My First Attempt

I thought this would be a kewl thing to do. I am amazed at the growth difference week to week.

To be continued ....

Veg_Sequence.jpg

good luck, its to early to tell on sex in that pict, it took mine a couple of weeks a 12-12 to show sex, they will stretch for the first few weeks of flower and will double if not tripple in size, so they will get pretty big when they have finished stretching, cant wait to see how this turns out,

I was worried about the plants getting to wide until sexed and sorted which is why I decided to flip'em today. Thanx as always for the kind words and support Don.

good luck, its to early to tell on sex in that pict, it took mine a couple of weeks a 12-12 to show sex, they will stretch for the first few weeks of flower and will double if not tripple in size, so they will get pretty big when they have finished stretching, cant wait to see how this turns out,

no probs my friend, you got many plants so im interested in finding out how many fems you have got, they usually say 50-50, but i have found i have more males than females, but this could vary from each strain, my ak47 cross uk cherry cheese gave me 1 fem and 5 males and 1 unknown till it shows sex, so looking at that strain it leaned towards male seeds, but my other strains ended up female, even if i purchased just 1 regular seed it turned out fem, the other ended up a hermie, but ive been lucky and had more females from my single seeds, but when i got 10 from the same strain most ended up male.

you should notice a huge difference in growth in around 7 days time, they will enter their stretch and this will then make them reach for the lights and grow at a rapid rate, plus now you flipped the lights you need to change the nutrients to a bloom or flower mix, so this then slows the leaf production and increases the flower production, mine showed sex after 2 weeks of 12-12 so i think you will know by then at the latest what you have, you could be in trouble if you have many fems as they will start filling out now, but on the other hand instead of removing them you could just cut the ones back your not bothered about and just make them have 1 bud by cutting all the side branches, sort of like 2ltr hempie but in bigger pots, doing this would mean you could leave all the plants in their and have some growing as normal plants and have the others growing as hempies with just 1 main bud and no side shoots, doing this would free up room as these plants would only grow upwards and not outwards, as long as you kept the side branches trimmed back this would force all the growth onto the stem and give you 1 big bud, im not 100% sure how this would compare with 2ltr hempie but im sure if would give similar results and would give you something instead of taking them out the room due to size

btw that first pic shows pistils if im not mistaken so id say its a girl congratulations

First 5 day's of 12/12 update.

There are several plants that I can see that are definitely female, and then there are plants that arnt showing anything. I have yet to see one that I can call a male, I would think within the next week they should all be showing, letz hope. The stretch has been roughly 7 inches in 5 days, having to move the lights every day or 2, luckly I still have room vertically, good thing I switched them when I did.

Week_1_12-12.jpg

Week_1_12-12_closeup.jpg

I hope there's enough room, will just have to cut them, train them, whatever it takes. I am happy with the GDP and Bay 11 percentages, not so much on the Kush but there are still 2 plants that havnt sexed yet, we'll soon see.

Thanx again Don

nice job on all the fems, looks like you got a good choice of seeds, are you going to have enough room to flower that many off

Back
Top Bottom