My First Grow Journal - DWC - 90W LED UFO

Ok, there are 2 males and 2 females :D Something I forgot to mention was that before switching to 12/12I took 2 clones of each plant, so in the near future I can keep a perpetual growing.

I took out males of the growing tent today and installed the scrog screen with the 2 females. But there is a little problem with the scrog I can´t reach the end of the tent :S so I have to slip under the net to reach the back side and manipulate the plants :S That was difficult.

And here are some pics:
IMG_57161.JPG
IMG_57183.JPG
IMG_57192.JPG
IMG_57202.JPG
IMG_57212.JPG

These were the males, I have to admit, I got sad when I was cutting them down... the good thing is that I made some tea with the leafs mixed with some old weed that I have. :D
IMG_57231.JPG
IMG_57242.JPG
IMG_5728.JPG
IMG_57292.JPG

Nice set up... the issue you have with your tent and the scrog (reaching the back) is why I did not install one. I just tie, bend and ancor. I'll be watching to see how you like it

Sorry guys I have been busying but here is a small update:

Today is the day 13 of flowering (day 22 after the 12/12 switch). On day 7 of flowering I did a general defoliation and from that day I have been doing eventually some defoliation. I decided to keep the scrog but did some cuts and shortened the plastic frame. I haven´t changed my res but planning to do it next weekend.

Here are some pics: :smokin:
IMG_57212.JPG
IMG_57752.JPG
IMG_57771.JPG
IMG_57781.JPG
IMG_57801.JPG
IMG_57821.JPG
IMG_57842.JPG
IMG_57851.JPG
IMG_5804.JPG
IMG_58072.JPG
IMG_58093.JPG
IMG_58101.JPG
IMG_58132.JPG
IMG_58122.JPG
IMG_58053.JPG

I hope you have enjoyed the pics. :smokin:

Keep up the good work man! Looking forward to seeing some updated pics soon, think your plants are around 7 days ahead of mine (flowering wise). :goodjob:

Thanks man! Every time I see little nuggets like this it gives me feeling that the cannabis is some kind of an alien plant. :D
Today is the 20th day of flowering so you are in you second week, right?. As an other user said "you have a rain forest right there"! :surf: Keep up the good work you too.

Thanks man! Every time I see little nuggets like this it gives me feeling that the cannabis is some kind of an alien plant. :D
Today is the 20th day of flowering so you are in you second week, right?. As an other user said "you have a rain forest right there"! :surf: Keep up the good work you too.

Thanks for the feedback man!! yep I'm on day 14 right now. + reps to ya

Hi sorry for the lack of updates:

This weekend finally did the res change. :S One of my res and roots wast infested with mosquitoes and larvae of mosquitoes. Was disgusting but those are the consequences of not cleaning/changing every 2 or 3 weeks the res. Lesson learned. I have to cut the 75% to the roots :s Damn that shit hurts! Anyway, I have to live with that decision, I just hope I didn´t shit in my crop. Another thing I did, took of the scrog. Was too difficult to reach the back side of the grow tent. Oh I almost forget to say this, yesterda I have added some sugars and vanilla flavor enhancer.

Some pics - Day 27 of flowering (3 days ago):
IMG_59202.JPG
IMG_5923.JPG
IMG_59282.JPG
IMG_59293.JPG
IMG_59303.JPG
IMG_59271.JPG
IMG_59262.JPG

Hey guys, sorry I was a little bit busy with other stuff but here I am with an update…

The lasts weeks were some kind of difficult I did some experiments the girls. Vanilla and Strawberry flavor enhancer was a very bad idea I almost killed my plants (It would be better to use them in the last week of flushing) :S Nevertheless I have learned a lot and now I know what I don´t have to do :p. Fortunately could save them!

Well, the girls are on week 7. I have checked on Nirvana´s website the flowering period and they state that it’s possible to cut them down on week 7 thru week 9. What I will do now is to give them 1 more week with nuts and the last week I will flush them.
Btw I cut, dry and cure a few nugs like 3 weeks ago and damn! That stuff is really good! I am very happy with what I have achieved although I have done wrong things. Let’s see how much I can harvest from this 2 plants, I believe that will be at least a 3 - 5 oz in total. Let´s see what’s happen.

Here are some pics.
IMG_59742.JPG
IMG_59512.JPG
IMG_59544.JPG
IMG_59563.JPG
IMG_59571.JPG
IMG_59591.JPG
IMG_59602.JPG
IMG_61371.JPG
IMG_61391.JPG
IMG_61381.JPG
IMG_6140.JPG
IMG_61412.JPG
IMG_61422.JPG
IMG_61432.JPG

you need a 30x jewelers loop in order to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. most people harvest at 5%-30% amber trichomes. harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

you need a 30x jewelers loop in order to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. most people harvest at 5%-30% amber trichomes. harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

https://www.google.com search 30x jewelers loop

Thanks KJC! I will order one of those!

Recently I have just chopped down a few branches and these are the nugs.

As KJC said I need a jewelers loupe to see the trichomes but right now I don´t have any. Based on what you are seeing in the pics below what are your guesses/suggestions? Do I have to harvest right now or don´t? It is possible to determine that just by seeing the pics?
Thanks.

IMG_6158.JPG
IMG_6162.JPG
IMG_6163.JPG
IMG_6166.JPG
IMG_6171.JPG
IMG_6172.JPG
IMG_61741.JPG
IMG_61752.JPG
IMG_61771.JPG

Without a magnifier to see the trics, you can never say for sure, but old school would tell you that if you're still getting more white pistils than orange/red/brown/etc... you probably still have some time to wait. Radioshack carries 60-100x handheld microscopes for 12 - 20$ or so and fleabay and the big rainforest mall have some real cheap ones, but the radio shack one is working better for me so far.

:Namaste:

Without a magnifier to see the trics, you can never say for sure, but old school would tell you that if you're still getting more white pistils than orange/red/brown/etc... you probably still have some time to wait. Radioshack carries 60-100x handheld microscopes for 12 - 20$ or so and fleabay and the big rainforest mall have some real cheap ones, but the radio shack one is working better for me so far.

Thank you runwulfsong :Namaste:

Here is a small update. I have decided to wait a few more weeks because of the white white hair that stills have the buds and also because I read here in the forum that some Nirvana´s NL can even take to 18 weeks in flowering! I I have already ordered a jeweler loupe :D so will keep a closer look to the trics in order to determine when to harvest.

Here are a few pics - Today is day 56 of week 9:
IMG_61962.JPG
IMG_61973.JPG
IMG_61984.JPG
IMG_61993.JPG
IMG_62001.JPG
IMG_62034.JPG
IMG_62042.JPG
IMG_62052.JPG
IMG_62062.JPG
IMG_62083.JPG
IMG_62092.JPG
IMG_62101.JPG
IMG_62132.JPG
IMG_62142.JPG
IMG_62153.JPG
IMG_62161.JPG

What fantastic looking plants! Good God do they get me excited. Great work. I'm interested in the Jewelers loupe you ordered. I just got one(it was dirt cheap thankfully) that was absolutely garbage. It's specs were listed at x30/50 IIRC, wasn't even close to the magnification I needed. I should've known, for the price.

It may seem like overkill, but I was thinking about picking up a cheap

720634608563_p0_v2_s260x420.jpg

off ebay, or another one of the companies similar items. I wouldn't pay 60-70$ for it, but for 5-25$, I think it would be effective. I know a friend got one at some sort of garage sale for his child for 15$, thing was really cool.

What fantastic looking plants! Good God do they get me excited. Great work. I'm interested in the Jewelers loupe you ordered. I just got one(it was dirt cheap thankfully) that was absolutely garbage. It's specs were listed at x30/50 IIRC, wasn't even close to the magnification I needed. I should've known, for the price.

Hey Soviet long time no "see"! thanks! These plants also get me excited! :D

It may seem like overkill, but I was thinking about picking up a cheap

720634608563_p0_v2_s260x420.jpg

off ebay, or another one of the companies similar items. I wouldn't pay 60-70$ for it, but for 5-25$, I think it would be effective. I know a friend got one at some sort of garage sale for his child for 15$, thing was really cool.

I bought this jewelers loupe and you can use it with you iphone I have tried it and works decently. I need some practice to take better shots but it allows me to do the job. It cost me under $20 and you can use it with or without you iphone. Hope the info helps you.

Here are some pics of the trichomes:
IMG_62271.JPG
IMG_62292.JPG
IMG_62301.JPG
IMG_62322.JPG
IMG_62342.JPG
IMG_62362.JPG
IMG_6237.JPG
IMG_6238.JPG
IMG_6239.JPG

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom