stayed very short.
Scent is a strawberry. Maybe it is autosuggestive? Just smells like a strawberry, including the stem of the strawberry.

Said to take 10 - 11.5 weeks.

Straw16.JPG

Laughing Buddha

Remember her as that little spec of green on a stem? Well, now she has the thickest cola in the tent! But in all fairness I never topped her, so that makes sense.

By Barneys, said to take 11 - 13 weeks, but appears to be well progressed... possibly the seedling damage rushed her?
Scent is chocolate earth mild. Nice.

LB12.JPG

Utopia Haze

Utopia and Kali have mostly white hairs still, and Utopia is thicker, so they are easy to ID.
Utopia by Barneys is said to take 10 - 11 weeks.
Scent is smarties, a little milder than the other sweet ones.

Utopia1.JPG

Kali Mist

Kali by Serious Seeds is said to take 10 - 12 weeks. She it the tallest, slenderest, and should be very sativa.
Scent is haze and sweet. Very nice.

Kali5.JPG

Extras that I didn't put forth enough effort to ID, but at least I got 1 of each!

IMG_132335.JPG
IMG_132636.JPG
IMG_131738.JPG

Just another day here...

Found one answer! The purple leaves on Serious 6. Breeder says this plant may get purple leaves near the end of flowering!!!

Other problems are abound, but at least that one can be put to rest.

Like their pics of Serious 6 show a massive cola... camera tricks? Or just not topped I suppose.

Browning still pandemic. I am mostly concerned with browning of the sugar leaves and browning in the bud area.

I am seeing that with Utopia Haze, and she still needs a lot of time in the oven...

I may harvest samples of several strains this week, to compare later. I always get so sleepy. I'm curious if I will feel a difference with these early buds.

I've been watering with organics one watering and plain water the next, not PHing anything. Well, these will certainly be chem free!

DSCN40162.JPG
DSCN40173.JPG
DSCN40184.JPG
DSCN40194.JPG

Happy New Year amigo. Keep up the good work.

Peace, Hyena

Ode to Serious 6

The sample I took a week ago reminded me very much of the weed I smoked as a kid. Not the best, but gets me high, not sleepy, high! So I guess all the weed I use to smoke was sativa dominant?

Anyway, tomorrow will make a complete 8 weeks with flowers, 9 full weeks since flip. Her recommendation was 8 - 9 weeks, and she was destined to be the first to finish!

The bud I samples came in at less than a gram. Dang. But some other buds appear a little bigger. Hope the extra week pays off.

She looks big and full with lots of bud sites! Just smaller buds. She was topped once and those 2 tops are slightly taller than the others. Great form to this plant.

IMG_135532.JPG
IMG_135732.JPG
IMG_135934.JPG
IMG_136039.JPG
IMG_136134.JPG
IMG_136439.JPG
IMG_136532.JPG
IMG_136731.JPG
IMG_136334.JPG
IMG_136234.JPG

Before and after the haircut. Now she is on the dark for 24. Not sure if that really helps, but the pot still has a little moisture anyways.

The pot white outer coating has turned brown... I may slice open the dirt to inspect the root ball, still looking for clues as to what went wrong.

Some report here in a few weeks!

So this marks the beginning of the end! All should be harvested in 3, possibly 4 weeks.

Blue Cindy is up next. She is getting plain water today and will be pulled once she is dry (4 days).

Some of the other plants are thickening up a bit!

Still 6 in the oven, 1 out.

Serious6 is taking a long time to dry, which is good.

I smoked the sample of Blue Cindy. Now I smoked S6 and felt like my old style, and now BlueCindy is like giving me flashbacks from my youth. This is exactly what I expect herb to be!

All that being said, I am only smoking a small bong load a night, relaxing and high without wanting to sleep. Now was that so hard?

I have high hopes for the rest of the tent!

Here's the gang

IMG_136837.JPG
IMG_136935.JPG

This is Blue Cindy. Filled in better than S6, but only a few strong colas. She had her final watering and should be chopped on Saturday....

IMG_137743.JPG

Strawberry is still a runt.... She was suppose to take like 11 weeks, but here at 8 ish, she looks cooked and developmentally delayed...

IMG_137933.JPG

Laughing Buddha is still looking great! She will be ready in 10 days.

IMG_137541.JPG

Here they are together

IMG_137440.JPG

Here is Utopia Haze, which ended up having the thickest colas, even wider than laughing Buddha or Blue Cindy! Of course, I am looking for quality over quantity in the end.

IMG_137041.JPG

Not the prettiest bud....

Here is Arjan's Haze 3. Should be ready in 10, but 17 according to the breeder...

IMG_137641.JPG

So Utopia has a ways to go and so does Kali Mist. She has the longest total expected time, but she may close in fast.... She started to thicken up a little a few days ago after I watered with a little chem nute, so I watered again today with less than 1/4 strength, last time 1/2 strength.

IMG_137328.JPG

Serious 6 came in at 1 ounce and 12 grams, so almost an ounce and a half.

I just trimmed off some sugar, didn't bother to keep it. I'm getting lazy.

Buds were tiny and a little airy. Smells like swag. I need to read up on my drying and curing.

I water the plant / soak it. Let it sit for 6 days, cut it just before lights on, hang it upside down for 4 days, and then do a jar with burping and a Bovida 62 for a couple weeks.

All my other weed has the real high pitched, astringent smell to it. This smells like Mexican swag.

But at least it doesn't make me fall asleep or make me hungry! And the smoke was fairly smooth.

Some average herb.

Here is a shot of 28 grams on I guess an 11" plate.

DSCN4020_2_.JPG

I will chop Blue Cindy tomorrow, and it looks like Laughing Buddha, Arjan's Haze #3, and Strawberry in 10 days, Kali and Utopia in 17.

I'm wondering if my 7 gal pots were too big. When I look at the roots, they are tiny and spread out. I wonder if a pot can be too big???

I think I mistyped last time. Blue Cindy was just harvested and Laughing Buddha is still in the tent.

Here is Blue Cindy @ 28 grams (1 oz) I may have had an eighth of trim and lower buds, but I put those separate to cook up later.

So an exact ounce. She looks denser and has a beautiful aroma! Just hope she keeps it! Sweet with an Indian spice tang. Very nice!

Today is about day 70 for most plants. Maybe 68 - 72.

Arjans Haze #3 will be harvested in 2 days. Just drying out from the final watering.

DSCN4028_2_.JPG

Laughing Buddha, same.

DSCN40264.JPG

Arjans Strawberry Haze, same.

DSCN4027_2_.JPG

Kali Mist got her final watering yesterday. She should be ready to harvest in 6 days.

DSCN4030_2_.JPG

Utopia Haze looks like she is still bulking. I will water her one more time. Should be harvested in 12 days, and be the final count.

DSCN4029_2_.JPG

Looking like 1 - 2 ounces for most plants. So looking at 10 ounces overall... kinda embarrassed, but I will get to try out 7 different sativa dominant strains! Sweet!

Back
Top Bottom