20 years in the Making HaHa! First Time Grow Multiple Mediums

Joe Shipman

Well it has been a long time coming! Recently retired servicemember looks like I'm gonna have some time on my hands, need a hobby hmmmm what to do what to do? HAHAHAHA this is going to be a long journal as I am in the process of moving so might have to start and stop. As we speak I have 4 very small plants started in soil from just bag seed. Wanted to see if i could germinate and get them started. I have (in storage) a bubble system that I plan on using along with CFL's it is the system from SH. But right now due to circumstances cant get full system up and running as I will be moving. I put together a little light frame for my CFL's which I will share as soon as I can figure out how to post photos. I have visited several sites on the net liked this one the best for journals.

Stats for current setup

Strain and Amount: unknown/4
Medium: Soil (MG organic)
Nutes: (currently just standard MG Plant Food)
Light: 4 X CFL / 100W (23w) 6500K

Now I am well aware that at first glance it would appear that I have learned nothing from what I read here haha. I just wanted to first see if I could germinate some seed and get them past the 2 week mark without breaking the bank. For seeds I have procured some (AF Northern Light) also (Snow White and Lemon Skunk) But want to wait before I start using those so that I know what the hell Im doing. Anyway gonna see if i can get some pics on here.

(anyone have a guess what GBNT stands for hahaha)

laters:wood:

Re: 20 years in the making HAHA!!! first time grow multiple mediums

hey man welcome to the site. :ganjamon: You choose correctly. This is the best place for quality information and affable members that will make your grow alot more enjoyable.
:goodluck:

gold bar nature trails
:peacetwo:

thanks spoons well lets see if I can get some pics loaded trying to figure this out not sure im going to the right place to access all this stuff haha

so here is what is going right now these girls are about 10 - 12 days along the little frame is just some pvc and zip ties

IMG_000529.JPG
IMG_000817.JPG
IMG_000717.JPG
IMG_000620.JPG
IMG_000430.JPG
IMG_000232.JPG

:slide:

Ok well here are some new pics these are the girls 2 days after transplant 1 is obviously the strongest of the bunch. I think I damged the others a little during transplant. I gave them a good dose of water tonight and tilled the dirt a good bit, also they are rotating onto the porch a little in the afternoon sun. Too late in the year to harden them off to plant outdoors, just playing around with these to kinda learn how to grow. May make gifts of a couple.

Have an extended trip coming up not sure what the out come of that is gonna be with these plants will have to see. It is however too important to miss I will get some pics on here and you will understand why hahaha. If I didnt say so in the previous post any and all comments welcome. Will probably wait and try to give a few days before any more pics. See if the other 3 catch up.

Laters :smokin:

IMG_002015.JPG
IMG_001918.JPG
IMG_001815.JPG
IMG_001719.JPG
IMG_001518.JPG

Well looks like the massage and drinks got all the girls woke up!! hehehe Everyone looks better this morning. The strongest of the plants I'm not sure if anyone can see it but the fan leaves have an asymetrical kink to them kinda funky looking anyone know what that is? Will get some more pics on here probably sunday morning.

Later

:smokin:

imo-
Still look too young for food. Plenty already in the soil for a good start. With little babies in soil, I use plain water for first few weeks.

Hi SnowBender
You may be on to something there because when I worked with them last night they got just water. Probably leave them off nutes this week and see where it goes. They are approx 14 days old right now. Thanks for the heads up, as I said earlier im just starting into this so all advice is welcome.

Later

Hello

Well I was gonna wait till later in the week but the girls looked so happy I couldnt resist. That and im bored and sampling something nice :smokin: The girls definitely like their time on the porch. I say girls no signs yet, I have to leave in about 6 days, trying to decide what to do. even though just bag seeds seems a shame to just let them go, may adopt them out :slide: Anyone know what that weird little bent leaf is? Just seems odd.

This journal may turn into a practice run for everything like pics, and posting so that when i get started I wont be behind. Plus considering building a cabinet indoors may be fun to document that.

so here they are hope you like

IMG_002811.JPG

IMG_00348.JPG

IMG_002512.JPG

IMG_003010.JPG

Hey man thanks for stopping by yeah they seemed to have recovered nicely. Well the one never did slow down but I think I damaged the others when I transfered them.

Cant wait to get started on the AF (Northern Light) seeds I have but have to get a few things in order first. picked up that Accu Rite thermometer like yours today. Slowly starting gather all my little tools so I can be prepared when this all starts.

:cool:

later

Well I was gonna stay off here today but what the hell I'm bored. Not to mention a little inspiration was found!!

IMG_00459.JPG

So The babies had long turn on the porch today. Hopefully I will be able to find some homes for them if they turn out to be girls. Other than that not alot to update. Still figuring things out on this site like signatures, pics, checking out some more journals. Trying to have as much info before I start but I cant wait getting excited! Have to move first and get situated. Anyway here are some pics of the babies

IMG_00369.JPG

IMG_003711.JPG

laters

a little inspiration was found!!

Lol -Thats what my mom calls pot. As in "Lets have a little inspiration.":grinjoint:

Nice looking plants!

Hey thanks man! Yeah they are doing good how long does it take for sex to start showing what is it like 20 to 30 days? I have had alot of time to fuss over them haha it has been fun.

~3 weeks, its gets easier to spot sex earlier as you get more grows under your belt and get to know your strain(s).

So I decided to do a little experiment. :morenutes: hehe Going to cull the herd so to speak. Keeping the biggest of the 4 and will place under my little quick fix chandelier of CFL's to see how she reacts. Will be leaving this location next week so will only get to see about 4 days worth of growth. The other 3 I am going to try and give to a friend they are in great shape. Might keep the big one not sure yet. My situation is a little weird in that I am a little out of sorts, still getting work sorted out and moving.

I wont be able to completely devote my self to a full time grow till realistically Jan time frame. So I suppose this Grow Journal is becoming a test run kinda like growing these plants from bag seed. maybe I jumped the gun a little, but I have a learned alot and feel it will greatly impact the success of my first dedicated grow.

At my new location trying to decide between fabricating a grow cabinet or going with a pre-fab type tent. Also After looking on here and doing this little ad-hoc grow with bag seed, I may use soil for my first grow. (bubble system in storage brand new). I am leaning towards building a cabinet, I think this journal will be a good place to document that. Lots of questions still unanswered so I have some work to do.

Anyway enough of me blathering here are some pics

also had some folks comment on the pics thank you very much

everyone :thumb::thumb:

Just because its a pretty pic

IMG_00596.JPG

This is the plant I am keeping see what the growth change is under the lights by itself.

IMG_00569.JPG

Ahemmm!!! Excuse me

IMG_00547.JPG

Will check back in after some time let you know how the big girl does alone.

later

Well last day on the porch for these babies, looks like they will find a home yay!!! I leave tommorow going to new location and going on trip as well. I am amazed at how these plants with a little fussing some water andf light and they are off to the races!!! After doing this little grow I think my first run is going to be done with dirt, seems like it is alot more forgiving. Anyway I do have one question if anyone would like to help. I will show some plants in the following pics. Remember the biggest plant I had? Changed the positioning of the lights so that it was in the middle recieving more than the others. Also gave them a good watering last night with a 1/2 ratio of nutes. The food is 10-15-10. Any guesses on why she is so droopy this morning or am I seeing something that isnt there? Any suggestions or comments are welcome. They are in small pots but havent been in long enough to get root bound I dont think anyway. They are approx 21 days old

Droopy

IMG_00809.JPG

IMG_008110.JPG

the rest of the crew looks very healthy

IMG_008412.JPG

IMG_008213.JPG

Anyway thats the pics for now. I am going to leave this thread open till I get back with pics and am ready to start the new grow. Talk to everyone soon, you will love the new pics!!!!! hehehe cant wait

Oh and btw the big plant before she got droopy jumped almosty 3 inches in height under the CFL's now I read where CFL's can make a plant get leggy and spindly anyone looking at the pics if you see evidence of that let me know. I was impressed with the growth may tweak my little chandelier and put some 65 watt (300w equivalent) in the frame see how they react.

Back
Top Bottom