My First Attempt

I took some shots of what I think are male plants. I feel positive the first photo is a male, can you please confirm the second and third photo.

Thanx

Male 1 GDP
Male_11.jpg

Male 2 (?) Ken's Kush
Male_23.jpg

Male 3 (?) Ken's Kush
Male_32.jpg

Subbie, I follow your journal with great interest

:goodjob:

I am doing my first attempt as well, and switched to 12/12 5 days ago ( currently 7th week 6 ak48 and 3random seed)

It is great to compare as I feel I am doing something wrong ( this feeling I got when plants became bigger and tent became too overcrowded)

I wish you luck and will be follow the progress )

Hi Rem. I can tell you that the first major lesson I have learned has been not to start so many and veg them this long in this space. I really thought I'd have a 50% fallout. Do u have pictures of your setup?

Subbie, I follow your journal with great interest

:goodjob:

I am doing my first attempt as well, and switched to 12/12 5 days ago ( currently 7th week 6 ak48 and 3random seed)

It is great to compare as I feel I am doing something wrong ( this feeling I got when plants became bigger and tent became too overcrowded)

I wish you luck and will be follow the progress )

no probs mate, you not planning on making any seeds then, i was going to be didnt want to risk getting pollen on all my plants and ending up with a load of seed and no much bud, but the next male i get im going to flower somewhere else and collect the pollen and pollenate 1 or 2 branches on a plant and get some seeds, so im hoping during this veg cycle that i get 1 male so i can collect pollen then when i have found a good strain i like and is a good all round plant then ill put some pollen on a few bud sites so i can get some seeds for future grows,

by the looks of your pics you was lucky to get them out in time, any longer and they could have started releasing pollen and ruined the whole crop,

This being my first grow, I wanted to keep things simple and see if I could be successful at this, so I felt like I needed to get rid of the male plants. My long term goal is to find high CBD plants (have seeds ready to go) and then cross with a strain/s that have great taste as well as pain relieving and anti inflammatory traits. To do this things need go a lot faster for the next round.

So I went to the High Times Cannibus Cup today in Richmond, CA. Was an interesting time I will say. Met some folks from a few seed companies and scored a High CBD strain that is clone only atm from SOHUM called Swiss Gold x Sour Tsunami, also got a couple of packs of 2 other high CBD strains of theirs as well. These clones are supposta come off a mother that was tested at 15% CBD to 4-6% THC, so I have my CBD project for next time. Now I have to learn how to keep mothers in a small 18/6 light space. Its a good day.

well done on the clone and seeds, as for your mother plant you can keep them small by pruning the roots, you could take a load of clones then cut some of the roots away at bottom and sides then fill the pot with new compost and put the plant back in, this will stop it getting root bound and means you can keep it in same size pot, the other option would be an air pot or self pruning root pot with the slits running down the sides of the pots, using one of these means the roots die when they get out in the open so keep growing without getting root bound

Coming along nicely bud!
Noticed your looking for high CBD strains.
I am currently growing Tora Bora 99% indica 1% sativa( this cross of a pure Afghani (L.A. Confidential) and a pure Pakistani (X18) has proven to be an extremely potent and highly medicinal strain of cannabis)from DNA/reserva privada which has a very high CBD, Tested at around 16% bud.

Good luck with the grow :peace:

Here is some reviews on the strain from some medicinal users Tora Bora marijuana strain | Medical cannabis strain Tora Bora

Gonna need to read about this. We all talk about root bound plants, so I was wondering how you keep a mother plant small and not run into this problem.

well done on the clone and seeds, as for your mother plant you can keep them small by pruning the roots, you could take a load of clones then cut some of the roots away at bottom and sides then fill the pot with new compost and put the plant back in, this will stop it getting root bound and means you can keep it in same size pot, the other option would be an air pot or self pruning root pot with the slits running down the sides of the pots, using one of these means the roots die when they get out in the open so keep growing without getting root bound

Hey thanx for the info on Tora Bora. I am always interested in the high CBD strains as they have helped me with anti-inflamatory properties as well as a friend who is fighting cancer.

Coming along nicely bud!
Noticed your looking for high CBD strains.
I am currently growing Tora Bora 99% indica 1% sativa( this cross of a pure Afghani (L.A. Confidential) and a pure Pakistani (X18) has proven to be an extremely potent and highly medicinal strain of cannabis)from DNA/reserva privada which has a very high CBD, Tested at around 16% bud.

Good luck with the grow :peace:

Here is some reviews on the strain from some medicinal users Tora Bora marijuana strain | Medical cannabis strain Tora Bora

Subbie said:
So I went to the High Times Cannibus Cup today in Richmond, CA. Was an interesting time I will say. Met some folks from a few seed companies and scored a High CBD strain that is clone only atm from SOHUM called Swiss Gold x Sour Tsunami, also got a couple of packs of 2 other high CBD strains of theirs as well. These clones are supposta come off a mother that was tested at 15% CBD to 4-6% THC, so I have my CBD project for next time. Now I have to learn how to keep mothers in a small 18/6 light space. Its a good day.

I've seem Xlr8 use 1liter air pots for his mothers under t5 floros and they look spectacular. Its what I'm going to try when I get some mothers started.

Subbie said:
They dont get root bound in the air pots?

Nope, that's the beauty. They are designed to keep the roots from getting root bound, once the roots leave the soil and hit air they get air pruned. Lots of growers on here swear by them and from what I can see and research on they really are worth it.

You can keep em in a little cab or box with some cfls and be fine, no extra huge room or space taken up from mom's.

Back
Top Bottom