Growin the White Widow!

Drewskee

Here I am, new in the game and have a few questions for the expert growers out there. If you care to dip into what my game consists of, read along, if not, skip to the questions. Okay... I'm starting my grow op with four seeds of White Widow. A successful germination led to the sprouting of one plant so far. All four began with a taproot after I had them on a damp paper towel for a few days.

I am growing in a friends grow box, 14" x 8" x 24". It is a very small grow box, but what I am hoping to do is grow a stash for myself and grab some pieces that I can start cloning. I'm growing full hydroponically, got the seeds in rockwoll cubes that are just barely touching the water. I have a bubbling system for the water which puts O2 in the water... i heard that leads to success.

IMAG04284.jpg

I am on a 24 hour light cycle for the first two weeks, then I might bump it down to 18 hr light and 6 hour dark. I am thinking that it should take about 3 to 4 weeks in veg, then flower cycle til she is ready.

Question 1: When should I pour some liquid (Pure Blend Pro Grow) food into my container, and how much?? The back label seems a little confusing but I am thinking of just 2 teaspoons for the gallon container? Any help reallyy helps.

Question 2: Will it be possible to take clones from a hydroponic grow and grow the clones in soil?

Here is what the first sprouter looks like:

IMAG04275.jpg

:high-five: dude good job I don't know why you didn't plant them all though. The root doesn't necessarily come out of the seed until later but whatever lol. :confused: Anyways you should let me buy you some clones once your babies get bigger so they can keep them company. :idea:That way we can have even more bud.:):lot-o-toke::passitleft::bigtoke: lol anyways good luck buddy keep me posted ill come see it sometime:morenutes:

Drewskee,

Have you ever seen a mature White Widow plant?
Every one I have ever grown was about five times bigger than your grow box.
It's going to real crowded in there.

Drewski,

There are many methods of plant manipulation such as SCROG, LST, FIM, Trim, Top, Pinch, and Prune.

None of which will be much use in your small space.

The best plan is to grow them in the box until it gets crowded, which will be soon, then move them to a bigger space.

ptg, you really don't think i could flower in the box? This is a box from a friend who has had success with the same exact set up. I'm not looking to harvest and distribute for $$$$$, just a personal stash. All I can think of working would be topping the plants that make it, but yea next grow I think I will want to SCROG or at least LST as much as I've seen others do on their journal, some people get some amazing yields from one plant just by those methods... Thanks for the input tho.

If you plan to leave it in that exact set up like that I think your best bet would be to do something like this:

2012-03-21_02-24-33_632.jpg

This was taken from jakesters 1800w journal, you can get a pretty good yield off this. In my opinion it would be your best bet if you didn't want to get a larger cabinet. :)

oh yeah that is exactly what I am aiming for! :cheer:
I am gonna check out his journal and find out how to grow straight up like that. Looks like it would fit in my space if I manipulated it correctly.:thanks:

See, if you can get 4 arms going (topping after the 4th node), then I would think that you could get about 3/4 zip an arm..

The way I would do it, when you first tie the arms down, I'd do one in each corner, then around day 15 when you pull them down again, I would crisscross them so you're pulling them down in an X pattern, and that way when they grow back up, you have 4 buds in all 4 corners of the box....

If that makes sense...

:Namaste:

Such amazing help and guidance Jakester, thanks!! I pretty much understand everything you're saying. Top the plant after the fourth node then bend the body over so it arches right? Fasten it down somehow, maybe just with a weight like a rock or something... Then I'll see 4 new arms growing upward. Then bend top and bend those over again to get a nice lil yield!?

I will be getting my clone tomorrow for this project! I may give those WW sprouts to my buddy in return for a clinic clone hahahaha.

Thanks again man!!!!

I prob wouldnt use a weight but you can. I would just cut a hole in your pot and tie it down! Have you guys talked about setting up your hydro set up properly?

Cut a hole in the plastic lid i am using as the holding for the nets? Not too sure what you are talking about there.. but a little clarification would help. And yea I am pretty sure my set up is correct. Haven't got nutes yet cause I haven't needed them for germination and all. Can't lower my light fixture cause it is fastened to the top of the box, but I think I should have success with Jakesters method. It seems that it should work quite well. And if there are any malfunctions I know that I can work out the kinks in the next grow!

alright I see what you're saying! I could construct a temporary fixture to get the new clone much closer to my lights, then adjust it accordingly as the plant grows. I wasn't sure what he meant by "the way you're setup using RW over the top of a DWC is not the correct setup" haha I have no clue what RW or DWC stand for. Need a lifeline for that!

But now I get what you meant about LST by tying the stem down. Question though, when I tie it down, does the highest point of the stem need to be super close to the lights again? Same as when I tie it down for a second time?

I appreciate all your input!

The white widow is a pretty branchy plant for that box but I think you will make out alright. Here is a pic of a white widow i am growing now about 3 wks into flowering. :Namaste:

100_08258.JPG

Louis nice grow! I see you're in soil, I'm doing deep water hydro, think it'll be any different as far as veg growing size? I am probably gonna LST each plant to get it extra busy.

First I gotta find a way to stop the stretching and get those sprouts closer to the light!

Did you LST your plant? any tips to share? I am actually in the really early stages so when I update i would love your input since we are growing WW! Hope you stick around :)

Louis nice grow! I see you're in soil, I'm doing deep water hydro, think it'll be any different as far as veg growing size? I am probably gonna LST each plant to get it extra busy.

First I gotta find a way to stop the stretching and get those sprouts closer to the light!

Did you LST your plant? any tips to share? I am actually in the really early stages so when I update i would love your input since we are growing WW! Hope you stick around :)

Yea Drew, you will probly get bigger plants alot faster if you get your nutes and PH tuned in just right. No I did not LST this one but i did top a clone from this plant and will be doing some LST on that one.As far as getting um closer to the light, just put another same kind of container under that one. For that box you can top the plant then tie down the four main branches and you get a nice little round bush. Here is an example.

Scrogged_bagseed_plant_3.JPG
100_04715.JPG
100_05364.JPG

Subbed BTW....:thumb:

Whoa louis that is soooo helpful to have the visual. and yea I was thinking of just stacking a few boxes underneath to get it closer to my lights. so it seems like once you tie those four new branches down (not sure how that happens but I guess I will see it once I do the topping) then I will have even smaller and newer branches that want to grow up towards the light? Thanks for those pics!

And thanks for the walkthru Jakester. I am just gonna cover up those holes that I won't be using so the light doesn't get to the water to grow some dirty nasty junk. hahaha good tip cause I would not have seen that coming!!!

Back
Top Bottom