Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg

We called hotties "Betty" too. I always assumed it was an Archie reference.
Had an Aunt Betty growing up... round as a house. Actually saw her roll down a sand hill sideways once. So round she couldn't stop the roll. There were four or six young kids laughing their asses off that day with one big round sand covered lady in chase.
My Betty may be constructed of LCD, but I like her curves better.

Shiggityflip you obviously need to go read Teads journal and learn more about "Betty" I could tell you but it just would not be the same. It is one of those a picture says a thousand words kind of moment.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh been to Teads OG seen Betty with more or less clothing lol. I think they need a 3D hologram version haha. Tead I think it was from Archie as you said and I like to think that Betty Page played a part as well. My heart will always have a spot for Betty Page. Pure Vixen!

Day 52 since flipping and not much changing in my favor.
Temp/RH% are still way to high for my liking I know some will say they are not to bad but I would much rather prefer lower.
Highs were 79/57% lows were 68/50%
I still think I will be going another 4 to 11 days before chopping, just playing it one day at a time right now.
I did a minor test on one branch yesterday, took my finger nail and roughed up the skin then marked the branch with a clothespin so I could track it. I really did not see much difference this morning so I got a little more aggressive and did some more areas on the same branch.
I thought today I would not crop all of my photos so you could see the yellowing of the leaves. I believe I may have started my final flush a few days early but the pistils really made me feel I needed to start flushing. Live and learn. I tried taking pictures of the trichomes of the test bud that is on the top of the branch I am testing but my hands are shaking so bad today I could not get 1 clear shot out of like 30 pictures. I did do a video and I can pause the video as it goes into focus, so at least I have a way to check the progress.
So within further ado, lets peek into the flowering tent and see what we have.

This is the branch and bud I am pre-testing before I go all ape #$it on the ladies the last few days.
DSC_13583.jpg
DSC_13595.jpg
DSC_13612.jpg
DSC_09224.jpg

Here is the rest of the garden, yellowing leaves and all.
DSC_13665.jpg
DSC_13575.jpg
DSC_13565.jpg
DSC_13655.jpg
DSC_13553.jpg
DSC_13544.jpg
DSC_13525.jpg
DSC_09214.jpg
DSC_09204.jpg
DSC_09196.jpg
DSC_13623.jpg

I will be writing a lessons learned when I finish up as well as a total yield per plant and over all. I will also be doing a bud wash on all the buds except one cola from each plant which I will be using as a reference. Since I will know which buds are which, I will be having my brother and my neighbor do a blind taste test on both the washed and unwashed buds.
Hope everyone has a great HUMPDAY:circle-of-love:
Sorry about yesterdays update but the area I live in is getting hit with a lot of flooding, land slides, and stuff like that, I live close enough to the Tualitin river I can see it from my front windows. And me with no flood insurance. Was a bit stressful to say the least. Looks like we will be safe though so all is good back in my neighborhood.

Looking good! What's causing the shaking if you don't mind me asking? Also,...... why'd ya scratch her? I wanted to see the results of the backbuilding but I can't really tell from looking at your pics (which are still awesome btw). Thoughts? I'm glad your doing taste test for the washing, I wanted to compare that myself. Good luck! Feel better soon!

Looking good! What's causing the shaking if you don't mind me asking? Also,...... why'd ya scratch her? I wanted to see the results of the backbuilding but I can't really tell from looking at your pics (which are still awesome btw). Thoughts? I'm glad your doing taste test for the washing, I wanted to compare that myself. Good luck! Feel better soon!

To be honest I really do not know what causes it, when I was in my 40's my hands were as steady as a rock, but now i do not have control over them like I use to. My family has been plagued with health issues, I have 2 sisters with MS, I lost 14 inches of my lower intestine back in 2006. Not the best of luck I would say.

I scratched her because I read an article that when the plant is near the end of its life, and insects or animals start eating on the plant, the plant will increase Trichome production to protect the flowers. The insects get stuck on the trichomes. It sounds logical but only time will tell for sure. The reason you do it right at the very end is because you risk having her turn hermie but since they do not turn instantaneous you can do it the last week of life and chop her before she has a chance to pollenate.

As for the bud building, I believe it is not to fatten the buds but to make them more dense. I may be mistaken on that point but that is what I took from what I read about it. The buds are dense, though I have only tested a few since squeezing them does knock trichomes off but the ones I did do were very dense.

I think the only way you can truly know if the bud washing actually improves the smoke is to do a blind smoke test. If you test it yourself, you know which bud is washed and which is not, so you can not be considered a fair and impartial subject. If it does actually work, then my brother and my neighbor should have no issues picking the washed buds, but only I will know which are which.

Thanks for being a friend Mello :circle-of-love:
sorry for the long winded response.

Looking Great OG... :thumb:

For my shakes, I use a tripod or a box to rest on....and if that doesn't work....

3 or 4 beers.....It's 5 O'clock somewhere.... :)
Thanks for the compliment

I actually did put a bar stool in my tent to set the camera on to steady it, but to click the picture I have to physically touch the screen which shakes the iPhone Beers I can do, though 3 or 4 would be my yearly limit. I am not much of a drinker, I would rather smoke MJ but apparently my industry feels that getting shit faced drunk is cool but do not smoke a bowl or we will fire you. Now if they could just get beer to taste like a good Mocha, I may become a lush :rofl:

...and here you live in one of the great micro-brew states.
:surrender: to the beer borg collective :drool:

Interesting you had 14" removed. So did I in 2005. Then I got to go back and have it done all over again. :whoa: :thedoubletake:

Best of luck riding out the storm. Glad things are looking better today. We actually have some sun and blue sky at the moment. More rain on the way, however.

Hey buddy, your crop looks amazing man, we re at about the same stage in grows so it's awesome to hear about all te cool little techniques you incorporate to finish her off, love it!:thumb:Stay safe my friend, maybe get some inertubes around those pots just incase the water makes it your way and maybe a pair of water wings for yourself! We live in a flood plain up here so I m all to familiar with your plight, we're all hoping for the best for you and yours!:Namaste:

Man that is just a wonderland of frost! That's amazing, and the pics are great! Super clear pics!

I have not done any testing but I do believe the trichome production might increase from some light stress in the second half of flowering. But how to measure that is very difficult. I am also going to try some bud building on the upcoming plants. I have to go back and read the details again.

As for the budwashing, if you are not doing any foliar spraying on the buds you may not see Any difference. There will be a difference, but it might not be noticeable. I started doing it cuz I had to spray neem oil and since I always have seedlings and buds close to harvest in the same room everything got sprayed. And Man that need oil is nasty shit. So I washed the buds to make sure it didn't make the smoke bad. Now the added benefit is to wash off my nasty smelling foliar feeding spray and also any PM that may be lingering just waiting to take hold, hair, skin, dust, bug poop, plain old dirt, etc etc. Also I think buds dry faster and more evenly after a wash. Other have reports that as well. I can't explain why at all but it's just one of those things. Anyway, all that said, I am all for bud washing!

OG have you ever drank apple cider vinegar? Its pretty aweful at first but it's supposed to be magical. I do feel a difference in allergy and sinus problems from drinking it but it is also supposed to remedy shaky hands, sore joints, good for skin and blemishes, and a whole list of things. If 90% of it is bs it's worth while for the other 10%. I drink one ounce mixed with about 6 ounces of cold water and chug it down every Morning when I wake up. If nothing else u are wide awake after it lol

I actually did put a bar stool in my tent to set the camera on to steady it, but to click the picture I have to physically touch the screen which shakes the iPhone

If your headphones have a built-in volume control, you can use either of the volume buttons as a shutter release.

:thumb:

Thanks for the compliment

I actually did put a bar stool in my tent to set the camera on to steady it, but to click the picture I have to physically touch the screen which shakes the iPhone Beers I can do, though 3 or 4 would be my yearly limit. I am not much of a drinker, I would rather smoke MJ but apparently my industry feels that getting shit faced drunk is cool but do not smoke a bowl or we will fire you. Now if they could just get beer to taste like a good Mocha, I may become a lush :rofl:

use timer on camera, sit back have a beer or smoke and let camera take the pic itself....:thumb:

They drug test where I work, and I'm in a small town, with more bars than churches, gas stations, and grocery stores put together...so they drink here too... I use to go the a bar for Sunday school, even got a star on the board for perfect attendance...lol

The micro breweries here I believe have coffee flavored, and chocolate beer...anything is possible...

Back
Top Bottom