Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg

Day 55 and time to go "Mid-evil" on the LSD to see if stress increases trichome production. I started with needles through each branch including the main stalk, kicked the pot around a little. But then thought, wait a second, thats not all that mid-evil, and I want this gal stressed.
The white light is all that I turned on this morning and only long enough to do a little stress on the LSD, then it was back into darkness to complete the 36 hours of darkness. Still not sure if that will confuse them enough, I am debating on turning the lights on for a few hours later tonight before bed, but not sure yet if I will or not. Tomorrow They will get 8 more hours of light followed by 16 hours of dark then it will be chop time.
I will be going mid-evil on them again tomorrow. I want her stressed.
Now without a further ado, her is how I stressed the LSD.

DSC_14825.jpg
DSC_1490.jpg
DSC_14912.jpg
DSC_14961.jpg
DSC_14973.jpg
DSC_14986.jpg
DSC_14997.jpg
DSC_15008.jpg
DSC_15016.jpg
DSC_15027.jpg
DSC_15043.jpg
DSC_15053.jpg
DSC_15066.jpg

This last pic is the sample bud on the top of the branch I started all the stress testing on

DSC_15194.jpg

To be honest I am not really expecting much, though I am pretty sure she will not have enough time to go hermie on me before I chopped her down. Only time will tell. And this test is not conclusive since it is possible I did not go mid-evil on her enough, maybe a blow torch would be in order?

Either way I hope everyone has a great Saturday, I will be heading out to my brothers to check in on how his wife is doing.
Be well and may your gardens stay green :green_heart:

Good grief!

You appear a little too familiar with torture techniques.

Max
Learned that all from TV, later on I will be playing non-stop "Muskrat Love" over and over for 12 hours straight. That is when the real torture begins.

Don't be so mean :rofl:

Hope she packs on the trichomes for you.
I figured I had to be tough on her, so if it did not work someone could not come back and say well the reason it did not work was because you did not stress her enough.

acupuncture on a plant!

What in the hell?? You could just yell at them every day to stress them(plants have feelings too ya know). But channel locks? Good grief! Muskrat Love might just turn them hermie!

I would say that it is far better to stress a plant by giving it to much of what it wants, for instance you could have given it added potassium which would have aided in the creation of more trichs and thicker buds and could have stressed her, but i hope it worked

acupuncture on a plant!

What in the hell?? You could just yell at them every day to stress them(plants have feelings too ya know). But channel locks? Good grief! Muskrat Love might just turn them hermie!
A little extreme I know, but the post I read suggested stabbing each branch with thumbtack and things like that. Not having any thumbtacks I had to improvise. I figured Muskrat Love may have been a little over the top but I could not find any old Abba albums.

I would say that it is far better to stress a plant by giving it to much of what it wants, for instance you could have given it added potassium which would have aided in the creation of more trichs and thicker buds and could have stressed her, but i hope it worked
Actually I am starting to think that stressing them period is not a good thing, for one I felt kinda bad about doing it, and in all honesty, the frost on the buds I had before I started were plenty frosty in my opinion. I believe I let greed get the best of me.
It will all be over soon and my guess is that they will look pretty much exactly like they did right before I started this experiment.

A little extreme I know, but the post I read suggested stabbing each branch with thumbtack and things like that. Not having any thumbtacks I had to improvise. I figured Muskrat Love may have been a little over the top but I could not find any old Abba albums.

Actually I am starting to think that stressing them period is not a good thing, for one I felt kinda bad about doing it, and in all honesty, the frost on the buds I had before I started were plenty frosty in my opinion. I believe I let greed get the best of me.
It will all be over soon and my guess is that they will look pretty much exactly like they did right before I started this experiment.
No... stress is good when its the right stress i am building more and more bud and trich daily but i am stressing them with potassium. stress helps build all those beneficial effects and compounds as the plants natural defense to the stress. At least that is my basic understanding

No... stress is good when its the right stress i am building more and more bud and trich daily but i am stressing them with potassium. stress helps build all those beneficial effects and compounds as the plants natural defense to the stress. At least that is my basic understanding
I will give your technique a go on my next grow G00ch, I am always willing to try new things. How early or late into flower did you start going heavy on the potassium?

Hi OG,

I'm very interested in the results of your stress tests. In nature animals will nibble on the leaves so it has merit, but then I think indoor grows optimise in some ways by eliminating natural variables. I wonder if, approaching the period of 12/12, reducing the day/night times by 20 minutes a day would produce better results than a sudden shift remove 18/6. Or is this just because I want to get all geek on this and use the Raspberry Pi to minutely control the environment? I'm already getting sucked into this and wondering what factors can change to optimise things. Stress is one of those things I'm interested in and you're doing a controlled test that I eagerly await the results of.

Max

as soon as you switch to flowering you add phosphorus for 4 weeks then you leave it for a week and at week 5 you start on potassium and stop phosphorus, the phosphorus will engage the bud site building, and then the potassium will make them fill out

Last day of my girls lives and I felt that instead of talking about the upcoming harvest and the future buds to smoke and enjoy, I would take this update to talk about something I saw on the news here in Oregon the other day that touched my heart.
Apparently there is a little girl who lives in NY who was terribly burned (75%) of her body, who lost her whole family in the fire which was intentionally set at the age of 5. Her father who died in the fire saved the little girl by throwing his body on top of her. She now lives with her Aunt in Schenectady, NY. She saw a card christmas tree and liked it and asked her aunt if she could have a small card christmas tree. For anyone who is not familiar with a card christmas tree it is a small christmas tree that you decorate with post cards from friends and loved one. Her aunt posted her wishes on Facebook and it has really taken off, thousands have sent her well wishes and cards. My wife and I were both so touched by this little girl that we have sent her a card with a little something extra.
I would suggest you google this young girl, Safrye is her name, and hear her story. With the holidays approaching, and the state of the world in chaos, it is very encouraging to hear a story like this. This little 8 year old girl has touched my heart and am sure she will yours as well.
So if you are able to end her a card, her name and address is:
Safyre
P.O. Box 6126
Schenectady, NY. 12306
USA
It is not every day we get to have our hearts touched so deeply by strangers.
I hope you all will take 5 minutes and google this story, and see for yourselves. A card and a stamp is a small price to pay for the warmth your heart will feel. God bless you all.
:peacetwo::peace::green_heart:

Last day of my girls lives and I felt that instead of talking about the upcoming harvest and the future buds to smoke and enjoy, I would take this update to talk about something I saw on the news here in Oregon the other day that touched my heart.
Apparently there is a little girl who lives in NY who was terribly burned (75%) of her body, who lost her whole family in the fire which was intentionally set at the age of 5. Her father who died in the fire saved the little girl by throwing his body on top of her. She now lives with her Aunt in Schenectady, NY. She saw a card christmas tree and liked it and asked her aunt if she could have a small card christmas tree. For anyone who is not familiar with a card christmas tree it is a small christmas tree that you decorate with post cards from friends and loved one. Her aunt posted her wishes on Facebook and it has really taken off, thousands have sent her well wishes and cards. My wife and I were both so touched by this little girl that we have sent her a card with a little something extra.
I would suggest you google this young girl, Safrye is her name, and hear her story. With the holidays approaching, and the state of the world in chaos, it is very encouraging to hear a story like this. This little 8 year old girl has touched my heart and am sure she will yours as well.
So if you are able to end her a card, her name and address is:
Safyre
P.O. Box 6126
Schenectady, NY. 12306
USA
It is not every day we get to have our hearts touched so deeply by strangers.
I hope you all will take 5 minutes and google this story, and see for yourselves. A card and a stamp is a small price to pay for the warmth your heart will feel. God bless you all.
:peacetwo::peace::green_heart:

That's beautiful, og. Thank you for sharing.

And as far as the BDSM with the girls goes, as long as you've negotiated consent and they have their safe words, well, go to town :)

Amazing how fast in this age of social networking that things like this travel :) There is a card sitting on our table specifically for this girl and will be mailed out tomorrow :)

I don't bother with FB, but my wife seen that on there earlier this week :)
I caught it on the channel 8 news, and I was so touched, it did bring tears to my eyes.

That's beautiful, og. Thank you for sharing.
I thought so too, and did not want anyone to miss the chance to have their heart warmed.

And as far as the BDSM with the girls goes, as long as you've negotiated consent and they have their safe words, well, go to town :)
:rofl: fifty shades of grey or is that fifty shades of green?:rofl:

Fifty shades of green lol! Hope those girls responded to the stress OG. Looking forward to the final weigh in
As for the stress test, as far as I am concerned it did nothing noticeable since I checked the buds daily on the plant I stressed and the 2 I did not stress. They were pretty much identical as far as frost goes. I will not be doing that again though I do have an idea of what I will be doing on the next grow.

Well I was hoping to give everyone a wet weight and dry weight but I put fresh batteries into the scale I borrowed and it went all freaky on me and stopped working. After my update I will be running into own and buying a new scale and will give you the dry weight in about 5 to 7 days once they are ready to go into jars.

Been a very busy morning already, I had to wear nitro gloves because of drug testing issues, but I was able to whip it out pretty quick even with gloves on. I made sure to tag a nice branch off each plant and leave them unwashed for future testing, which I presently have 2 people who have volunteered to do the washed/unwashed challenge. The will not know which is which and I am thinking of mixing the test up a little by giving them 4 samples to smoke, and telling them that there may be 1 unwashed bud in one of the samples or there may be 4, or perhaps zero. That way they can only go by the taste and not have any preconceived thoughts about one tasting better then the other.
The bud washing did remove quite a bit as you will see in the before and after pictures of the water I used to wash the buds.
This is after washing 1 plant, the Mango. The pail on the left has 5 gallons of 60 degree F. water, 1 cup of baking soda, and one cup of lemon juice.
The pail on the right is room temp. 72 degrees F. clear water.
DSC_15294.jpg

the next photo is the same buckets after the LSD and the PW were both washed and rinsed.
DSC_15994.jpg

Here is a few photos of the washed buds, waiting to be hung up.

DSC_15792.jpg
DSC_15672.jpg
DSC_15821.jpg
DSC_1578.jpg
DSC_15591.jpg
DSC_15452.jpg
DSC_15423.jpg
DSC_15432.jpg

I will be redoing my tent later today and moving all the buds inside the tent on one end and putting up a divider to block out the light for drying. This was just temporary till I could get everything washed and cleared out.

DSC_16055.jpg
DSC_16062.jpg

I only took pictures of 2 of the plants once I cut loose the scrog and the support strings. They are very sad looking indeed. I will be using silica from now on, though I am afraid it will be to late for grow #2 since they are ready to be flipped about 3 weeks ago.

This is the LSD which was under the SCROG
DSC_15932.jpg
DSC_15871.jpg

This is lonely miss Mango
DSC_15492.jpg

I will be cleaning the tent and getting everything set up for grow number 2 which I am hoping I can get into the tent tomorrow and get them flipped to 12/12

Hope everyone has a great day and your gardens stay green :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom