Ganja_smoker's Hydroponic Grow Journal

Do you trim before cutting the plant up, or after? I've seen videos of the breeders in Holland trimming on the plant, and then harvesting the buds. That method looks pretty efficient.

Great looking buds - nice harvest! :cool:

I like to cut off one branch at a time, leaving the rest of the plant standing. I start from the top and work my way down. I've seen people who chop the whole plant down. I don't think it makes any difference.

Harvest Report Round 1

The buds hung up to dry for a few days then they sat in paper bags for a couple more days. I trimmed the buds off the stems and placed them into mason-jars last night. Final count was 17 quart-sized jars. I graded all the bud and jarred it up according to grade - A B C D F. I couldn't give any of my buds lower than a C. I gave the really nice top buds A's and A+'s the buds on lower brances got lower grades.

11-03-07_harvest.jpg

3 Jars of A+
2 Jars of A
2 Jars of A-
1 Jar of B+
3 Jars of B
4 Jars of B-
2 Jars of C (not shown in photo)​
I'll weigh everything in a few days and do Round 2. My guess is that there's about 10 oz.

:bongrip:

VEG UPDATE

veg_11-04-07.jpg

These clones are about 3 weeks old. I want to start flowering them in the next few days. Last time, I let them get too big before starting to flower and they grew too tall for the space. It will be interesting to see what happens this time.

I bought a new bulb for my HPS - Hortilux Enhanced Spectrum 400 watt Super HPS - $99 at my local hydro store. I'll be using it to flower these babies.

:bong:

HARVEST REPORT ROUND 2

Jar...Weight....Grade
1......15.8......A+
2......32.1......A+
3......28.0......A+
4......22.5......A
5......10.9......A
6......25.5......A-
7......17.0......A-
8......21.5......B+
9......22.3......B
10.....21.9......B
11.....25.6......B
12.....20.6......B-
13.....18.4......B-
14.....19.8......B-
15.....12.2......B-
16.....18.2......C
17.....17.3......C

bud3_11607.jpg

bud_11607.jpg

bud2_11607.jpg

Total 349.6 grams.

I have not smoked any of this bud yet. I'm still working on the last batch and I saved the best for last. Harvest Report Round 3 will be a smoke report.

:peace:

Im speechless,great fucking job,congrats on your harvest im sure youll keep on harvesting more beauties.Keep On Trucking.

Day 19

day19_4c.jpg

Not much new to say about the grow. The weather is cooler nowadays, so the growrooms are staying in the low 70s during the day and down to the low 60s at night. Everything is looking good.

:bong:

Ganja, I just went back through your whole jounral, awesome! Did you have expirence with growing beforehand or is this sucess from scratch?

Ganja, I just went back through your whole jounral, awesome! Did you have expirence with growing beforehand or is this sucess from scratch?

This is from scratch. I did my research before starting anything. The best piece of information I had to go on was the "I Grow Chronic" video. (do a search for "I Grow Chronic" and you'll find it)

This is from scratch. I did my research before starting anything. The best piece of information I had to go on was the "I Grow Chronic" video. (do a search for "I Grow Chronic" and you'll find it)

Wonderful Job! You've solidified my desire to go HID even in a smaller set-up.

Back
Top Bottom