Growin the White Widow!

cool, i just watched a bunch of videos on how to FIM, and it seems pretty simple, just a snip off the top of the newest growth, probably gonna do it after the fourth node.

So FIM will give me those four main branches to tie down, while topping will just create two new tops right? Seems like FIM is the way to go. I'm gonna plant my clones and check on the WW sprouts. I'll post pics later this afternoon. It's gonna be a crowded room but I'd rather have a lot growing than one that I can fuck up and be screwed.

Whoa louis that is soooo helpful to have the visual. and yea I was thinking of just stacking a few boxes underneath to get it closer to my lights. so it seems like once you tie those four new branches down (not sure how that happens but I guess I will see it once I do the topping) then I will have even smaller and newer branches that want to grow up towards the light? Thanks for those pics!

And thanks for the walkthru Jakester. I am just gonna cover up those holes that I won't be using so the light doesn't get to the water to grow some dirty nasty junk. hahaha good tip cause I would not have seen that coming!!!

No problem Drew. There is a bunch of different methods you can use its just gonna come down to what works for YOU. I dont now about tying them down cause i just pinned the branches down through the soil. You can probly getaway with weighting them down like Jakester suggested If you look at the first pic of the LST you still get 4 main colas at the end of each branch that eventually point up towards the light (they just havent yet in that pic) the stuff in the middle is just bonus. Be interesting to see what you end up doing, good luck.:peace:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH I see so you pin them down but then they wanna still grow up toward the light, thus making it seem like you have four plants right there, all growing upward! And those little bonus branches would be nice haha. I have a friend helping me out too so when he takes a look at the babies I'm sure he'll have input. Thanks again for all the replies.

I am amazed at how much help I am getting here. I was thinking I'd have a crappy grow cause I was just diving right in, but now this seems great and I should have a pretty successful crop for the summer!

Here is a clone I took from the plant in flowering. You can see where i cut the new growth and got two main branches, I am getting some new shoots coming in.The second picture down shows where icut on the lower left branch:thumb:

100_09826.JPG
100_09818.JPG
100_09806.JPG
100_09796.JPG

Thanks teSmp and Jakester now I get what you're saying about making sure the plant focuses on growing the main colas instead of little buddy branches. Im sure that those little branches won't flower much anyway.

And yea I am going to continue growing my four sprouts (haven't checked on them yet today cause they are located in a stealthy location) and if they go well then that'll be superb, if not then I can pick up a clone and start from there. I'm thinking I might run into some obstacles so incase that happens I want to still have my backup plants ready to go. All an experiment ;)

one week in!

So I went for a checkup and to drop a little food in the hydro water. PH balanced and all with just a bit of grow nutrients (7ml). I also raised the container so the sprouts would be closer to the lights (thanks for the suggestions Jake and teSmp)

IMAG04397.jpg

Here is a close up of the two sproutlings I have. I will be out of town for the next week so I am expecting to see nicer leaves when I return.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMAG04377.jpg

Kind of interesting, the first sprout has the two round leafs but only one fan leaf, and the other sprout has all 4 leaves prematurely curled up it seems like.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMAG04386.jpg

Can't wait to see these babies next week! Off to bigger and better things tho.... The grand canyon!

Haha I know what you're saying cause I've also read a lot about putting the lights super close to the sprout but I couldn't risk that here cause I won't be checking on them again til next saturday so I'm hoping they will be fine @ 7 inches away. Plus I'm sure they will grow towards the light within that time. I do appreciate your input!!!

Day 12. A little more growth, but I've noticed yellowing in the round leaves and a little yellow in the first pair of leaves. Not sure what the problem is but I am going to research that. Here's what we got thus far:

IMAG04424.jpg

IMAG04496.jpg

IMAG04444.jpg

Kinda strange to see how these leaves are folding over eachother and all the sudden seeming dried out. Still about 7" away from light. Could have something to do with the water, but I know my pH is in the high 5's. Maybe has something to do with tap water and I should use some better filtered water...

yea absolutely makes sense. I made sure to let the roots drop into the DWC, got about an inch between the bottom of the netting til the water, but I did mist the RW cubes so that must be the problem. I'll go fix that later today and hope that they turn around.

so they need air on the roots as well as water and the nutes.

oh yeah that is exactly what I am aiming for! :cheer:
I am gonna check out his journal and find out how to grow straight up like that. Looks like it would fit in my space if I manipulated it correctly.:thanks:

nice job!!!! how early do u start to trim the branches a u did here?

I have the widow in a 3x4 room wrapped in poly,1000w hort.light..334 cfm inline fan,and a can filter #33.
8 plants 5gal,pots
soilless
got buds already... in bout 5-6 weeks from clone stage(16 days under 12/12)
using neem oil to help them stay healthy
ph 6.5-7 nice....
fox farm all the way!!!
sugar or molasas last 4 weeks,with the MOAB......
let them go past 56 days maybe 60-62 days..

the room is full of bushy stocky fat assss females....

so u gonna need room....

i'll post pics.tomorrow..:thumb:

UPDATE!!!:

IMAG04874.jpg

At the end of 3 weeks I was shocked to see how much the front plant grew. Growth has certainly be stunted probably by my germination technique or overwatering. However I see a bright childhood for this plant.

IMAG04805.jpg

The second lady is lookin just a step behind but seems to hold up well. She'll be the ugly girl in gradeschool, but turn into a total hottie later in life.

IMAG04842.jpg

Hoping to see a lot more growth over the next few weeks

Hello Drewskee I have been reading through your grow journal, and like your self I grow Hydroponicly and just so happen to be growing White Widow. The way we do it is Deep water culture. I really need more details about your grow but the most recent pictures it really just seems you fed too early and getting that light close is crucial. I have a feeding tube system that I use when they a just sprouting that just drips on the rockwool cubes you don't really want to keep them soaking wet or dryed out just a happy median.
My space is bigger than yours but it is just my closet. I started flowering 2 plants 3 weeks in and now I have too much plant matter to handle. You are doing a fine job keep it up and try to get those lights within 2-3''.
and if you have time stop by my grow and let me know what you think. Like I said it is very similar to yours except I don't use advanced nutes. Peace

Back
Top Bottom