Dashiznet's Blue Dream/Ken's GDP/LA Confidential Grow Journal - 2013

Dashiznet

What strain is it? 2 of each Blue Dream, Ken's Grand Daddy Purple, and LA Confadential

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrid

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Clones started Veg 2/5/2013

If in Veg... For how long? one day

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Hydro

Size of light? 240w Dorm Grow LED

Is it aircooled? yes

Temp of Room/cab? around 75 F

RH of Room/cab? around 60%

PH of media or res? 5.8

Any Pests ? no

How often are you watering? It is a deep culture hydro setup. I'll be flushing it once a week.

Type and strength of ferts used? blue planet 3 part. I started at 1/4 the recommended strength and will increase it slowly

Bucket Size - 18 gal tub

Medium - Hydroten expanded clay balls and RW

# of Plants: 6

This is my second attempt at growing. The first was abandoned because of an insane caterpillar infestation (still no idea how they got in but I made sure to clean everything thoroughly with peroxide before starting this one). I'll be updating about once a week and put up the first pics later Today. If you see anything I'm doing wrong or have any questions Please let me know.

Wish me luck!!!:wood:

Thank you dubbrollin.

Here are a few pics.

My new girls in the bag on the way home
photo_copy_23.JPG

All set up and ready for light!
photo_copy2.JPG

And let there be light
photo328.JPG

Goodluck dashiz, ima keep an eye on this one! I was looking for some Blue Dream clones at the dispensary but they were fresh out! Cant wait to see your babies thrive! & the la con, got some top shelf last month and that stuff was a doozyyyy.. props brotha

-CA215 :peace:

Thanks CA215, I'm excited about the grow! If your in the bay area PM me and I'll let you know the collective I got the plants from. They had quite a few blue dream clones when I got mine.

Well looked in on my plants today for testing etc and the "Ken's Grand Daddy Purple" plants (to the right) look a little sick but my Blue Dream plants (to the left) seem to be going well.
IMG_062812.JPG

Tomorrow is my res flush day so, since the blue dream are right above my air stone, I plan on adding another below the GDPs. The GDP are also getting dark green so I'm thinking an N problem which should also be fixed with the system flush. I bought some Philips - Agro Plant Light 120W BR40 to supplement and replace the current light (along with a t8) when i get on a veg/flower cycle. I'm thinking of putting those in with the scheduled weekly maintenance and if nothing else turn them on for pics. Sorry bout the bad pics today but if I take one with my led on it doesn't show up. I'll post better pics and an update tomorrow or Monday.

I hope this will fix the girls up all perty but if anyone has any other ideas please pass them on!

W4ell the girls are doing well.. It seems that they drop their leaves in the 6 hr dark period and just take time to wake up the next day.

photo_copy_41.JPG
photo_copy_31.JPG

btw I need a real camera... my iphone is horrible! i'll work on getting one for next week.

Well its time for my weekly res flush and updates.

The plants are growing much better than my previous attempt (no pests yet). I see some nute burn on them and am trying to resolve that issue.
photo330.JPG

photo_copy3.JPG

I decided to add blue planet seaweed and vita blue to the mix
photo_copy_24.JPG

Here is my veg light I'm working on.
photo_copy_32.JPG

Well that's all for this week... As always, please let me know if you have any input or questions.

Still working on a better camera... sorry.

It looks like I put the plants way to close together so I'm going to work on another system for the next ones. I'm thinking individual buckets so I can move the shorter ones closer to the lights. Blue dream is overshadowing the rest... literally...

I was looking at how well my Blue Dream plants are doing and realized I've never smoked it! That's just unacceptable!

Long story short I went to pick some up and...
photo_copy_42.JPG

It was amazing! It's the high I remember as a kid. Anyway, I decided to take more pics of my plants.

This is a close up of my blue dream's upper stem
IMG_064215.JPG

Here's one of the Ken's GDP side
IMG_064114.JPG

and one of the LA Confidential side
IMG_064015.JPG

the plants as a whole
IMG_063914.JPG

the lights back on ready to close up
IMG_063810.JPG

I'm sure they're too close together but still the best grow I've done sofar.

It's the last week of veg for my Girls. I'm going to cut some cloned off of the blue dream mid week once I get the clone chamber up.

Off to the update!

Well, I used GH FlooraKleen to get rid of any residue on my girls' roots. Then refilled the tank with my nute solution. Unfortunetly the Blueplanet Vitablue that I recieved about a week and a half ago had green mold in it... dumped that out and added this weeks nutes:

grow 150ml
micro 150ml
bloom 225ml
vitablue none due to contamination (was sealed so not sure how it happened)
liquid seaweed 150ml

Here's the girls prior to the change
IMG_064415.jpg

Here's a pic on my plants patiently waiting to go back home
IMG_065014.JPG

and here is a pic of the roots (the liquid seaweed stained them fairly bad but has made the plants thrive!)
IMG_064818.jpg

I sent an email to blueplanet about the mold issue and had a response within 15 min. Great company! Turns out I over reacted and shouldn't have pored it out. They say to strain it and go on. Not sure if I'll order more vitablue (it just freaks me out... mold frightens me!) but I will order the rest of my nutes from them. customer service means a lot to me. Props to blueplanet and Corey.

howdy brother!

plants are looking just wonderful my man!! but YES i would have turned them to flower after their roots had become established and started to take! :cheesygrinsmiley: possibly after a week buts that OK! loL its crazy how that plant in the middle(bluedream??) has REALLy taken off and become dominant. i love sog DWC/earoponics- so much easier to flush a single res as opposed to 6-8+ and dwc saves so much on nutes- with the roots being constantly suspended in the solution they dont need nearly as much as im using in my recirculating top feed setup.. may i ask what your EC/CF levels are?? just getting an idea looking at the quantities of nutes you put up- seemed like alot to me, for a DWC that is- it could be perfect for 6 plants in the one res! ive only ever grown single DWC. im currently adding around 200mls of greendream bloom, 50mils grostorm, 9 mils silika majik and 15 mils earthjuice microblast, to a 50litre reservoir. that gives me around 2-2.2 EC but i only water for 25mins every 3 hours...

yeah i have heard some great things about BPN's and their service! :cheesygrinsmiley: i only wish we could get the products here 'down under'! hydro nutes are generally quite expensive here- good quality ones anyway.. but i have been liking flairform too.. wanting to try aussie brand "bloom" next time as ive heard good feedback locally

thanks again for the rep brother! you are very kind :cheesygrinsmiley: i wish you all the best with your lovely ladies! and will be subbed to see how much growth you get from you BD!! im guessing it will be QUITE A BIT :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

LED looks brilliant btw! :Namaste:

Thanks for the kind words Alk! Your grow is looking amazing!

oh thats quite alright! :cheesygrinsmiley: its always cool looking through other journals and learn different things :thumb: yeah im still working on it, have ideas about different mediums like river stones etc and maybe introducing a light mover and throwing in a 1k HPS... lots of things to think about in terms of improving it but that certainly is all part of the fun :cheesygrinsmiley: im still considering going with an LED setup but they are simply too dam expensive here 'down under' i would have to order one in from the states or asia possibly- but in the meantime ill just stick with what i know works :]]

all the best brother! :peace:

I'm in the process of reworking my setup for my next grow too. Bigger tent, buckets for each plant, etc.

Had some wilting leaves so I did a res change and trimmed the blue dream to give everyone a chance to grow.

Here are some pics I took while doing my unscheduled res change.
IMG_065618.jpg

IMG_065517.jpg

Thanks omorfi!

It's time to start flowering sunday so I took 4 clones from my blue dream plants.
photo339.JPG

I also started 4 seeds for the next grow but that's another journal. Coming soon!! :wood:

I decided to wait about a week extra to force my girls into bloom (mostly because I had to wait for a 4x8x8 tent to arrive; they were way too crowded in that little one). I also had to buy some chicken wire because the blue dream plants were falling over due to their weight.

Anyway, here they are!

photo345.JPG

I can't wait to start using the bucket system I put together. The three of the four seeds are showing roots and 3 out of 4 of the clones are rooting nicely.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Life has been crazy...
The grow ended somewhat successful. I harvested just over 2oz from the two surviving blue dream plants.

Here is a pic of the harvest pre drying (i used a drying net to dry it)
IMG_072721.JPG

here it is curing
IMG_073922.jpg

and here is the dried result.
IMG_074119.JPG

I just received a Magical Butter machine and plan on making tinctures with the trim and about half of the buds. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I'm mid way into my next grow and about to start another one. I'll try making another journal when I do.

Back
Top Bottom