Think I Got It This Time, First Time Grower, Indoor, Soil, LED

Hey Kevin thanks for looking and for the nice comments. My tent is 4x4 and I built Scrog around 32x32" to hopefully allow some room to get to the back if needed. I kind of ended up moving Scrog over to left side to allow room for portable A/C on right side (and it barely fit!). I would suggest maybe same size or a little smaller and push it back against back wall to allow a little room around 3 sides to work, water, etc. You still in Veg I assume? If so I'd let her go 5-6 weeks Veg before flip and that 1 girl will fill a 4x4 tent with adequate training I believe. I started with 4, gave away the runt, then came Caitlyn which left me with 2 which produced way more than I thought don't know what I would've done if all 4 made it!
Other than smoke good for at least a year and a halv

Yes I continued FF nutes all the way until 2 week flush. I supplemented with Beastie and ChaChing so no issues there. And no balls on herm that I saw and saw no signs of pollination as no seeds on harvested girl. Don't beat yourself up over it, I think sometimes it could be a strain/pheno thing in lieu of stress/light leaks. Thanks for the kind words I've gotta get that other girl outta the tent , chopped, trimmed, washed and hung tonight. She got an extra 24 hours or darkness because it got late on me and I was hiding from kids. Looking forward to it tho I got some good experience yesterday so hopefully I'll be a little faster!
Thanks David, that is exciting and reassuring that I have all the nutrients for my buds to swell up.

Ya that had to be a genetic thing.

They seem to grow so much on their feed days...

I don't think it pollinated the rest of my plants so I think everything is good.
one of them may have gotten a little, but more research and it's more likely I just bruised the 2 buds that have brownish orange with some mishandling.
At first I feared worst but the pollen sacs didn't have long to grow...a day or two tops.

Thanks again David congrats, and looks awesome!!

Thx Pheno. Wishing you he best the rest of the way. I'm by no means a master but glad to share what limited knowledge I have obtained through my 1st grow if I scan be of any help fire away

Sorry pheno about my question about Veg saw ur fingers shine up W3. Yeah man don't sweat it, all weight will be put on during last 2 weeks do just make sure you let them get ghere

Sorry pheno about my question about Veg saw ur fingers shine up W3. Yeah man don't sweat it, all weight will be put on during last 2 weeks do just make sure you let them get ghere
Ok cool, I was wondering about that too.

Thanks David, I know there are a lot of variables but I'm just glad to see things worked out so well.

That last part, getting them there...come on girls 4-5 weeks to go...if Nirvana is correct about a 7-8 week finish.

Fox farms calls for a flush at the end of the week. I haven't decided yet on this one...I will watch the plants and hope to bring them in for harvest :)

Anyway, I hope that we stay growing and learning from each other!

Absolutely & good luck! You're welcome to bounce anything you want off of me. I've just got the one grow under my belt so no claims to be a master but I'll be happy to share what I do know if you need some help. And yes, I would go ahead and Sledgehammer them at next watering. I didn't do it after Veg as they recommend but I probably will next time. I did do it around the end of week 6, then again at final flush around middle of Week 8 before straight water last 1.5-2 weeks
420-magazine-mobile1810658117.jpg
420-magazine-mobile806772883.jpg
420-magazine-mobile375983807.jpg

Threw a few buds in a jar with hygrometer to see where they were and RH was falling and finally settled at 58% so I jarred them all up with a Boveda62 in each jar and in the bathroom cabinet they went. Cure in on!! BTW, they had 4-5 days on drying racks and paper bags in fridge first
420-magazine-mobile2135235412.jpg

Threw a few buds in a jar with hygrometer to see where they were and RH was falling and finally settled at 58% so I jarred them all up with a Boveda62 in each jar and in the bathroom cabinet they went. Cure in on!! BTW, they had 4-5 days on drying racks and paper bags in fridge first
420-magazine-mobile2135235412.jpg

Beauty, nice harvest man, looking forward to the cured smoke report!

Those buds look really green and super dense. Very nice! I just added one of those far red Leds from G8 to the Vipars to see if I can get my buds to tighten up a bit. I think that COB was a great addition for ya. How many watts was it?

"800" but an el cheapo think it put out an actual 230. Certainty couldn't have hurt but they were rocking under the Diamond XMLs was really impressed with those. That red spectrum of the COBs I'm sure helped tho!

And yes UA, I'm looking forward to the cured report as well!! I can't believe I've been this patient for almost a week without trying to get one of those nugs to smoke regardless of dryness, but I picked up a Zip of OG that was around a week ago for that very reason. It looks/smells like it's going to be pretty special don't wanna rush them. Thanks for the encouragement!

Still slow drying in fridge although not on racks or paper bags anymore I've got them in jars with parchment paper under rings instead of lids. I give them a gentle tumble a few times a day but going to continue this dry until I can jar them with the lids after burp and get a steady 56-62% RH.

Thx UA I can't wait to try a cured one for sure. She smelled unbelievable after I washed and hung them, so hopefully that'll translate into the finished product after they cure

Quick update on weight although not completely dry. When I take jars out of fridge and let them settle to room temp, I'll cap a jar with a small hygrometer inside to check RH and still running up to 72% or so before leveling out but it's only been 8 days since chop and wash so everything seems to be in line I'm assuming since I've read 5-8 days hanging traditionally depending upon trim and 10+?? for the "slow and low" dry. Anyway I'm rambling thanks to said plant.
Results on weight as of today:
365g spread into 8 jars average of

Sorry about that didn't mean to submit but as I was saying, average of 45.625g per Jar or a grand total of just over 13 Zips. Crazy cause it doesn't appear to be that much and I'm sure I'll lose another 5-8% as they finish the dry but I'd be happy with my outcome if they 50% more although I'm sure that's unlikely.
420-magazine-mobile30629306.jpg

Correction:
I just about tore the entire garage apart looking for the 8th jar I swore I had measured until I remembered I had combined 2 of them together a couple days ago and my dumbass measured one of the jars twice SO the bounty is:

308g
7 (the divine #) 1 Qt Mason Jars
11 (exactly?!?!) Wizards
2 Cali OG/Haze ladies harvested
11/16 of an Elbow
=
1 happy 1st time grower

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom