Ganja_smoker's Hydroponic Grow Journal

Wonderful Job! You've solidified my desire to go HID even in a smaller set-up.

thanks.....what's the point in growing unless you're gonna do it right?

For the size of my flowering room, the 400 watt HPS seems to be the right light. I think going any smaller, like a 250 watt hps, would be coming up short in light output. And, I think going any bigger in this size room would be too much. The heat from the 400 watt HPS is hard to deal with in the hot summer months, but lately it's been perfect.

:smokin:

Ventilation
Right now, I have a total of 6 fans running. At times this summer, I had 9 fans going plus my air-conditioning.

I have a fan at the bottom in the back of each room pointed up that's on all the time to circulate the air. There is a fan outside of the flower room pointed in at the plants.

I also have two 4 inch duct fans....

I cut a circular hole in the side of the flower room for each of them. They fit perfectly from the outside. You just push them through and hook a duct up to them. One is up at the top to suck out warm air and the other is hooked up to my light.

I also have four 20 inch fans

I used all of them in the summertime. ($11 each at walmart) I screwed hooks into the top of the doorways so I could attach the fans. I turn the fan at the top to blow the air out of the growroom. I use two of them in my veg room right now. The door on the growrooms are separated into three parts...top, middle and bottom. I have a fan at the bottom and top and keep the middle door shut so the air sucks in at the bottom and out the top.

:thedoubletake:

Here's a photo of the growrooms. The Veg room door is shut and the fans are circulating the air. The fan at the bottom blows air into the growroom and the fan at the top blows air out of the growroom. Sometimes I have the door open and a fan directly on the plant(s).
growroom12307.jpg
You can see the way the doors are each split into 3 parts so I can have different fan configurations.

The side of the growroom has a couple of duct fans......
ductfans12307.jpg
One of them is hooked up to the HPS light and the other is not being used right now, since the weather is cooler now. They are both blowing out of the growroom.

:cool:

Awsome grow journal. Very detailed. Could you please post what nutes you use and how much you add per gallon of water. Also please do you adjust PH and PPM of your nutrients. Do you add any Bloom boosters. It would be very helpful.....Thanks...:cool:

Awsome grow journal. Very detailed. Could you please post what nutes you use and how much you add per gallon of water. Also please do you adjust PH and PPM of your nutrients. Do you add any Bloom boosters. It would be very helpful.....Thanks...:cool:

I'm using the FLORA SERIES™ nutrients from General Hydroponics. No boosters or additives.

The instructions are right on the bottles. I follow the measurements for "Vegetative Growth Stage" in my veg room and I follow the "Blooming and Ripening" measurements for the flower room. You can also mix a mild strength formula for your clones.

Each reservior for the hydro systems holds ten gallons. I change the bud nutrient solution once a week and the veg nutes get changed about every 2 weeks. I really don't check my pH levels very often. Ever since I started using reverse-osmosis filtered water, the pH has always been perfect when I've checked it, so I have slacked off in that department.

:smokin:

Day 60

day60_1408-2.jpg

day60_1408.jpg

The buds are looking and smelling great. I'll be harvesting this crop in the next few days.
I started them on fresh water (no nutrients) on Monday. New fresh water on Tuesday. Thursday I gave them fresh water with clearex added. Today fresh water again..........
They're flushed pretty well now, so I can harvest at any time. I'll give them a few more days, up to a week, but I don't think I'll be able to wait any longer than that!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom