My First Attempt

Goose and Don were talking about air pots earlier in this thread. I wanted to stick with SubCool's method on the main plants but on the mothers this makes the most sense to me with my limited space.

Question is, a 1 liter air pot is .3 of a gallon, is that a good size for my space to keep mother plants?

I have a Clone Box with a 4 light T5 in it, dem's are 49.25" x 25.5" x 47.25"

Clonebox.gif

Nope, that's the beauty. They are designed to keep the roots from getting root bound, once the roots leave the soil and hit air they get air pruned. Lots of growers on here swear by them and from what I can see and research on they really are worth it.

You can keep em in a little cab or box with some cfls and be fine, no extra huge room or space taken up from mom's.

Subbie said:
Goose and Don were talking about air pots earlier in this thread. I wanted to stick with SubCool's method on the main plants but on the mothers this makes the most sense to me with my limited space.

Question is, a 1 liter air pot is .3 of a gallon, is that a good size for my space to keep mother plants?

I have a Clone Box with a 4 light T5 in it, dem's are 49.25" x 25.5" x 47.25"

Great size for a small area, Xlr8 does his moms Like that (but with coco not soil) and they were beautiful. I had to ask on the size because I thought it was kinda small, but because of air pruning the roots keep growing and can keep small. A fim or topping will help increase branching so you can take more cuttings.

When you did your supersoil did you make a batch as big as subcools? Or did you do it on a smaller scale? I was reading his soil mix and would love to try it, I just don't have space or resources to do it.

I also wanted to mention that I'm a gal. Surprise!

In that case RULES! get them out or no more help :p
just kiddin'
unless.....

Super, I'll order some 1 liter's asap. You see any reason I shouldnt do this in soil?

Great size for a small area, Xlr8 does his moms Like that (but with coco not soil) and they were beautiful. I had to ask on the size because I thought it was kinda small, but because of air pruning the roots keep growing and can keep small. A fim or topping will help increase branching so you can take more cuttings.

I made a 1/2 batch. That filled the bottom 1/3 of 12 #10 nursery pots and I still have about 1/4 of the garbage can left for topping in a couple of weeks. The Roots organic soil is great, the one problem is that it brings in gnats and thrips. I fought those early on but with a flush or 2 of Azamax it took care of the problem. Now I just pretreat the soil before it goes into the garden. SubCool is coming out with a base soil that uses Pro-Organics Soil from Down to Earth. You can learn all about it on his youtube channel Subcool420, the weed nerd.

Here's the big deal with the super soil, at least for me. When I started thinking about doing this 'project' (now my obsession) I was concerned about nutes, how much, what etc. With super soil, its mix it, let it sit for 4-6 weeks, put in the bottom of your final transplant pot and water. If things looked like they might need a push, then just top dress with more super soil, havnt gotten to that yet.

Its organic, the end product is suppost to taste better and even I can do it :)

When you did your supersoil did you make a batch as big as subcools? Or did you do it on a smaller scale? I was reading his soil mix and would love to try it, I just don't have space or resources to do it.

Subbie said:
Super, I'll order some 1 liter's asap. You see any reason I shouldnt do this in soil?

Nope soil would work fine, obviously don't use the super soil as much but some if your not using amendments or nutes.

Thanks for the info on the soil, I have time before I even try and make my own so I guess I will keep tabs on that YouTube channel as changes happen. I use Fox Farm now and don't have any pest issues so idk if I'm ready for a change just yet.

But I'm subscribed to your journal and can't wait to watch this grow finish, keep it up

Thanx Blazin.

Oh also, they are coming out with a super soil charge, just add soil and worm castings.

Thanks for the info on the soil, I have time before I even try and make my own so I guess I will keep tabs on that YouTube channel as changes happen. I use Fox Farm now and don't have any pest issues so idk if I'm ready for a change just yet.

But I'm subscribed to your journal and can't wait to watch this grow finish, keep it up

its a difficult question, the only time i pruned in flower was on the 2ltr hempie, but on my auto and regular plants i just try and remove any leaf that is blocking buds or pull branches out the way to open the plant up using pipe cleaners, the problem is if you take to many leaves then the small bud leaves will get bigger so you will have leafy bud, but as for removing small buds to make the bigger buds bigger i just dont know enough to tell you whats best, does remove the smaller buds actually make the main buds bigger or would they be the same size, i dont think their is any way to tell whats best regarding that

And then there were 8.

While pruning everything I found that one of the Bay 11's hermied. No doubt about seeing pollen sacks with female flowers. I feel oh so lucky to have spotted it in time, the sacks were green and none were open. Took a close hard look at all the plants and the rest were good.

Now back to pruning, there were shoots that had small flowers with no pistals, snip, they are gone. Left most of the big fan leaves, only took them if they were blocking a flower below them. Also started to stack things up, still needs more work on that front.

Back
Top Bottom