Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg

Awesome job on the harvest. I know it's a lot of work to make it through a grow to the end. You crushed it.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015
Not sure if I would call it crushing it, but I tickled pink to get this one over with.
Your finished produce looks great! I wish you and yours smooth sailing this holiday season and green gardens in 2016. :Namaste:
Thank you Major Pita, and I wish the same right back at you. Though with all this rain we have been having and the future forecast sailing may not be the best choice of words. :laughtwo: Stay dry, stay warm, stay safe and stay green my friend

I see. How will you be training #3? Since they are so big, I'd say start topping in order to start #4 with a set of clones. After the topping tie some of the taller branches to your desired height. Get them to bush out some. Are you scrogging again? I can't believe you finally finished!! How'd ya feel? Doing it legal and all.
Mello Mello Mello,It is the greatest feeling ever. I never thought I would live so long that I would be able to grow and not fear the long arm of the law.
Not sure yet what I will be doing, that is going to be decided tonight or tomorrow morning. I sed the scrog to make a quick drying rack which was stupid because that ties the SCROG up for 5 days minimum. I may build another either tonight or tomorrow, depends on how the rest of the day goes. Lots of cleaning and organizing still yet to do.

Ok so I took a few pictures of the bottom of the bud washing pail and it sure looks like trichomes to me. I may be wrong, but if all that was put into the water was 1 cup lemon juice and 1 cup baking soda I would love for someone to tell me what I am seeing and why it was so sticky.
It is now dry and no longer sticky but rather hard.
DSC_16481.jpg
DSC_16412.jpg
DSC_16472.jpg
DSC_16402.jpg

Hopefully you can see where I ran my finger across the bottom of the pail when I first drained the pail. My buds still appear to be quiet frosty and I am still hoping that the taste and smoothness of the washed buds justifies do this. Each branch was dunked into and pulled out then dunked back in a minimum of 15 times for close to 30 seconds.

Now here is something I thought was a little weird. I started moving grow #2 into the flower tent and setting everything up today when I saw this. I may have a hermie on my hands though I see no signs of male anywhere on the plant. This strain is no an auto and it is a clone of the Mango I just harvested, yet it has never seen anything but 18/6 lighting schedule. Until this afternoon these gals have only been under fluorescent lights with only blue spectrum bulbs.

DSC_1652.jpg
DSC_16554.jpg
DSC_16571.jpg
DSC_1661.jpg
DSC_1659.jpg

So what do you think? those look like pre flowers to me, in fact I see trichomes already starting to develop on a couple of them.

OG I think those are small leaves with trichomes just a bit mutated. Keep an eye and keep posting pics.

For the residue I would say to scrape some of it up with a razor. by smelling it and feeling it you should know if it is trichomes or just some foliar spray residues from the spider mite stuff or something else. You can even put it on a knife and light from underneath and see if it gives off a hash aroma.

edit, dont use a razor use a spoon, I didnt realize it was plastic.

If it is hash, you could dissolve it in isopropanol and let it evaporate off to leave hash.

OG I think those are small leaves with trichomes just a bit mutated. Keep an eye and keep posting pics.

For the residue I would say to scrape some of it up with a razor. by smelling it and feeling it you should know if it is trichomes or just some foliar spray residues from the spider mite stuff or something else. You can even put it on a knife and light from underneath and see if it gives off a hash aroma.

If it is hash, you could dissolve it in isopropanol and let it evaporate off to leave hash.
Thanks Shiggity, Scrapping it and putting a match to is is going to be the only way to be sure. If it is trichomes, screw it not worth the effort to try and salvage it. Between what I have and what my brother has, I will be making some dry ice bubble hash, then use some buds to break in that Magic Butter machine.

I will be keeping a close eye on that plant, I actually considered just tossing it out since I was not very impressed with the yield I got off the other Mango but waste not want not. Or something like that.

When did you take the clone? Is she was in flower...

I took the top of bagseed 2, that had a fight with 2x4 during her first week in flower. She died, the clone survived. 1 week after i took her head, it started showing hairs, in veg. Freaked me out at first, thought my veg lighting was somehow turnin off after 12hrs. Then i realized...duh!

Thats likely whats going on.?

If I lived close enough I would scrape it for you. I am still living off the scraps of a two year old harvest that ended poorly. You should see some of the dust I have been putting in the bowl!!!
Well it is definitely hash, Granted it has been a while since I last smoked a bowl but that is one small you never forget. I took a few pictures of the scrapings and what it bubble up to once I put a light under the spoon.
Wish you were closer, I would be happy to hook you up, not like I will be using any of it any time soon, christ I need a job. ;)

When did you take the clone? Is she was in flower...

I took the top of bagseed 2, that had a fight with 2x4 during her first week in flower. She died, the clone survived. 1 week after i took her head, it started showing hairs, in veg. Freaked me out at first, thought my veg lighting was somehow turnin off after 12hrs. Then i realized...duh!

Thats likely whats going on.?

That clone is like 8 weeks old, it is a clone of a clone, the clone I took it off I gave away to my brother. This plant has been showing its sex for like 6 weeks now, but it was only 2 white pistils per site, now all of a sudden there are multiple pistils at each site. Just kind of weird is all.
I never thought about a 2x4 for stress, heck I thought the file and the channel locks were extreme. :rofl:

:biglaugh:
Nope, she didnt like it, was a pretty unfair matchup. Broke every single branch/stem down her left side, and broke half from the front and back sides. She took some mighty abuse from my intentional testings, but this accident was far too much.

That is pretty odd with yours. Showing sex isnt that weird but growing more and more pistils... Freaky!

ShiggityFlip, I wish you were close, I'd be happy to gift you some.

OG, I use half the lemon and BS you did and only use room temperature water. I also don't agitate the plants much. Cold water makes the trichomes brittle. Dunno - never had much in the bottom when done.

My clones often show their sex just like yours. My guess is it is their reaction to the stress. It may be their attempt to reproduce when they are threatened. Mine bounced back and veg'd like normal and no hermies.

ShiggityFlip, I wish you were close, I'd be happy to gift you some.

OG, I use half the lemon and BS you did and only use room temperature water. I also don't agitate the plants much. Cold water makes the trichomes brittle. Dunno - never had much in the bottom when done.

My clones often show their sex just like yours. My guess is it is their reaction to the stress. It may be their attempt to reproduce when they are threatened. Mine bounced back and veg'd like normal and no hermies.
I think I will try your method next time.
Perhaps they heard all the screaming coming from the other tent and thought they were next?

Looks Great OG :thumb: 100 times better than my 1st 1st grow, never got to do a grow journal for it....
after a month my mom figured out what was growing in her spider plant and pulled it up.....
40 some years ago...

Good luck in the MoTM....:thumb:

Best wishes to you and yours....

Looks like a green Christmas....
Yes it will be, just a few more days and I will be able to weigh and jar i all up. What a relief that is going to be.
I need to get over and check out your garden, the holiday season sure makes it tough to get everything done I want to.

I've been running the same line of clones for years now. Cloned plants often show sex early... remember, they're starting from the same age as their mother.
Having said that, your clones are showing a lot more than mine normally do. I always see a pistol or two, but not the little clusters your photos show.
Got no words for your potential herm issue. Some strains sure seem much more likely to herm than others. I've been really lucky in that department.

Ok I ran the tests and put the torch to it.
DSC_16652.jpg
DSC_16641.jpg
DSC_16662.jpg
DSC_16721.jpg
DSC_16741.jpg
DSC_1676.jpg
DSC_1677.jpg

If I lived close enough I would scrape it for you. I am still living off the scraps of a two year old harvest that ended poorly. You should see some of the dust I have been putting in the bowl!!!
Granted it has been a few years since I last smoked hash, but that is a smell one does not soon forget. It is hash for sure, was hard to pull a Bill Clinton and not inhale. :rofl: I really wish you were closer, screw the hash I got plenty of bud you could have.
I've been running the same line of clones for years now. Cloned plants often show sex early... remember, they're starting from the same age as their mother.
Having said that, your clones are showing a lot more than mine normally do. I always see a pistol or two, but not the little clusters your photos show.
Got no words for your potential herm issue. Some strains sure seem much more likely to herm than others. I've been really lucky in that department.
She had been showing her sex and had 2 pistils showing for almost 4 weeks, granted once I got closer to harvest I spent less and less time in the veg tent, only because every time I opened the tent I was fearing they would have grown more.
I will be keeping a close eye on that one.

I can send him home with say 8 Oz. and he can swing by and drop 4 off for you, it that will cover you for a bit :thumb::cheesygrinsmiley:

I can't wait for the day that we can mail it coast to coast without regard to any BS laws. Can you imagine what it would be like, every 420 family member mailing small samples of their grows to each other. Never again get bored with your smoke because something different is always in the pipeline. :cheer:

In the mean time...... Mello hides in the bushes.... picking up floor hash. :passitleft: OG tell shiggy he forgot me in his suitcase back home along with all kinds of other smoking devices...... woah wait... shiggy.... this strange aparatus thing isn't a smoking device.... or is it?

hqdefault.jpg

I can't wait for the day that we can mail it coast to coast without regard to any BS laws. Can you imagine what it would be like, every 420 family member mailing small samples of their grows to each other. Never again get bored with your smoke because something different is always in the pipeline. :cheer:
Now that would be cool, the day they legalize it, be ready for a care package coming your way :hug:
In the mean time...... Mello hides in the bushes.... picking up floor hash. :passitleft: OG tell shiggy he forgot me in his suitcase back home along with all kinds of other smoking devices...... woah wait... shiggy.... this strange aparatus thing isn't a smoking device.... or is it?

hqdefault.jpg

1st off Mello you do not have to settle for floor hash in my garden, nothing but my finest buds for you my friend.:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom