LED Trinity Grow - Round 1

6 Days till Harvest, I can't freakin wait!!!

I'm going today to check up on the girls and start Flush on my second closet this morning. Updates and pics later today.;)

With your first harvest so close it was time to go back and browse your journal from the beginning. You've done an outstanding job of documenting the grow, Stealth. I'm excited to see the harvest and can only imagine how pumped you must be. You've done yourself proud.

Totally awesome grow, Stealth. You've done an awesome job with your journal. It addresses a lot of curiosity about LEDs as well!

I have a Kessil H350 LED (Magenta) that I've been dying to try out but I know that the coverage is limited to probably one plant. So I'm going to do a grow under that light and see how things go. If the results are good I'll probably pick up a few more Kessils. Otherwise I'll probably buy the same panels that came in your Supercloset. What with the proof being in the pudding and all that.

:goodjob:

-Sniff

Totally awesome grow, Stealth. You've done an awesome job with your journal. It addresses a lot of curiosity about LEDs as well!

I have a Kessil H350 LED (Magenta) that I've been dying to try out but I know that the coverage is limited to probably one plant. So I'm going to do a grow under that light and see how things go. If the results are good I'll probably pick up a few more Kessils. Otherwise I'll probably buy the same panels that came in your Supercloset. What with the proof being in the pudding and all that.

:goodjob:

-Sniff

Thanks Mr.Sniffles, I'm glad you found my journal "enlightening". ;) LED's are definitly the way to go IMO.
I'm hopefully going to expand in the new year to a 5 x 9 tent and I'm in the market for a new LED light or 2. There are many :420:site sponsors that sell a variety of different kind, sizes etc... of LED lights so I would suggest you really do your homework.
Good luck.

Hi again everyone, Its time for another quick update 3 days into flush.
Buds are looking great, 6 days till the big chop. ;)

Today's Stats
Day 64 since flip to 12/12, Day 3 of flush.
PPM= 100
PH= 5.8
Air Temp= 69F
Water Temp= 63F
RH= 45%

The Ladies.

IMG_003053.JPG

IMG_003141.JPG

IMG_003243.JPG

IMG_003342.JPG

IMG_003442.JPG

IMG_003739.JPG

IMG_003541.JPG

IMG_003839.JPG

IMG_003936.JPG

IMG_004131.JPG

IMG_004438.JPG

IMG_004637.JPG

That's it for another update and pretty much the last update before harvest. I plan on chopping both closets next weekend and transplanting the clones into their new homes, Its going to a busy weekend. I will take picks of all the plants individually as I take them out of the closet, you never know, I might have a POTM nomination. ;)
Until the next harvest update, stay medicated my friends.

:rollit:

3 days after the start of the flush and they still haven't lost much food yet. they do look good, but you gotta let em yellow out to the buds!

3 days after the start of the flush and they still haven't lost much food yet. they do look good, but you gotta let em yellow out to the buds!

Hi b.real, they still have 6 days till harvest, I'm really hoping that's enough time, cause the weekend is the only time I really have to harvest and trim etc.. I can't do it easily during the week, to many family responsabilities, so I'm really hoping to harvest next Saturday. Thanks for the compliments. ;)

Wow!...Looking great stealth.

Almost harvest time:party:

Clones look great too...plus reps for a great grow:thumb:

Thanks for the reps, and the compliments Jay. The clones are doing great, the widow is really opening up and spreading out with the LST I've been doing on her and the Kush's are doing great also. The roots are getting long on all of them, the transplant is a couple weeks overdue, oh well. :) I'm just gonna have to be real careful transplanting them into the bigger net pots for the large reservoir.
Thanks again.

Welcome to the party Dank, your not late, your right on time for the best part of the whole freakin grow;)
I should have some preliminary stats this Saturday afternoon.

Stealth,

Love the setup, I've probably read the journal through three times now and am very curious as to how you do a complete water change when the plants get to a larger size and the roots have some significant length to them. I have 4 little guys (Approx 3-4in tall) in my Supercloset Superstar cabinet and it just seems like a very delicate and complicated process.

Hi mainframe.
Thanks for checking out my grow and reading through it.;)
I find it very easy to change the water out of the reservoir, I don't even really lift the lid until I refill it. I use the pump in my reservoir, the same one that feeds the top feed lines. It has a drain line that you can turn on and off and I drain the reservoir into empty 5 gal jugs.
There are some pics of the drain lines earlier in my journal. I leave the drain line sticking out one of the empty netcup holes for easy access. That way I don't have to lift the lid to much.
I can never drain the reservoir completely, there is usually about 5% left that the pump can't get.
If you do need to lift the lid just try not to move the plants around to much, but they are pretty sturdy once they get big.

You can see in this pic I'm draining the larger closet into a 5 gal jug. You can also see the hose in the smaller closet sticking out of one of the holes. It has the blue knob to turn it on and off.

IMG_004037.JPG

If you have any more question don't hesitate to ask, I'm always willing to help.;)

Ya I have the same drain component, the issue I'm going to have is the Superstar comes with 2 x reservoirs and they're not very high off the ground, not a huge issue, I will most likely just use a plastic tote bin for draining. As for filling back up do you use a funnel of some sort or are you able to use the water jug to pour directly in?

Glad to hear you haven't drained it completely, I was concerned about grime building up inside it and having to wash and dry it before filling it back up. I'm using pH Perfect Connoisseur base atm until I get some foliage going then I'll be adding in some supp nutrients and hopefully see some radical growth.

Hi everyone. ;)
I went tonight to flip the lights off for good on both grows. I plan on harvesting this Saturday, so the girls are gonna stay in the dark until then. I've heard that a dark period before harvest is good for trichomb production in the last days.
I wasn't gonna do an update cause there's really not much info to share, but I couldn't resist getting a few pics. The White Widow is getting very frosty. The Hash tip on the top of the Master Kush cola is turning pink, a very beautiful flower. When I look at the tip under the microscope its just a bunch of tricombs, thousands of tiny little tricombs. ;)

Speaking of tricombs, they are about 99%milky but I was still only able to see a couple amber ones here or there. I don't mind at all cause I prefer a more cerebral high, then couch lock anyway.

I've been leaving the window open at night in the grow room and the temps are getting pretty chilly. I'm noticing a little purplish hue in the Master Kush. Its not normally a purple hue strain but due to the chilly temps I guess she's turning to fall colors. I can't wait to harvest and get these buds under some normal light so I can see the colors properly.

No Stats, Here are the girls.
IMG_000486.JPG

MK
IMG_000588.JPG

WW
IMG_001060.JPG

MK
IMG_001350.JPG

WW
IMG_001557.JPG

WW
IMG_001754.JPG

MK
IMG_002153.JPG

MK
IMG_002252.JPG

MK
IMG_002558.JPG

MK
IMG_002752.JPG

MK
IMG_002947.JPG

Here's a pic of the MK flower I mentioned.
IMG_003244.JPG

Here's the next generation. After I harvest this weekend, I'm going to sanitize the closets with water and H2O2 and start over.
The White widow is on the left side of the cloner and she's huge, almost as big as the other clones put together. All the clones are doing really well, and I can tell that as soon as I transplant them and give them a light feeding they will take off.
IMG_000389.JPG

Here's the 1 WW clone, She looks like 2 or 3 of the other clones.
IMG_000179.JPG

IMG_000287.JPG

That's all for tonight, harvest in 2 more days.:yahoo:
Update and more pics then.

Back
Top Bottom