CrazyCanucks First Hydro - Purple Kush & White Widow

CrazyCanuck

Greetings all from the Great White North! Been reading these forums for a while and they have gotten me to where I am now, which is week 4 of my first grow! I have realized the importance of this community in helping a with a successful crop so I thought I would join to achieve the knowledge and pass it down in the future. You guys seem like a great community and I look forward to your comments and criticisms in my quest for a perfect grow!
I thought I could read these forums and apply them to my grow (which I have been doing so far), but now I have specific questions and a journal seems to be the way to go. I think I have everything in line, but it never hurts to have the opinions of people like you who have done many more grows than I have.

So here we go!
Here are the specifics:

- Grow tent 4' x 4' x 7'6"
- Lighting is are cooled 600W MH on 18/6 cycle
- DWC setup with 3.5 gal buckets
- Using growstones for medium
- Using General Hydroponics Flora series (321, 222, 123 formula)

Plants in tent are three purple kush and two white widow

Still have one white widow that sprouted a week after everyone else.

Pictures coming up

re: CrazyCanucks First Hydro - Purple Kush & White Widow

DSC031410.JPG
DSC031310.JPG
DSC0311.JPG
DSC031010.JPG
DSC0309.JPG
DSC0308.JPG
DSC030710.JPG

These plants were transplanted 3 days ago with a nute solution around 700PPM.

Other specs:

Water temp: 68-74 degrees
PH: 5.8 - 6.8
Ambient room: 78 degrees
Temp above plants 75 - 77 degrees

I noticed the yellowing after transplant and has not gotten any worse and plants are growing, but slowly. Will this correct itself under current conditions or do I need to do something else?

Oh I forgot, the humidity was riding at the 20% range and with added wet towels and bowls of water have managed to get it up around 25%, which I know is still low. I am getting a humidifier on Monday and will keep the humidity at around 50%?? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks All!!

Greetings all, well its been 5 days since my last post, and what a difference 5 days make.

First, my White Widow that is still in the grow box has gotten sick. After doing much research it seems to have a brown slime covering all the roots. It happened from the morning to afternoon.

DSC0315.JPG
DSC0316.JPG

These are pics after treatment, which involved removing plant from system and completely sanitizing everything. My wife then carefully cut the plant from the cube it was in and cleaned entire root system of slime. System was reassembled and made absolutely light proof and am using ice packs to keep temps down. The pics are after about 18 hours of clean up. Plant doesn't look any worse, but no better either. As you can see the roots are pretty bad. The roots are hanging on by a thread, but I have noticed a new root coming from the basket and the is a ring of new roots above where the root looks like is going to fall off. I just gave her a weak nute solution (about 150 ppm). Hope that is OK, time will tell.

So now the action in the grow tent. These plants are doing very well, although one plant is outgrowing everything else which I think will be an issue for setting the flowering. I have fimmed all the plants ( 3 days ago) and they don't seem to be affected by it so far...hope I did it right.

DSC031810.JPG

You can see the size differences, so I was wondering is there any way to slow down the big PK a little bit so the rest can catch up? Will nipping a couple of clones off her slow her down at all? I was reading about defoliating but that looks scary and am not convinced it will work. Will taking a couple of fan leaves off the bottom help in slowing her down? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I will be glad when I have gotten this first grow under my belt so I have a little better idea of what to expect.

DSC031910.JPG

This is the Purple Kush that is growing so fast. It is about 9 inches tall and the rest of the plants are 4-5" tall. Very vigorous growth, even after fimming (maybe not done right, never done before, not sure what to look for.

And the rest of my girls!

DSC032410.JPG
DSC032310.JPG
DSC0322.JPG
DSC0321.JPG

Any comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for taking the time to have a look! Cheers all!

Oh I forgot, I have my humidifier running now and the RH is between 50 - 60% all the time with the daytime time around 73 - 75F and night
time around 65F .

Does anyone have any experience using GH Florablend? I am also battling with how to slow down my big PK...leaning towards some defoliation, but still not sure. Any suggestions on slowing this girl down would be appreciated. I was planning on flowering them in a week...is that realistic?
Sorry about so many questions...first grow jitters I guess..lol.

Good Day All! I really need some on advice on slowing my Purple Kush plant. She is growing like crazy compared to the other four plants. I have narrowed it down to 1) cloning it (not sure if taking a few clones off will slow her down), 2) Stripping some fan leaves (not sure about this one) or 3) Topping her (fimmed her last week but didn't slow her down much). Are there any other ways?

I am going to have an issue if I don't slow her down because she is almost (or is) ready to flower, but the other girls are going to need another week. This big purple kush will be too large in a week...I really need some advice...anybody??

Hey everyone,

I have question about readings (ph, ppm, water temp). I have been religiously taking and marking down these readings everyday, and adjust my ph once a day. This might seem like a dumb question but what are the ppm readings trying to tell me. I know about the temp, but the ppm.

Maybe I could give you a few readings from one of my plants for a few days and maybe someone can tell me what they mean?

Feb 16 - PH 5.8, PPM 861
Feb 17 - PH 6.5 adjusted to 5.7, PPM 836
Feb 18 - PH 6.4 adjusted to 5.9, PPM 826
Feb 19 - PH 6.3 adjusted to 6.0, PPM 725
Feb 20 - PH 6.3 adjusted to 5.5, PPM 813

I change the nutrient water once per week and alternate watering with water and nutrients daily.

So what are these numbers trying to tell me? Why did the PPM go up today all of a sudden? Next water change is Wednesday coming. Plant looks good but has light green leaves as you can see in photo above. I have 3 purple Kush and the leaves are all light green. I also have 2 White widow whose leaves are a very dark green.

Any help, suggestions, comments welcome and encouraged!! If haven't given enough info just let me know!!

Couple of plants looking a little droopy today, could the water level in my buckets be too high? I transplanted them in an oasis cube and I have the water touching the cube. The cube is in growstones. Is that too high for the water? I will be posting new pics later today. Thanks for any help.

Well I changed my nutes, so time will tell.

Here is a pic of my biggest Purple Kush showing lots of purple striping om the stem and some branches...should I be concerned?
PurpleStripes.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom