Growin the White Widow!

Hey Vicb! Thanks for cruizin by, i'm diggin your journal. that's funny that we are growin the same strain at the same time!

here are some pics of the further grow, i'm quite impressed.

IMAG04935.jpg

this widow is gonna grow nicely. I actually topped her today.. okay this is sounding creepy so i'm done with those terms hahaha but i'm hoping to get a pair of colas that'll get me a good amount

IMAG04955.jpg

lookin closer i think its clear that she has a female body.

IMAG04985.jpg

hey man, i finally came to check out your journal. i wish i had earlier! you appear to have had the same problem i did with my first 2 grows.. i drowned my plants. looks like you have one that made it, so thats awesome! just make sure its getting tons of oxygen. rockwool doesnt breathe well, just look at what happened to my first 2 grows lol.

im glad you have a nice looking plant, keep it up =] subbed

oh, and i just started some LST today, looks like your plant is almost tall enough to. are you going to as well?

for sure thanks for the tip. I should take out that garbage and cover them holes up. I'll do that when I add water tomorrow. Yeah, well I gave the top a little pinch this afternoon so I will look for two colas to grow, then work some magic! lol

Thanks for tuning in btw

We are now at a full month away from sprouting date, i'm gonna consider this a milestone. 2 days ago I pinched the new growth, hoping for a successful "top" I see today that there are two stems growing from the main stalk! Success! Now it's time to watch the growth closely then start stress training.

Here is the plant herself:
IMAG05124.jpg

And here is where I see two "main colas" in the making.
IMAG05114.jpg

And a week later, we have freakishly amazing growth! I cant even tell where the "two tops" are from the topp job i did. But maybe I did it wrong but oh well. Here are some updated picz!

IMAG05218.jpg

Notice I've bent @ the main stalk to keep her away from the light and hopefully produce more growth from the stem.

IMAG05206.jpg

I'm thinking about flippin the switch for 12/12 after she finishes her food this week. I'm thinking once I get back from STAGECOACH I'll pick up some blooming nutes (any suggestions???) and get the next cycle started.

IMAG05228.jpg

:thanks: for stopping by! Time to :roorrip: !!!

Hey drewskee, just checked out your journal so far, I had the same problem with the space Im on my second grow area for the same plants, I didnt worry to much just waited for them to out grow there home and moved them to there new. Glad one of them plants stayed with ya, I was getting a bit worried that the journal was coming to a end. But she looks great now:goodjob:. I did some LST to a few of my plants. The guy who I learned from told me to tie the bottom of the plant first for support and then bend over the top. Im growing in soil so im not sure if it will make a differance on your plant. congrets on growing hydro for your first time. I m gonna try to get good at soil before I go hydro. I think soil is a little bit more forgiven if you mess up. Good luck and Ill be watching to see how she does:bravo::party::tommy::headbanger:

i definitely recommend putting a counter-tie above the first node, pulling in the opposite direction of your other lst line. it keeps the stalk from just falling over like yours is doing, and instead makes it bend - which is what you want =] also reduces risk of you pulling it out

Thanks you two!

Drift, not sure what the counter tie above the first node means...? Like pull it more in the opposite direction from the top?

you want the bottom of the stem to be going straight down like a 90 degree angle take a look at your picture. right above where your first cluster of branches is tie it. pull that back and make it lake an "L" . h.o ill try to get some pics for examples

Here are some basic paint pics I whipped up really quick to give you an idea

In The top pic the green represents your plant and how it is leaning over to the side. The red is your LST Tie, and the dotted blue is how your plant should be.

Lst_paint2.JPG

The second pic represents your plant properly LST'd. The blue line is an optional tie or hook that you may need to support the base of the stem so the whole plant doesn't lean over when you use the red tie to tie it down further. Essentially you want a straight up plant with the top tied over instead of the whole plant leaning like it is now.

Lst_paint1.JPG
[/QUOTE]

this was taken from my journal from stoned4daze! thanks bud!

Thanks you two!

Drift, not sure what the counter tie above the first node means...? Like pull it more in the opposite direction from the top?

IMAG018915.jpg

something like that. kind of a weird angle, but i have one tie at the base of the stem, but above the first node just so it doesnt slide down. then i pull the other line the other way, so the stem stays straight up and down but bends =]

Gotchu DG thanks for all that! I read your journal and totally understand what needs to be done. :thanks:

Now I have another question for all :420: members with expertise:
How about taking 5 cuttings from my plant, rooting them with some Shultz Powder and inserting them in some rockwool in the other 5 nets I have? Maybe veg them for a week or two then begin flowering. I am envisioning 5 straight up stalks that I could lollipop or lst in a fashion in which I could utilize the space available. I think this would help me keep the plant from getting too close to the light. Plus, if each individual clone had it's own energy to bud, I'm sure I could get a few grams worth from each... Thoughts?!?!

Drewskee man yes I think your box is big enough to do what you are talking about doing. The only thin I would recommend is getting the light closer. My dad uses only one 54watt High output bulb but he can get it within 2 inches of the plants and keep it cold enough to not damage them. I wouldn't call him an expert but he has been doing this for awhile. I'm 21 and he was doing this before I was born. He took a break to raise his kids and get a career but has started back only more recently 7 years or so. The funny thing is last time i went to visit him I was looking around his shop for nutes and all he uses is this funky Alaskan fish emoltion shit. I didn't believe till I couldn't find anything else resembling plant nutrients. Thanks for stopping by grow your one looks to be getting really strong keep up the easy going awesomeness

cool man i'll be 21 in june. gonna go pick up some Shultz and make cuttings next week. that way I get some quality clones. fish emoltion huh? I guess that gives the plants what they need to flower productively.

maybe if i start flowering as many cuttings as i get from the trim next week, i could even start a second batch of 3 that will be ready to harvest just a short amount of time as the first. for more fresh bud!

This girl became a beast for this grow box so i had to do some trimming and I decided to make clones out of the cuttings I made!

She definitely doesn't have enough room to flower in here!

IMAG05282.jpg

So I trimmed a bunch of branches and sprinkled rooting hormone on the ends, so I am hoping to see them begin growing and perk up at the end of the week.

I planted the lightly shaved stem that had been dusted with the root powder into rockwool cubes. Question is:
should I keep the baby clones in the humid climate just until I see roots protruding the rockwool, or just for maybe a few days?

Here's the new set up for the time being. Each cutting fit in the BLUE Solo Cup with plastic wrap over it perfectly.

IMAG05325.jpg

Back
Top Bottom