Northern Light Auto - LED UFO 90W + LED 20W - Soil - 2nd Grow

DAY 40

LIGHTS ON
image22964.jpg

LIGHTS OFF
image22965.jpg

Hey guys, Hope y'all having a great week :)

Here's a little update of what's up in my garden so far ! No big changes for the older baby, it seems like the crystals are taking a long time to form and have a bushy pistil top.. I am wondering if it's because of my current light cycle which is 18on/6off ?

As you can see i spot a little place for the new baby that spouted last night. Looks totally different from the first seed, the leaves are a lot darker and she's growing tall looking for light. I don't know how to solve that problem since my 11L container is taking most of the place ..

Any advices from growers across the world are welcomed,
Peaaace

:Namaste:

As you can see i spot a little place for the new baby that spouted last night. Looks totally different from the first seed, the leaves are a lot darker and she's growing tall looking for light. I don't know how to solve that problem since my 11L container is taking most of the place

Subbed up brother. Sounds like this little lady has taken you on quite the adventure.

If your lights are set high enough for your mature plant, then they will be too high for your seedling. It will continue to stretch to get a decent amount of light. Inverse Square Law of Light comes into effect here when we are dealing with two different size plants and one light source. If your mature plant is set at say 12" from the light and your seedling is 24" from the light, then your seedling is only receiving 1/4 of the lumens that your mature plant is receiving.

I would take that newly purchased CFL and put it about 2" above the seedling. It will do much better there than what is offering your mature plant.

Subbed up brother. Sounds like this little lady has taken you on quite the adventure.

If your lights are set high enough for your mature plant, then they will be too high for your seedling. It will continue to stretch to get a decent amount of light. Inverse Square Law of Light comes into effect here when we are dealing with two different size plants and one light source. If your mature plant is set at say 12" from the light and your seedling is 24" from the light, then your seedling is only receiving 1/4 of the lumens that your mature plant is receiving.

I would take that newly purchased CFL and put it about 2" above the seedling. It will do much better there than what is offering your mature plant.

Hey Dan ! Thanks the kind words bro :) Yes this lady did take me on some adventures with the lights fallin on her couples times ... Everything seems back to normal (safe) now, so just like said in the comments above; let the "business" end !
Thank you for the knowledge about the lumens diminishing depending on the light length, I did not know about it.. I will take care of that advice from now on !
Peaace

:Namaste:

coming along nicely :thumb:

coming along nicely :thumb:
Thanks maaaan :) Your skunk are looking amazing, nice trim ! Hopefully will get a laaaarge harvest by the end of the grow.
Gooood luck :woohoo:

Even though mine has bud sites it looks when yours pop out yours will have waaaaaay more then mine. What light schedule are you on? I was gonna wait for you to start germ on another seed but now your ahead of me. Lol booo
Let's hope it will ! I am on the same light schedule as you, 18/6 at the moment. Thinking about switching it to 12/12 though cause i have a few pistils around the plant but no buds appearing like on yours yet... Sooooorry, I thought you were following my thread hahahah don't worry if you start asap you'll prob be able to catch up. My second seed is quite slow due to the primary plant taking most of the light...

As you can see on the picture above my NL is getting uncontrollable.. She is getting taller and taller everyday which is GOOOOOOD but kind of a problem due to my grow room restrictions. She is probably right in the stretching period at the moment ! Since she is getting taller and taller everyday, I decided to super-crop it.

Here is a little zoom in of what it looks like

image23408.jpg

Can't see well at all on the pic but the stem is on a 90degree angle right now

12/12 might actually continue the stretch more, since most of a plants growth occurs during the dark period. Well, not sure about auto;s on that actually.

You can always do some LST and tie her down a little bit. Also, she looks like she can use some defoliation. This will help with getting light to lower bud sites, as well as stunting her growth upwards a bit.

Looking really good though brother :high-five:

Great work!!! Youre plants are the picture of beauty! Ine suggestion bro...if you keep all the tops of the branches at the exact same height, theyll theink theyre all apical meristems and produce more equal sized buds :)

Back
Top Bottom