Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg

...and here you live in one of the great micro-brew states.
:surrender: to the beer borg collective :drool:

Interesting you had 14" removed. So did I in 2005. Then I got to go back and have it done all over again. :whoa: :thedoubletake:

Best of luck riding out the storm. Glad things are looking better today. We actually have some sun and blue sky at the moment. More rain on the way, however.
Well I surely hope when you had yours done you did not go through what I did. I developed a blood infection and lost 55 pounds. Had I weighed 240 that would not of been so bad but I weighed 162 at the time. Darn near killed me.
I use to drink a lot when I was younger but as i grew older I just lost the taste for it. I do not despise it, but there are so many other things that taste better to me. On the bright side, more beer for you guys :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey buddy, your crop looks amazing man, we re at about the same stage in grows so it's awesome to hear about all te cool little techniques you incorporate to finish her off, love it!:thumb:Stay safe my friend, maybe get some inertubes around those pots just incase the water makes it your way and maybe a pair of water wings for yourself! We live in a flood plain up here so I m all to familiar with your plight, we're all hoping for the best for you and yours!:Namaste:
I am hoping the worst has come and past, but they are talking about 2 more days of heavy rain, so we will see. Thank you for the well wishes and I hope you and yours are well and safe during the holiday season. :hug:

Man that is just a wonderland of frost! That's amazing, and the pics are great! Super clear pics!

I have not done any testing but I do believe the trichome production might increase from some light stress in the second half of flowering. But how to measure that is very difficult. I am also going to try some bud building on the upcoming plants. I have to go back and read the details again.

As for the budwashing, if you are not doing any foliar spraying on the buds you may not see Any difference. There will be a difference, but it might not be noticeable. I started doing it cuz I had to spray neem oil and since I always have seedlings and buds close to harvest in the same room everything got sprayed. And Man that need oil is nasty shit. So I washed the buds to make sure it didn't make the smoke bad. Now the added benefit is to wash off my nasty smelling foliar feeding spray and also any PM that may be lingering just waiting to take hold, hair, skin, dust, bug poop, plain old dirt, etc etc. Also I think buds dry faster and more evenly after a wash. Other have reports that as well. I can't explain why at all but it's just one of those things. Anyway, all that said, I am all for bud washing!

OG have you ever drank apple cider vinegar? Its pretty aweful at first but it's supposed to be magical. I do feel a difference in allergy and sinus problems from drinking it but it is also supposed to remedy shaky hands, sore joints, good for skin and blemishes, and a whole list of things. If 90% of it is bs it's worth while for the other 10%. I drink one ounce mixed with about 6 ounces of cold water and chug it down every Morning when I wake up. If nothing else u are wide awake after it lol

I will have to give the apple cider vinegar a try, I know it has to be better then taking more pills.:thanks:
As for the trichome production and bud washing, only time will tell but like you said it may be difficult to tell, I think what I will do is only do one plant with the high stress and compare it against the one that does not receive it. The LSD and the PW are very close as far as trichome production. Would be a pretty fair comparison.

That's so interesting about the scratching! What a great idea to try that out.

Your buds are simply beautiful -- and there are so many of them! Wow!

Thank you for the compliment.:Namaste:

It is not my idea, I read about it on a web site, oh yeah 420's web site, go figure. All the great info is here, just have to snoop around.
It made sense that it should work, after all the plant will defend itself as much as possible against insects. Only time will tell for sure. Tomorrow I will get even more aggressive with that branch, thumb tack staying into the base maybe. Then I think not tomorrow but maybe the day after that I may not turn the lights on for that day and give her 36 hours of straight dark time. see how she likes that. Hoping to trigger that last ditch effort to produce before she dies.

You are full of good ideas. Tent looks lush as always, gonna look strange when they get the axe.
Some parts of northern UK have been hit quite hard by flooding over the last few days after 13.5 inches of rain fell in just 24 hours. I'm lucky to live on a hill so flooding is not an issue. Sending you dry vibes my friend :passitleft:

If your headphones have a built-in volume control, you can use either of the volume buttons as a shutter release.

:thumb:
My headphones? I just got my 1st smart phone like a little over a year ago, before that I was packing an old brick flip phone. Last pair of headphones I owned was in late 70's.

use timer on camera, sit back have a beer or smoke and let camera take the pic itself....:thumb:

They drug test where I work, and I'm in a small town, with more bars than churches, gas stations, and grocery stores put together...so they drink here too... I use to go the a bar for Sunday school, even got a star on the board for perfect attendance...lol

The micro breweries here I believe have coffee flavored, and chocolate beer...anything is possible...
The camera has a timer? I never even thought of looking, then again I had this phone for almost a year till I figured out how to switch from ring to vibrate. I really am a techno-dinosaur. While have to research how to use my camera on youtube.

You are full of good ideas. Tent looks lush as always, gonna look strange when they get the axe.
Some parts of northern UK have been hit quite hard by flooding over the last few days after 13.5 inches of rain fell in just 24 hours. I'm lucky to live on a hill so flooding is not an issue. Sending you dry vibes my friend :passitleft:
Yeah the tent will be empty for at least 1 day, 2 at the most, will need to chop, then clean the tent out thoroughly and get grow #2 in and flipped. That will give me some time to start working on grow #3 and get them trained so I do not have the same problem with #3 as I am going to have with #2
Considering all the droughts we had this year all along the west coast, it would be nice if some of this would be snow, but it has been like 60 at sunrise here, it is just weird.
Thank you for the dry vibes, I will take everything I can get since I found out that even if I bought flood insurance now, it would not go into effect for 30 days.
Stay dry and safe my friend.

I will have to give the apple cider vinegar a try, I know it has to be better then taking more pills.:thanks:
As for the trichome production and bud washing, only time will tell but like you said it may be difficult to tell, I think what I will do is only do one plant with the high stress and compare it against the one that does not receive it. The LSD and the PW are very close as far as trichome production. Would be a pretty fair comparison.

If u try the apple cider vinegar try to get Bragg brand or something that is unfiltered. Should be cloudy when you shake it. Be prepared for the taste. Its not good at first but it grows on you. I don't mind it anymore. Mix it up and chug it down, makes ya warm too.

If u try the apple cider vinegar try to get Bragg brand or something that is unfiltered. Should be cloudy when you shake it. Be prepared for the taste. Its not good at first but it grows on you. I don't mind it anymore. Mix it up and chug it down, makes ya warm too.

I will see if that brand is available here in Oregon. I kind of figured it was going to taste a little different since the name is VINEGAR.:laughtwo::laughtwo:
When I first read your post for some reason I had flash backs to the old Cheech and Chong routine. Looks like dog shit!

I will see if that brand is available here in Oregon. I kind of figured it was going to taste a little different since the name is VINEGAR.:laughtwo::laughtwo:
When I first read your post for some reason I had flash backs to the old Cheech and Chong routine. Looks like dog shit!

Lol Should be. Meijer has it here. Wal-Mart and Kroger usually have another unfiltered kind that is fine too. Almost daily I say to someone "we'll if it looks like dog shit"

Lol Should be. Meijer has it here. Wal-Mart and Kroger usually have another unfiltered kind that is fine too. Almost daily I say to someone "we'll if it looks like dog shit"
Ok i will check them out 1st.
I'd give the essential oil foliar spray a go for trich production! :) oh and Ricky Bobby glad your gonna give bud backbuilding a go you won't be sorry!
Hey LA
I am unfamiliar with essential oil foliar, can you elaborate a bit more? Is that a product you can buy or is it a home made foliar?

OG pople have been experimenting with spraying their buds with essential oils. The plant thinks it is being attacked and produces more trichomes to fight off the attack. I am leery of this one as I wouldn't want to spray an oil on that may not come off with washing and effect the flavor. So I am waiting on hearing more about peoples results. Oil in the lungs can also be something of a not great thing. I'm not saying this practice is bad, the jury is still out for me. It definitely seems like it is increasing trichome production from the pics I have seen in peoples threads!

Yeah we have to credit CajunCelt for this as he now cultivates for a legal living. Its how the connoisseur top flight stuff is made apparently for the dispensaries. He gave a certain five oils to be mixed diluted right down for foliar.
The 5 oils is supposed to be a thing? I say tosh lol and rather than mix em together I use 2 oils at different ends of spectrum in my eye and then switch hit between the pair from day to day!
Its literally only a cpl of drops per gallon! ;)

OG pople have been experimenting with spraying their buds with essential oils. The plant thinks it is being attacked and produces more trichomes to fight off the attack. I am leery of this one as I wouldn't want to spray an oil on that may not come off with washing and effect the flavor. So I am waiting on hearing more about peoples results. Oil in the lungs can also be something of a not great thing. I'm not saying this practice is bad, the jury is still out for me. It definitely seems like it is increasing trichome production from the pics I have seen in peoples threads!
I think I am going along with you on this one, if the stress technique doesn't work for me, maybe one day I will try the essential oils. If I can get 1/2 the results with stress as they do with oil. i will go with stress and cll it good. My buds seem pretty frosty already no sense being greedy

Og, do you leave your ladies in darkness before the Chop? I read that 24 to 48 hours of darkness before chopping really increases resin production. Interested to know if you do or have done That?
I am planning on a 36 hour dark time, but I am not doing it right at the end, 2 to 3 days before the end, putting lights back on her for like 8 hours a day just to mess with them, then chop
Happy growing

Sent from my SM-T110 using 420
I am planning on a 36 hour dark time, but I am not doing it right at the end, 2 to 3 days before the end, putting lights back on her for like 8 hours a day just to mess with them, then chop. I want them stressed hard at the end.

Yeah we have to credit CajunCelt for this as he now cultivates for a legal living. Its how the connoisseur top flight stuff is made apparently for the dispensaries. He gave a certain five oils to be mixed diluted right down for foliar.
The 5 oils is supposed to be a thing? I say tosh lol and rather than mix em together I use 2 oils at different ends of spectrum in my eye and then switch hit between the pair from day to day!
Its literally only a cpl of drops per gallon! ;)

Their have been documented studies on the dark period claim and the results were even, makes no difference! KJC who is staff here still I think knows more!

Well if the results were even and it makes no difference, then it will not hurt to do it and see for myself. I like to try different things and see what works for me. While the bud build worked great on the LSD and the PW on the Mango it really did not do much for them. I have heard from others though that the Mango strain is a fluffy bud so that could be why it is not as dense as the others. I do think it is definitely worth doing either way and will be doing it on my next grow as well. Thank you for that tip my friend.

Day 51 since flipping to 12/12
Temps/RH% are looking terrible, hit 56% last night.Still not seeing enough milky white to justify chopping,
Each plant under the SROG drank 2 gallons each this morning, Mango was still ok so maybe tomorrow she will get a drink.
Still no changes as far as any fattening up, I guess this is where I have my patience tested.
DSC_13315.jpg
DSC_13325.jpg
DSC_13343.jpg
DSC_13433.jpg
DSC_13447.jpg
DSC_13464.jpg
DSC_13482.jpg

I apologize for not a very detailed update today, my mind is in a different place.
Hope you all have a great day and your gardens stay forever green :green_heart:
Your plants look great, I'm jealous haha.

If you get a cheap De humidifier it will help alot and will make your buds more frosty apparently. People say as low as 25 is ok during the last two weeks of flower to reduce the risk of mildew and bud rot. I don't know if it is true as it is only what I have read from various sources, but it makes sense to me, hope this helped.

Peace
Day 51 since flipping to 12/12
Temps/RH% are looking terrible, hit 56% last night.Still not seeing enough milky white to justify chopping,
Each plant under the SROG drank 2 gallons each this morning, Mango was still ok so maybe tomorrow she will get a drink.
Still no changes as far as any fattening up, I guess this is where I have my patience tested.
DSC_13315.jpg
DSC_13325.jpg
DSC_13343.jpg
DSC_13433.jpg
DSC_13447.jpg
DSC_13464.jpg
DSC_13482.jpg

I apologize for not a very detailed update today, my mind is in a different place.
Hope you all have a great day and your gardens stay forever green :green_heart:

Sent from my SM-T110 using 420

Awesome grow man. Can't wait until I can afford the right lights and get a yield like that lol. Great looking grow, good work followed along!

Thank you for the compliment but there are so many other gardeners here that make my garden look like a brush pile it is silly.
That is one of the great benefits of being a member of the 420 community, collective sharing of information.Well that and they are just like family after a bit :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom