Growin the White Widow!

do it until they have roots coming out. you'll want to make sure to let them breathe though, a couple times a day at least since those containers are so small. i'm not sure how fast they'll use up the available co2 in there, but giving them fresh air a few times a day won't hurt them. i just got my first clone planted in my hydro system =] i used a tray though. you might want to invest in one of these, it was like $5.
IMAG021311.jpg

Any thoughts on reapplying more rooting hormone (powder kind) to the cuttings?

They are in rockwool so I am a little worried that the rockwool could have scrapped off the powder and left the ends just sitting in the medium.

But my plant seems to have perked up and is still growing even after all the harm. I'm thinking she'll be better off putting all of the bud production on just a couple of branches instead of all that used to be on there.
IMAG05335.jpg

i may have but i actually don't think I did. when I check on the cuttings they are growing new sets of leaves and seem to still be alive so i am pretty optimistic about it. Should I take them out of the rockwool, apply water and redip in the powder?

Give them some time they should root just keep air in there, I tired doing it the same way as you did but instead of plastic wrap i used a clear cup as a lid it worked fine. I also have a tray with a dome which does good. My first clone took about 10 days before I seen roots [try some clear plastic cup you can watch the roots grow, but transplant soon from the clear cup so the light dont hurt your roots] and I find the more humidity and warmth the faster they root. I also was worried about the powder soaking in to the dirt but i think once you rub it on before you plant it is all the clone needs to react to the rooting hormone. Good luck man!
Oh ya a little info to help. I read its better to give your plants just fresh water no food for a bit before you take your cuttings I guest you want hardly any nitrogen in your cuttings, nitrogen promotes leaf growth and you want the cutting to use its energy to grow roots.
05136.JPG
018230.JPG
04650.JPG

yeah that looks good. I'll get it right next time for sure! GOt one cutting that may form roots still but the others weren't in a good condition at all. thanks for the help! On another note i just put my lady into flower. this'll be night #2 and i think i'll take a peek on day 3 or 4 to give her full strength bloom nutes

anyone, got a question for ya, have you ever got a nug that in a definable shape? i got a heartshaped nug lol

Hey Drewskee! About rooting powder... I've used it before... Honestly, I don't think it helps that much.

Since I've stopped using it, my success rates have increased... But I think this is due to getting better at preparing a cutting. :) I recently took 12 cuttings (six from each Kona Coffee plant). 10/12 lived! :thumb:

On a side note, cuttings where I've trimmed the fingers tend to die. Tutorials, a SoG video I've watched all suggest doing it... *shrug* its a mystery.

Hey Drewskee--

I am in for this because I plan on growing a ww in the near future. I am not doing dwc but gonna use coco coir by hand feeding. Maybe one day I will try dwc but not without doing a lot of reading. It sounds way more complicated and more work than using coco or soil. But I am glad one of your plants made it through and you were able to clone.

Alright thanks THsea and TokeLove. Both of your grows are awesome and inspiration!

I've got a lot of hope for my one cutting. Got her in some rockwool, in a cup, covered with plastic wrap and siting on my window sill. I even sprinkled a dab of the powder hormone into the the rockwool, maybe that'll close the gap of failure.
It looks mighty humid in there so it looks like a good cloning environment. I think the problem before was having the cuttings in my stealth grow box, i couldn't give them any attention or air change ever. so i hope this lady survives the mighty trek, it would help a lot in the long run.

thanks for stopping by ;)

Thanks for the kind words about my grow. Still a novice and learning something new everyday that I can apply to grows. I just love this place!!!

I'm here to post an update, and that's what I like to do after I smoke some good stuff, so here we are ;)

Here's the plant from seed, planted back in Feb, she is in day 3 of flowering now.
IMAG05475.jpg

Got her locked down in fuzzy wire for two lollipop branches.

IMAG05486.jpg

This should be a nice flowering site

IMAG05516.jpg

Look @ all those folded up leaves!

IMAG05526.jpg

This may be the next clone I take, or possibly leave on. Depends onher growth over the next few days.

Now I'd like to show you the two cuttings I have in my homemade humidity chamber...

IMAG05625.jpg
IMAG05633.jpg

I hope they root soon!!!!

Damn, that's a dude alright, balls for days...Get him outta there unless you wanna try your hand at breeding? But it's only your first male right? There's still hope. So turn that frown around mister!!!:cheesygrinsmiley:

true that! if nature gives me a male WW, I'm thinkin I can make the best of it by collecting some pollen to cross him with a fine lady some day. Maybe not right away, but it wouldn't hurt to stock up on his pollen for a future project.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.:Namaste:

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!
:420:

Back
Top Bottom