First Time Around

So, the odd man out is just about ready to harvest. 50% of the hairs are red. It's not the biggest thing, but its my first. Are autoflower always this quick?

So, the odd man out is just about ready to harvest. 50% of the hairs are red. It's not the biggest thing, but its my first. Are autoflower always this quick?
I have never had an autoflower strain, but pictures would help...are they sticky to the touch? Do they have a fragrance? HAVE your other plants declared yet?
:reading420magazine::tokin:

So here's an update on my grow. I already harvested the auto flower (no pics) It was small because I was running 6500 k lights due to the NL I'm growing. I ended up with 1 female from 3 seeds I germinated and she's blooming wonderfully. Hope to be done before christmas and working on my second batch. I am learning as I go, changing things as I notice what is easiest/best for them. here she is. She was super cropped and topped. I think I may not due that next time im not sure yet, I'll read up on it. Im' using 2 part flora-nova and the 0-10-10 nute to add density. (started yesterday) I'm hoping for big gains over the next week. I just pruned her inner fan leaves so the bud sites get lots of light (2800k).
tell me what you think.
photo297.JPG
photo_3_50.JPG
photo_2_58.JPG
photo_1_68.JPG

So here's an update on my grow. I already harvested the auto flower (no pics) It was small because I was running 6500 k lights due to the NL I'm growing. I ended up with 1 female from 3 seeds I germinated and she's blooming wonderfully. Hope to be done before christmas and working on my second batch. I am learning as I go, changing things as I notice what is easiest/best for them. here she is. She was super cropped and topped. I think I may not due that next time im not sure yet, I'll read up on it. Im' using 2 part flora-nova and the 0-10-10 nute to add density. (started yesterday) I'm hoping for big gains over the next week. I just pruned her inner fan leaves so the bud sites get lots of light (2800k).
tell me what you think.

Looks like the bubble/drip is growing as expected.:thumb: As your plant spreads and stretches you will find that stripping the plant of MOST of its' shade leafs will get more light to your buds and be very beneficial. I am glad to hear that you are doing that. Sounds to me you are doing the same thing I did/do, read read read.:reading420magazine: I like to top after the third node develops, then after every two nodes. What you get is a nice little bush that you can LST. More buds, tight internodal lengths, and a lot of production out of one or two plants. You might find it beneficial to get a cloner/vegger set-up going to shorten your turn around time. Remember to keep it simple and KEEP READING, look at ALOT of grow journals to find what you want for your set-up. LOOK AT THEIR RESULTS and base your decisions on ALL the research you can absorb.:peace::tokin:

here's a pic of the auto flower. only got around a half dried. I know it was the wrong lighting that did it though. The buds were tiny, It looks much more full in the pic. I harvested when most of the hairs were amber.
photo_4_35.JPG

I took the rest of the leafs off today. I'll get a pic next week when I change the water. Should have some serious growth this week. Oh, I also give the NL a shower each week when I change the nutes, I seem to get a good period of growth the next day. Does anyone else do this?

photo_1_70.JPG
photo300.JPG

Here's what I'm working with as of today. I pulled most of the fan leaves off, trimmed the small branches and changed my nutes and added flora nova kool bloom as well. 1.5 ml per gallon. I am hoping for some explosive growth in the next 2 weeks. All the buds are about nickel sized right now. I think I'm doing pretty good for a first timer. I just wish I would've started some clones. Oh well, I'll get it done next time.

It's really hard not to pull her now. So, once she shows 75% amber pistils do I stop the nutes or is it ok to run nutes up till the day I pull her?

It's really hard not to pull her now. So, once she shows 75% amber pistils do I stop the nutes or is it ok to run nutes up till the day I pull her?

DON'T PULL HER NOW!!! Watch the pistels, compare with other grows that appear similar to yours, but it would be good to get a hand held microscope so that you can look at the trichome production.I have one of those plus a usb one I plug into my computer. You can see the pictures in my last journal. When you are two weeks out from harvest, most people stop feeding nutes. :tokin:

I think I am doing great for a first timer. I do have some yellow spots on the leaves but I adjusted the pH and I'm hoping that fixes things. here are the most recent pics.
photo_9_38.JPG
photo_8_24.JPG
photo_7_26.JPG
photo_6_24.JPG
photo_5_33.JPG
photo_3_53.JPG
photo_2_60.JPG
photo_14_11.JPG
photo_13_17.JPG
photo_12_23.JPG
photo_11_25.JPG
photo_10_32.JPG

Oh, the yellow on the end of the leaves in some of the pics are when she grew overnight right into the light. I didn't realize they could do that.

Does anyone else sit with there plants and just hang out? I sit in my closet (get the jokes out of the way now) and just spend time watching them and sort of meditating.

So, can you take a look at these and let me know if they're ready? I know I'm supposed to look at the tricomes but I've done this and don't know if they're clear or cloudy. They look mostly cloudy to me. I can't get any better pics cuz all I have is my 1phone.
photo_6_25.JPG
photo_5_34.JPG
photo_4_38.JPG
photo_2_61.JPG
photo_3_54.JPG

Oh, I also had a calcium deficency going on. It made the leafs brittle and dry. The new growth looks nice and green. I think I had nute lockout due to a low pH. I have a 10x jewlers scope and it just doesn't seem strong enough.

So, can you take a look at these and let me know if they're ready? I know I'm supposed to look at the tricomes but I've done this and don't know if they're clear or cloudy. They look mostly cloudy to me. I can't get any better pics cuz all I have is my 1phone.
photo_6_25.JPG
photo_5_34.JPG
photo_4_38.JPG
photo_2_61.JPG
photo_3_54.JPG
These are looking pretty tastey! +reps! for asking alot of the right questions. How many days have they been in flower mode? They look like they are real close if not ready. If you have a computer I would highly recommend purchasing a USB microscope. Check out the pictures in my indoor outdoor experiments or go to my gallery and check out the micro shots! :cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Thanks for always answering. I know others here know more than I do, I love picking peoples brains. I can't wait for my next batch of feminized seeds get here. I got a great deal on the fems or I wouldn't have got them. 5 AK 48's from nirvana. I wish I could afford a 600 w MH/HPS for this next grow, but that will follow soon. I just picked up a 5x5x8 tent. I think that's a great deal so I couldn't pass it up. I have no room for it yet, but I will make room. HAHAHA. I think this may just be a completed journal. I'll fill in the weights once dry.

Back
Top Bottom