Euphoria Unchained

Does anyone know if this is mold? Or something I need to get rid of?

Guess I went too organic!

IMG_117732.JPG
IMG_117637.JPG

The plants are looking great! Yes this looks like mold to me, I guess it is only on the container, you can spray it with vinegar or tea tree oil solution. Make sure you do not overwater and add fan to blow under your girls. Good luck with that, hopefully you can get rid of it. Hope this helps. :love: :Namaste:

Tomula, your my only life line out there...

I am definitely not overwatering anything... probably underwatering... for Kali Mist anyways. she is only growing the white in the side of the pot not facing a fan. Some pots are getting watered before they are fully dry, but I have never had negative consequence from that in the past...

I am concerned the vinegar will seep into the pots and bother the roots, but I'll try it anyways.

I am concerned the fans will blow mold spores all over the flowers, although I understand that will prevent it from happening again.

Of course, room is a high commodity in a grow tent :)

Not sure where I can squeeze in the fans...

I feel like I need 1 more light for Buddha and Strawberry in the back. They are mostly getting reflected light... I think I'll just use the CFLs. I don't want to tend to this many plants again...
IMG_118036.JPG
IMG_117935.JPG
IMG_117830.JPG
IMG_118131.JPG

I found this comment online:

Did you add beneficial bacteria, such as Oregonism XL

or the like? Sometimes if you add too much of this you get a growth that looks similar to your pictures, however this is actually beneficial for the plant. If not, then you are probably over-watering since the white is towards the bottom of the pot. Either way your plants looks healthy.

How did these plants turn out?

From Grass City....

They mentioned vinegar and HP, but, as usual, the person asking all the questions never said what happened with their plants...

Other people said washing was no good because it will grow right back, and some believe it will not transfer to the plant..

Thanks, Fuzzy. You got my back, too :)

Flower Day 7 ish

Day 56 overall

White on the pots is officially being left alone. Never did anything with adding fans or lights, never scrubbed with vinegar...

I trimmed an additional 25% off the bottoms of the plants, so they are now 50% naked.

I have never been so aggressive with trimming, but light is not getting to the lower canopy, so I hope nixing the lower growth will propel the top half!

IMG_120236.JPG
IMG_120035.JPG
IMG_119934.JPG
IMG_119838.JPG
IMG_120135.JPG

Here is Strawberry, still the shorty. Only about 5 bud sites on her, but looks super healthy!

IMG_119138.JPG

Next up is Laughing Buddha, who finally stretched up to about the same height as the general population with her single cola! She is looking for light :(

IMG_119228.JPG

IMG_120135.JPG

Here is Serious 6, beautiful formation, tons of bud sites, the most mature bud sites. Hope she smokes as well as she grows.

IMG_119336.JPG

Here is Utopia. She was the first pic in todays post. I trimmed off a bunch of lower growth. She is now the 3rd tallest!

IMG_119437.JPG

Here is Arjan's Haze 3. She is feeling light, but Ill let her get real dry and water tomorrow. Nice growth, but skinny.

IMG_119536.JPG

This is Blue Cindy, looking good. I had to take off a lot of smaller bud growth from her. I wonder what a lot of these plants would look like if they had room and light to really fill out...

IMG_119637.JPG

Last, and certainly not least, Kali Mist (angels singing) If she smokes right, I will do 3 of her in the tent on my next grow... but her height is a problem with lighting for the rest of the canopy now being higher than ideal.

IMG_119736.JPG

Some pics before the lights came on. Lookin good an healthy. I watered most plants yesterday, but I am probably only watering each plant with 1.25 gal... Its hard preparing all the bubbled water...

IMG_120434.JPG
IMG_120341.JPG
IMG_120537.JPG
IMG_120742.JPG
IMG_120844.JPG
IMG_120936.JPG

The last 3 pics are from the back side of the tent. Strawberry is the shorty, Laughing Buddha behind her, and Serious 6 is the girl with all the white flowers. She is supposed to finish off the fastest. She certainly is living up to her reputation.

The super tall plant is Kali Mist, who really isn't too tall, just compared to the others. Should of supercropped her...

I watered today with plain water, phd. about a gallon of runoff from Kali Mist and another from Serious 6. About a half from Utopia, as she is not getting the browning leaf tips, which are worse today.

Kali and Serious sucked up their water more, so I watered them with nutes more frequently.

The runoff was like 8.0 ph...

Guess I'll start watering with 5.5 ph from now on... Maybe stick with plain water for a couple weeks.

It's hard to ph plain water... a few drops of ph down and its at 5.0. Add some up, and its over 7...

Guess I've been overnuting?

The ph of my tapwater is 8.0, but I bring it down with nutes to 6.5. I'm wondering if that somehow wore off?

Tube and spit method. I feel like less of a man... Luckily I only got 1 mouthful... :(

Thanks Fuzz, for helping me begin to overcome a problem I have had with every grow. Now hopefully no more!

5.5 is too low for a soil grow. Aim for closer to 6.5. Other than that leaf tip browning, I see no signs of too many nutes. I see too little. Too little magnesium will start with the leaf color fading between the veins but as it progresses it can brown the edges and tips of the leaves as well.

I just looked up the soil mix you are using and it includes coco coir. Using a similar mix right now I can tell you some of my plants (Dark Devil Autos especially) are requiring significantly higher amounts of magnesium. More than I have ever used before. The coir will tend to lock out calcium, magnesium, and iron. Increase your CalMag amounts when watering. Maybe even add some Epsom salt to kick start the recovery process.

What is the tube and spit method? LOL

I have used the Vermifire for every grow. This time I have less of it because I added pearlite, brown rice hulls, and hydrotons to try to allow it to drain more quickly and just to add some variety. I have always had these brown tips and some progressive browning on mid to upper leaves.

The mag makes since, as I had never used it before, but this time I have been using it at full strength, in tea, from organic and non organic sources, so if that is what it needed, I would think it would have gotten it by now...

I have CaMg+ which has carbonates, and MagiCal, which used nitrates and chlorides.

But I'll take your word for it and try the Epsom and some more of both the other CalMags.

The PH of the runoff was 8.0. The ph of the water I put in is 6.5. So I was thinking if I water the plants with 5.5, that will bring down the ph of the runoff / water in the soil. Something is either raising the ph in the soil or something is removing the additives that brought down the ph, as the tap water was 8.0 before nutes or ph down.

I would spring on a RO machine, but this old man is getting tired...

The tube n spit is just me and 8 feet of 1/2" vinyl tubing, sucking up the red/brown water till its almost in my mouth, quickly shoving a finger in the end, and blowing it all in a side bucket, like 10 x per plant, pretty exhausting, but cheap and effective...

On a side note, I got a mouth sore from the tincture and more gunk in my lungs from smoking. Think I'll stick to eating it. I have gone fully plant based with my diet / gave up the eggs and cheese.

Thanks for the advice Fuzz. I'll take some pics in a few days and hope to see improvement.

I've been told by a few people to not concern myself with the runoff pH so I can't help with that. I just focus on the value going in.

Are you lining the bottom of your pots with the hydroton? I remember someone else did this recently and had problems, but for the life of me I can't remember who or what specific issue it caused...

Again, I'm not really sure why you're not seeing a difference with the CalMag, but if you have no signs of calcium deficiency I'd use the recommended amount of CalMag and add a teaspoon of Epsom salt per gallon of water. If it is a magnesium issue you should see the leaves begin regaining their color in as little as a day or two. From there you can probably reduce the Epsom salt amount to a 1/4 tsp, as needed. If you see no improvement after 2 days, then we're definitely barking up the wrong tree. In which case, I apologize profusely in advance.

Ahh tube and spit. I've done that before with aquariums. I agree, it's so gross. :laughtwo: I recently got a cheap hand pump for siphoning liquids that works great. It was only like $6. The last little bit of liquid it can't suck up I just squeeze up with an turkey baster. Oxo makes an angled one that is the best I've ever used. It doesn't spit liquid all over the place like the others I've tried.

Good luck with the new diet and I hope you feel better soon! :hug: Alcohol-based tinctures can be rough and taste bleh. Oil concentrates and vaping are my favorite ingestion methods.

The browning tips of leaves is continuing. I noticed a little progression yesterday and a little more today. While I was only able to give a small amount of water to serious 6 and kali mist (2 liters) It had enough Epsom and calmag that it should have stopped the progression. Guess I will hit it with even more Epsom tonight...

I keep getting to the tent after the lights come on... the last 2 are of serious 6, there the browning is all the way up to the upper fan leaves...
Kali Mist is now just 2" from the light!?!? Guess I will have to chop her tip as she is continuing to stretch to this day.

All plants now have at least some sugar, except strawberry who is still too young...

You don't have to cut the top of the plant off. Just supercrop it. Gently pinch and crush the stem below the buds so it is pliable and then bend the stem over sideways. The buds will keep growing.

Can you get a picture of the problem leaves without the LEDs on? Since you're using bottled nutes, when was the last time you flushed the plant? Not just a plain watering, but an actual flush running multiple gallons of plain pHed water through the soil mix?

Here are some closeups. I think the flash makes them look whiter than they are, though.

I'm concerned because it is all the way up to the top leaves...

See the super purple leaf stems?

Could be phosphorous. I was reading that if I water with low ph, that may help...

I had flushed like 3 days ago, and have been trying to add the Epsom ever since, but the plants were so drenched, they couldn't take more that a liter before spilling out...

I was told at the local hydro that the silica I am using will not allow supercropping, it will cause the stem to snap when attempted. Its okay, I will just move the light up 4"

IMG_122737.JPG
IMG_122836.JPG
IMG_122930.JPG
IMG_1230_2_.JPG
IMG_123443.JPG
IMG_123139.JPG
IMG_123243.JPG
IMG_123338.JPG

So this problem is only happening on a couple branches? It seems like most of the rest of the plant is okay. Is that accurate or just a trick of the camera?

I've had plants before with purple stems that showed no other signs of deficiency. It can sometimes be genetic. The other times I see it are when a magnesium deficiency is developing, but you've been addressing that.

Are you seeing NEW leaves turn brown or are just the previously affected leaves getting worse? If the latter, you might not have a current problem and are only seeing the damage from a past issue. I don't really know what else to suggest. I look at those plants and the lack of uniformity with their problems suggests to me a pH issue or a possible salt/nute buildup in the soil that needs flushed. Beyond that, I'm stumped.

:sorry:

The browning leaves are not 100% uniform, but there may be some correlations.

The seem to start near the bottom, but not exactly on the bottom leaf, which is half way up the plant since the trim.

The plant with it worst, Serious 6, has it mostly on the main and near main colas. I see some side colas with perfect leaves.

I am most worried about serious 6 because the main colas are loosing their water leaves, all the way up to the top...

I see it with larger leaves and older growth.

I see it with S6, Kali Mist, and Blue Cindy, the 3 biggest, strongest plants, which is in line with the problem being a deficiency...

Here are Utopia Haze and Arjans #3 to the left, with almost no problems. I thought I saw Arjans with some light green leaves weeks ago, but not any more.

IMG_124833.JPG

Here are some natural light pics and some with the flash farther away than yesterday.

IMG_124534.JPG
IMG_124935.JPG
IMG_1249_2_.JPG
IMG_124434.JPG
IMG_124238.JPG
IMG_124635.JPG
IMG_124735.JPG
IMG_125037.JPG
IMG_124037.JPG

I am posting some of this in problems and pests under: Is this Magnesium Deficiency?

No one replied yesterday.... Hoping for more experience. Thanks for all the love, Fuzz.

My next step will need to be a flush, but she has been watered 3 days in a row and probably needs to dry out some, too...

Flushing with the 5.5 ph, like I felt inclined to do earlier... might work...

I really don't want to pull these girls out of the tent. They have grown twist-worn-tangled and really have filled their cubicle perfectly.

When I enter the room, almost no light comes out the bottom vent. It is all staying in the canopy :)

Back
Top Bottom