Getting Ready To Start My First Attempt At Growing

Excellent. Ok, that soil has fertilizer in it already. You are not going to want to feed for three or four weeks. If you want to stay organic then you might want to look into the General Organics Go Box.

6 days and they seem to be doing well
image18713.jpg

Hey, MB -- they look great!

Great advice from PeeJay -- your soil has lots of good stuff in it already, enough to give your plants a great start.

The General Organics line is available through Amazon.ca: General Hydroponics General Organics Go Box: Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Or, if you don't want to use bottled organic nutes, you can do what the organic gardeners do and make nutrient teas and so forth. LOTS of growers working on organic soil grows here -- Sweet Sue is very generous with her advice and wisdom, if you want to check out her Perpetual thread :)

All the best!

Hey, MB -- they look great!

Great advice from PeeJay -- your soil has lots of good stuff in it already, enough to give your plants a great start.

The General Organics line is available through Amazon.ca: General Hydroponics General Organics Go Box: Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Or, if you don't want to use bottled organic nutes, you can do what the organic gardeners do and make nutrient teas and so forth. LOTS of growers working on organic soil grows here -- Sweet Sue is very generous with her advice and wisdom, if you want to check out her Perpetual thread :)

All the best!

Checked on them this morning and all the larger leaves are drooping on the ends, gave them a good shot of water so we will see if they were just thirsty...
My brain is on overload with all the reading but I think at week 3 I will transplant into 11L buckets and ad some worm castings to the soil. I am not set on organic but worried about using the wrong chemicals.

Three weeks before transplant is about right. Think of it this way - the soil already has lots of food in it. When you pot-up you will be providing the plant with access to a ton more food. Don't be tempted to feed.

When I water small plants like those I make sure the pot is as wet as it can get all the way through, then let it get quite dry - watering every 4-5 days. Make sure your drain holes are doing their job. Giving the top of the pot frequent dabs of water is not good. When you water, water well and let the container dry for several days.

The worm castings would be a great addition to your soil - you could go as much as 25% castings. Maybe add some additional perlite too if it's in the budget.

Well I think these are a victim of over watering, leaves were all drooping and bottom turned very yellow in the matter of 1-1/2 days.
I transplanted them both into 11L pail with 25% worm castings. I'm thinking this will be the only transplant I do with these.
I'll take pics in the morning when I check on them

First is the PK, first 2 sets of leaves are badly yellow and not going to recover.
second is the AH and first set of leaves are yellow and probablynot going to make it.
On the bright side the rest of both plants have perked right up and seem to be very happy with the move into bigger pots.
I will leave them for 5-7 days before watering again and pay a little closer attention to my watering habits.
Temp 82o RH 40
100_16353.JPG
100_16361.JPG

Day 21,
5 days since transplant and they both seem to be doing well. Same leave are yellow and tops are perky and green. no water since transplant (5 days) and according to the meter in the PK it is still wet, PH is in the 7's (analog meter) I am thinking of adding a little lemon juice to the next watering to bring it down a little.
Temp 82 RH 40
image35398.jpg
image35397.jpg
image35396.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures, have to remember to hold my phone sideways and find a white light for taking pictures.

Hi mb5200,
I see you figured out the over watering all on your own, that is good. A lot of new growers have trouble seeing it.
By chance are you measuring the PH of the water you are watering her with? In soil you are looking for 6.5 PH though if you can hit 6.4 to 6.6 you will be fine.
Looking forward to seeing your girls grow :goodjob:

Hi mb5200,
I see you figured out the over watering all on your own, that is good. A lot of new growers have trouble seeing it.
By chance are you measuring the PH of the water you are watering her with? In soil you are looking for 6.5 PH though if you can hit 6.4 to 6.6 you will be fine.
Looking forward to seeing your girls grow :goodjob:

I just picked up this analog meter a couple days ago and haven't watered since transplanting, I will check the water PH next watering.

Looking forward to your input!!

Day 28
girls seem to be happy, growth seems to be a little slow but maybe its just me be a little impatient.
Watered both after 9 days in the bigger pots and they really like the space.
Topped the AH just above the 4th node 2 days ago, not sure if i'm going to the purple kush.

I'm loving this gardening in a tent, i bought a bigger tent and ordered some autos and hope to start another grow next week
image35471.jpg
image35470.jpg
image35469.jpg

Day 31
Mid week update, Wife wanted me to take her to the city to do some shopping so the first palce we hit was the hydro store. Picked up a few things to help these girls thrive

IMG_0015251.JPG

Here is the Azura Haze

IMG_0010316.JPG
IMG_0011286.JPG

Purple Kush

IMG_0012263.JPG
IMG_0013272.JPG

Both

IMG_0014248.JPG

I ended up topping the PK after these pic's were taken, I will update sunday after watering with first nutes.

Ordered my autos (Dark Devil, THC Bomb and Supersonic Cristal Storm) 2 weeks ago from a sponser but yet to get the shipping confirmation. Getting a little frustrated.....

Day 35
Watered both today with 1/4 strength nutes and a Ph to 6.5

Azura Haze
image35522.jpg
image35524.jpg

It was getting much taller then the PK so I pulled it over a little bit and she is looking up again after only one day.
Clipped 2 fan leaves off to let a little more light in and the smaller branches grew over night.

Purple Kush

image35526.jpg
image35525.jpg

Not much to report on this one, slow and steady.
Her nodes are so close the inner part wasn't getting much light so trimmed a set of fans off. I noticed that from the 3rd node up on this girl every node has 3 leaves unlike the AH with 2

Both

image35521.jpg

As you can see they are pretty level now with the AH being a little lower but she will be higher in no time I'm thinking

You'll notice a couple little plants in the corners, I plated both of them 28 days ago using/doing the same procedure as the the bigger ones but they don't seem to be doing anything at all.

Back
Top Bottom