Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg

Looking great oldgrower! :thumb: wondering what river you live next to, Johnson Creek floods, Sandy river, Pudding river, a lot of the coastal rivers.
Tualitin, man did you catch all the flooding and landslides going on today? :jawdropper:

I am green with envy OG! Hey had an idea. Take a look at your support lines running up. Do they have spider mites at the top of the line? If not then I would say you are in damn good shape. Won't be long now!
Last person to say that to me was Major Pita and while I did not find anything where he told me to look I did find Spider Mites while searching.
I believe it is a strand of the cord I am using to hold up the branched but will double check.:thanks:

Beautiful garden OG! When are you harvesting....25% amber, 50% amber, etc?
I will most like shoot for 5 to 10% amber on the buds with preferably 100% milky white or close to it if possible.

I have been reading where you can increase trichome production by right near the end of the plants life creating a ton of street on the plant, things like stabbing the base of the branches with thumbtacks and other things like that. When I get close I am thinking I will try this technique on at least one of my plants and see if I can see any difference.
Hope everyone has a great Monday and your gardens are green :green_heart:

Looking forward to hearing how that goes, if you do. Makes logical sense if nothing else...

I have been reading where you can increase trichome production by right near the end of the plants life creating a ton of street on the plant, things like stabbing the base of the branches with thumbtacks and other things like that. When I get close I am thinking I will try this technique on at least one of my plants and see if I can see any difference.

You can achieve the same thing with the application of essential oils in a diluted spray. Cajun's been playing with this idea, one he picked up as a cultivator in a legal grow. Off hand I don't recall if there's a particular point where the practice begins. You'd have to check with him. I'll be interested to see if your forms of torture achieve the same levels of explosive trichome development.

Of course it'll work, just at what level in comparison, although I'm not sure any of those experimenting with Cajun are documenting in a way that could be used to compare.

Regardless, I'll be watching your experiment as well.

Looking forward to hearing how that goes, if you do. Makes logical sense if nothing else...

You can achieve the same thing with the application of essential oils in a diluted spray. Cajun's been playing with this idea, one he picked up as a cultivator in a legal grow. Off hand I don't recall if there's a particular point where the practice begins. You'd have to check with him. I'll be interested to see if your forms of torture achieve the same levels of explosive trichome development.

Of course it'll work, just at what level in comparison, although I'm not sure any of those experimenting with Cajun are documenting in a way that could be used to compare.

Regardless, I'll be watching your experiment as well.
I will try to take macro pictures of like 3 specific buds the day before I start and each day after so we can see if there is any noticeable difference. Going to be hard to imagine them being any stickier then they all ready are but hey if it works I am all for it.

Day 51 since flipping to 12/12
Temps/RH% are looking terrible, hit 56% last night.Still not seeing enough milky white to justify chopping,
Each plant under the SROG drank 2 gallons each this morning, Mango was still ok so maybe tomorrow she will get a drink.
Still no changes as far as any fattening up, I guess this is where I have my patience tested.
DSC_13315.jpg
DSC_13325.jpg
DSC_13343.jpg
DSC_13433.jpg
DSC_13447.jpg
DSC_13464.jpg
DSC_13482.jpg

I apologize for not a very detailed update today, my mind is in a different place.
Hope you all have a great day and your gardens stay forever green :green_heart:

Keep breathing Baby and hang in there. You almost have to chain me to a pole the closer we get. :laughtwo: Taking everything down at once was such a weird experience, and one I hope to spend the rest of my cultivating career avoiding. I already miss the lights. LOL!

I know everyone else has said it, but that is one hell of a good looking grow you got.
And like a hot babe on Prom night, I never get tired of hearing it :rofl:

Keep breathing Baby and hang in there. You almost have to chain me to a pole the closer we get. :laughtwo: Taking everything down at once was such a weird experience, and one I hope to spend the rest of my cultivating career avoiding. I already miss the lights. LOL!
Thank you Sue, sometimes I forget to breath :circle-of-love::hug:

Looking very well my friend. High RH of 53%? I'd be happy with that, my low is 64% and highs of 78%.
I know the feeling about the mind not being where it should be, I've been like this myself for a couple of days. Well love you man :love:
I would be totally freaking if my RH% got that high, they thought I went "Rambud" on the spider mites, heck they have not seen anything yet. I am totally paranoid about bud rot, I do not see how you can deal with it. Yeah my head is so out of it right now, where we live there is a big farmers field between us and the river. Yesterday morning 10% of the field was under water, today there is 10% dry and the rest is under water. That was 1 day of rain, they are saying we have 3 more days just like that to follow, starting around 5 this evening.
Just got to get through 3 more days and life will be good again i Hope. I love the support that 420 has given me, not only on my grow but as a person as well. I really do love you guys. All of you:circle-of-love:

I wouldn't get too concerned with your RH.
I've not gotten any rot or mold and my numbers are not nearly as good as your.
(now watch - tomorrow morning I'll find budrot in the phone booth). :cheesygrinsmiley:

I wouldn't get too concerned with your RH.
I've not gotten any rot or mold and my numbers are not nearly as good as your.
(now watch - tomorrow morning I'll find budrot in the phone booth). :cheesygrinsmiley:
Please don't I felt bad enough when you got the spider mites. I do not want to be known as the "Cursed" garden

You should be pretty closet harvest aren't you Pita?

Whats this about a Cal/mag def? Youre...(well, we know you arent a 1st time grower) the luckiest 1st time indoor grower... Between aphids and deficiencies...and still have stunning buds to stare at..
:bravo::high-five:
1st time since like 1983 I think was the last grow I did, was about 2 years or so before I married my wife. But in all honesty I was a very small grower and grew mostly crap except the year I lived down in Denver, that year I had some help from a guy I met down there and he knew so much more then I did. So I would say I am the luckiest 1st time indoor grower. I got to meet all of you wonderful people, I have learned a ton from you all, both in gardening and in being a better human being. :love::Namaste:

Please don't I felt bad enough when you got the spider mites. I do not want to be known as the "Cursed" garden

You should be pretty closet harvest aren't you Pita?

Hopefully starting in about a week. I'm playing it by ear at this point.

Back
Top Bottom