Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg

Your plants look great, I'm jealous haha.

If you get a cheap De humidifier it will help alot and will make your buds more frosty apparently. People say as low as 25 is ok during the last two weeks of flower to reduce the risk of mildew and bud rot. I don't know if it is true as it is only what I have read from various sources, but it makes sense to me, hope this helped.

Peace

Sent from my SM-T110 using 420

I have never heard that lower humidity will make the buds frostier, I do know that the lower the RH% the less chance you have to get powdery mildew or bud rot, but you also increase your chances of getting spider mites. Spider mites prefer lower humidity and hate high humidity, where as Molds and Mildews prefer high Humidity and dislike low humidity. I normally shoot for 30% to 40% RH if I can get it during flower.

I have never heard that lower humidity will make the buds frostier, I do know that the lower the RH% the less chance you have to get powdery mildew or bud rot, but you also increase your chances of getting spider mites. Spider mites prefer lower humidity and hate high humidity, where as Molds and Mildews prefer high Humidity and dislike low humidity. I normally shoot for 30% to 40% RH if I can get it during flower.
Lots of people claim it does make them more frosty. But I cannot back that up, just what I read. I think 30 - 40 RH during last 2 weeks is perfect.

Doesn't it take a while for spider mites to produce? I wouldn't of thought that they could be a problem in just two Weeks?

Anyway hope everything works out for you mate, looking forward to seeing your next update.

When do you surmise that they will be ready for the Chop?
Will you be doing a staggered Harvest?

Peace

Lots of people claim it does make them more frosty. But I cannot back that up, just what I read. I think 30 - 40 RH during last 2 weeks is perfect.

Doesn't it take a while for spider mites to produce? I wouldn't of thought that they could be a problem in just two Weeks?

Anyway hope everything works out for you mate, looking forward to seeing your next update.

When do you surmise that they will be ready for the Chop?
Will you be doing a staggered Harvest?

Peace

I is quiet possible, since the plant will obviously do better if conditions are ideal for the plant. I just have never heard that one before, but then again there are many things I have not yet heard about.
Spider mites are quick multipliers, when my brothers wife had to go in for brain surgery, he was not able to check on his garden for almost a week. When he did look inside, the webs were everywhere. That is why it is so important to catch them early before they can start multiplying.

Gawd no staggered chopping for me, I want this done and drying, my grow #2 is already out of control, they need to be flipped the sooner the better.

I is quiet possible, since the plant will obviously do better if conditions are ideal for the plant. I just have never heard that one before, but then again there are many things I have not yet heard about.
Spider mites are quick multipliers, when my brothers wife had to go in for brain surgery, he was not able to check on his garden for almost a week. When he did look inside, the webs were everywhere. That is why it is so important to catch them early before they can start multiplying.

Gawd no staggered chopping for me, I want this done and drying, my grow #2 is already out of control, they need to be flipped the sooner the better.
I never realised they could produce so many in just a week. I found a tiny fly in my tent so I re potted and let her dry up loads and put a house spider in the tent and got some sticky yellow fly catcher things and I have yet to see another little fly and I must of killed off all the larvae by letting it dry so much.

No fly seen since, not even on my fly catcher, I found the spider dead under the floor sheet when cleaning the tent one day. So I guess the 23 Celsius and 60% humidity is not good for spiders lol.

Apart from that I haven't had any bug issues at all, yet.

So when you chop will you trim all leaves before the Chop or After?

I know your meant to chop her during the dark cycle when all the starches and food retreat to the root system, and that when Drying she needs darkness. But....

How do you do all that in Darkness? Lol

Does green light work as I think I read that a green light will not affect the dark cycle but I'm not Sure?

Also, what are you growing Next? And Why? :)

Yeah but if you look at mine compared to yours mine looks like a broken brush pile haha

<3

I would not say that, we all work with what we have, some are just luckier then others to have a little more to work with, your garden looks fine.:thumb:
I never realised they could produce so many in just a week. I found a tiny fly in my tent so I re potted and let her dry up loads and put a house spider in the tent and got some sticky yellow fly catcher things and I have yet to see another little fly and I must of killed off all the larvae by letting it dry so much.

No fly seen since, not even on my fly catcher, I found the spider dead under the floor sheet when cleaning the tent one day. So I guess the 23 Celsius and 60% humidity is not good for spiders lol.

Apart from that I haven't had any bug issues at all, yet.

So when you chop will you trim all leaves before the Chop or After?

I know your meant to chop her during the dark cycle when all the starches and food retreat to the root system, and that when Drying she needs darkness. But....

How do you do all that in Darkness? Lol

Does green light work as I think I read that a green light will not affect the dark cycle but I'm not Sure?

Also, what are you growing Next? And Why? :)

1st off spider mites are not spiders, they are a member of the mite family totally different animal, and one I hope you never get the privilege to meet, they suck.
I will cut off ll the fan leaves while the plant is intact, then start cutting branches, I will trim the sugar leaves separate from the fan leaves for hash, then do a bud washing, then off to dry.
Not going to do it in the dark, I will do it as soon as I get up in the morning I plan on doing it. Drag the plant out and basically butcher her up.
My next grow is going to be 3 Power Wrecks and a Harlequin The Harlequin is suppose to be a high CBD strain and I want to have a variety to try for my different ailments. I have arthritis and a bad back. I also suffer from depression and have major issues sleeping, for example last night I woke up at midnight and have been up since. The pills the doctors have me on will not allow my brain to shut down,

Sorry if it looks like I'm trying to hijack your thread, not my intention at all.

So your at day 52 flower.

How many days till you chop her Up?

It is all good :love: we at 420 are family and if I can help you out then it is all good. Your my brother from a different mother.I was thinking 7 to 10 days this morning but I checked the trichomes just a little bi ago and either I did not see them before or they are changing quicker then I expected. I prefer cutting at 5 to 10% amber trichomes, but I will probably still hold out at least 4 to 7 days. But that can change at the drop of a hat depending on the trichomes. The furthest out I will push it is 30% amber, any higher then that and I am not a big fan of it, to stoney. But if I screw up I will just give it all to my brother since he like his stoney.

Nice stalks!
Thank you for the compliment I am pretty excited to get this grow over with.

Looking forward to seeing you chop them ladies up, interested to see what your plants yield.

What would a plant with 100% amber trichomes smoke like. Will it just put one to sleep straight after one Toke? Lol

I wish you were my brother ;)

Could not tell you, I have never cared much for couch lock, though my neighbor grows one that he says will knock him out for the whole night, though I have never asked him how far he pushes his ambers before he harvests. Maybe next time I see him I will ask him.
Well he is my big brother after all.:love:

Day 53 since flipping to 12/12
Temp/RH% highs were 82/57% and lows were 66/42%
These rain storms that are pounding the NW is killing me for RH% I know for many of you these are every day numbers but I can get the numbers down to respectable numbers when we are not in the middle of a monsoon.
I checked the trichomes and m seeing a few amber here and there, even on the buds, so today I am making the call, I was going to chop on Sunday but wife wants me to wait since it is her day off and wants to spend time together, so Monday it is. I will be starting the mass abuse late Friday evening just before lights out.
So with no further ado, short and sweet today, wife day off and she wants quality time with me :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

This is the top bud from the branch I have been raking on. Nothing noticeable, come Friday I am going Jason from Friday the 13th on her.
DSC_13704.jpg
DSC_13694.jpg

here is the rest of the garden this morning
DSC_13792.jpg
DSC_13784.jpg
DSC_13776.jpg
DSC_13824.jpg
DSC_13665.jpg
DSC_13835.jpg
DSC_13802.jpg

Hope everyone has a great Thursday, and your gardens are always green :green_heart:

Good call, IMO. It sounds like there are going to be a lot of sticky scissors in the coming week. You done good - no, make that great, OG!

I'm sharpening my Fiskars as we speak OG. Three sets of them. Just send the plane ticket and I will be there Monday! I am really exited for you. It is such a great position to be in. The grow is secure at this point. Just waiting on the cuts!
So whats better for you, a morning flight or afternoon flight? Actually it should not take all that long to trim and wash. My decision was dictated by "SWMBO" she wants that LSD out of the house.

Good call, IMO. It sounds like there are going to be a lot of sticky scissors in the coming week. You done good - no, make that great, OG!
Why thank you sir, coming from you that is truly a great compliment :thanks:

I was kind of surprised yesterday when my neighbor finally came over and took a look at my grow. I told him he had better or he was going to miss it. He told me that he thought I did a great job for 1st grow inside. I was really tickled since I have seen his grows over the last 14 years.

OG, The Mendo Purps has been the best sleep aids that I have found to date. I have not slept more than three hours straight in years. When I wake up I turn on the pre loaded vape, let the dog out, take a couple good rips, let the dog in,one more good rip, and go back to bed. Sleep follows in minutes, every time so far!

OG, The Mendo Purps has been the best sleep aids that I have found to date. I have not slept more than three hours straight in years. When I wake up I turn on the pre loaded vape, let the dog out, take a couple good rips, let the dog in,one more good rip, and go back to bed. Sleep follows in minutes, every time so far!

I've been liking this, the older I am the less sleep I need thing. I'm often up in the middle of the night washing dishes, doing laundry, etc. When it's warm I've been known to wash the car at 3am. :biglaugh:

My headphones? I just got my 1st smart phone like a little over a year ago, before that I was packing an old brick flip phone. Last pair of headphones I owned was in late 70's.

... have to research how to use my camera on youtube.

For headphones, read "Earbuds" - The ones that come with the phone :goodluck:

[video]

Day 54 since flipping to 12/12 and 3 days from chopping.
I took a few pictures of the bud on the top of the branch that I got quiet aggressive with and was hoping to see some minor changes as to trichome production. I took pictures using the flower macro setting on the camera then the portrait setting. Big difference in how they appear but to be honest, I am not seeing any difference from this bud verses any other bud on the plant right next to it. The plant I have been stressing was the LSD yet the PW looks just as frosty. I also only gave it 8 hours of light yesterday, kicked into night a little early just to see what it would do. Since this grow is basically done I will continue with stressing the LSD more and more till I chop and I will not be running any light on them all day Saturday but will kick it back on for 8 hours on Sunday. What can I say, I want her confused and stressed out.

I picked up all the supplies, lol all the supplies, lemon juice was all I was missing, for the bud washing experiment. Do not have any 5 gallon buckets handy but I do have a few 8 gallon brew craft buckets that I use for water storage available, which I will be using.
Temp and RH% is pretty much insignificant at this point as far as I am concerned, unless it starts raining in my tent, it is over, done deal.

The pictures I took today do have one little change to them, we will see if you can pick up on the theme I am shooting for. If you are not able to figure it out, fear not I will tell you at the end. So with no further do,

The test bud from different camera settings
DSC_14262.jpg
DSC_14252.jpg
DSC_14163.jpg
DSC_14201.jpg

and now for the garden

DSC_14111.jpg
DSC_14084.jpg
DSC_14556.jpg
DSC_145411.jpg
DSC_14528.jpg
DSC_14498.jpg
DSC_144810.jpg
DSC_14464.jpg
DSC_14065.jpg

So if you did not figure out what the theme of todays update was, it was a pictorial "SHOUT OUT" to Mr Am4zing and to let him know it showed up last night. I would have posted sooner but the wife told me it was something she had ordered, so it was not till late last night when we actually opened the box that we knew what it was.

:hug::thanks:Mr Am4zing:thanks::hug: you rock sir

Back
Top Bottom