Serious Seeds Serious 6

Looks great b. I wondered the same thing about hydro plants, and why theydon't wilt from "over watering" i think it has to do with the airstones oxygenation of the water. Maybe when you over water soil the roots are basically drowning from no air, and poof, wilt. Just a theory, ihaven't read anything on it. Yer buds look good man.

exactly, the airstones. without them the plants would wilt and die! I was thinking about this a couple days ago and answered my own question. the water has oxygen in it, and the soil has oxygen in it (when we let it dry out a bit) :high-five:

Let my correct myself. My 18 watt 6400k bulbs look brighter than my 23 watt 2700k bulbs, yet the 23 watt ones claim more lumens (aka brightness) Anyone know the deal? Are these bulbs playing tricks on skybound and I?

Stealthgrow, it was supposed to be an animated gif. It's so much better animated! Glad it got you reminiscing :)

Oh and mono, I see you :high-five:

I think it's just the way our eyes see the light. The plants will see it in a different way :)

I'm not sure it would be necessary below the pot of dirt skybound, but maybe give it a try who knows it could help. Cut a hole in the side of a pot, put in yer stone, fill with dirt,and plant one in there. It would dry yer soil out faster for sure. Thinking about it I wwouldn't do that, butIt's an idea, andthat's why we're here right?

It would also dry the soil more evenly. When I did soil last grow, I noticed the top 3" or so would dry out steadily and evenly. If I really burrowed my fingers deeper, I could always feel wetness, not dampness, but wetness. air from above and also below. Win win in my book, but I won't do soil indoors again.

I used to cut slits in the sides of my cups, maybe ill continue to do that from now on? idk if i'd spend my money and time with airstones as a soil grower :)

I scoped both plants tonight and I'm seeing amber trichs starting to develop. chop time is here. I think I'm going to flush them once more, let em dry out, and harvest.

speaking of oxygen at the roots, my droopy girl is not droopy anymore! after noticing that, I picked her up and sure enough, she is light and dry. i'm giving her another day without water, and both will get flushed once more tomorrow.

next time I know I have to start the flush at week 7 of bloom for this strain in order to give them 2 weeks of pure water

IMG_20131030_234031350.jpg
IMG_20131030_231656103.jpg
IMG_20131030_231614414.jpg

it looks like these plants will get a total of a week of pure water. I flushed with a light biobizz mix on the 23rd, and then with water on the 26th, which was 8 and 5 days ago, respectively.

let me take back what I said about this being diesel. I smell NO skunk, just the pure sweet serious 6 scent. I don't think this is a cut of diesel, and it finished super fast! :) :) :)

it looks like these plants will get a total of a week of pure water. I flushed with a light biobizz mix on the 23rd, and then with water on the 26th, which was 8 and 5 days ago, respectively.

let me take back what I said about this being diesel. I smell NO skunk, just the pure sweet serious 6 scent. I don't think this is a cut of diesel, and it finished super fast! :) :) :)

No Diesel in the 6's.

No Diesel in the 6's.

doesn't smell like it! no sign of the super skunks scent.

I don't like the stress the supercropped plant is under. I wont be supercropping again.

Pistils are changing fast. So fast I almost wanted to scope them again, but I got lazy.

8 weeks, 6 days in bloom. both got their final watering tonight. 16 oz of filtered water through each.

IMG_20131101_245922742.jpg
IMG_20131101_245912762.jpg

thanks cajuncelt! mono, hanging the cfls vertically prevents me from losing any light out the top of the box, where there are no plants.

some words from simon himself,

"Hi Brian,

Just checked your pics at 420. The buds look good but it is amazing to me how they look as I have not seen them so small. The 6 really is a vigorous grower which easily outgrows neighbouring plants when mixed with others.

Timewise it should be ready, I havent seen plants flower for more than 9 weeks, but there still are white pistils. May be this is due to the supercropping and the sativa charecteristic of producing flowers continuesly. But I agree wiht you; they should be ready to harvest.

And you are absolutely right; there is no diesel neither chemdawg in there. It has its own odour which is a mix of bouquets, hence you get wiffs of things lingering in your memory which had similar terpenes!!

Simon"

harvest day! they were alive for 11 weeks and 3 days, for a total of 9 weeks of bloom from first pistil sighting on august 31st. that's a new record for me, the serious 6 is truly is a fast strain

im getting a really intricate sweet smell, but I also have some cheesy musky scents when I bump into the buds :) ill be able to tell you what it truly smells and tastes like after it dries and goes through a grinder

IMG_20131101_234304434.jpg
IMG_20131101_235126196.jpg
IMG_20131101_235132627.jpg
IMG_20131101_232928170.jpg
IMG_20131101_233454777.jpg
IMG_20131101_233508615.jpg
IMG_20131101_235753985.jpg
IMG_20131102_240419538.jpg
IMG_20131102_240415732.jpg

Well done b! I bet these next 7+ days will be long for you. Congrats on the large buds!

Thank you skybound! I cant wait to smoke this stuff. They got a weeks worth of pure water. Next time I'd like to give them 2 weeks to remove even more nutrients from them.

Nice grow b! Looks very tasty. I believe its harder to grow small but you obviously can. I believe it leaves less room for error. Congrats again :bravo:

Congrats

Back
Top Bottom