Tranquilgreens High Brix - Green Crack - Y Griega - StarRyder - Bubblegum - NL - 2015

Tranquilgreen

Here is another grow using DocBuds kit. This will be my first grow using the High Brix method. Please, Doc, or those with experience, let me know if I stray or misunderstand anything. I will be updating every Sunday until harvest and the final product. I will be using:

2 PlatinumLED 11-band 300w Grow Lights - Dual Veg/Flower
1 Apollo LED 600w Flower Light
Apollo Mylar Grow Tent 4'x8'x8'
Hydrofarm 7-day Digital Program Timer
DocBuds High Brix Kit
Pro-Mix HP
Organic Worm Castings
My water which has a high pH of 9.4​

Planting in High Brix soil both in tent and outside in the ground. Here is the kit before mixing.

Brix1.jpg

May 17th​
Mixed up the soil with amendments into two plastic totes.
I watered and mixed well. It smelled so good. My other plants sitting around looked jealous so I took some worm castings and mycorrhizal and spread it around my other plants. I let the soil cook for a month on my back deck.

June 25th​
I mixed the soil more than a month ago and wow does it smell good now! We are ready to start with seeds planted in 1 gallon pots. I am using these feminized seeds. 2 Y Griega, 4 Green Crack and 1 DarkStar (auto). I stirred up the soil again just to smell the goodness.

The DarkStar is already in a cup, it is a feminized auto variety so it should be quick. It looks very strange with a stick stem and two tiny leaves emerging. Not sure what happened to this but I am hoping it survives. It's in Docs soil. Anyone have any ideas on this little one?

0032252.JPG

As for the other seeds, I am putting them in water today then directly in the soil with ROOTS! And ¼ Transplant. I'm not sure it needs to be put into water but I always do this before planting seeds.

SEEDS
DarkStar Auto
Dark Star’s true indica effects are as spacey as its name suggests: a deep, relaxed sensation throughout the body accompanied by a heavy cerebral calm. A cross between Purple Kush and Mazar-I-Sharif, Dark Star is a CBD-rich indica ideal for treating pain and anxiety. This dark--almost bluish--strain was first bred indoors by TH Seeds, and comes as a challenge to many growers with its slow, 10-week flowering period. Its sour-smelling buds are dense and compact, ornamented with crystals and copper hairs.

Green Crack (Green Cush)
Few strains compare to Green Cracks sharp energy and focus as it induces an invigorating mental buzz that keeps you going throughout the day. With a tangy, fruity flavor redolent of mango, Green Crack is the perfect daytime medication for patients treating fatigue, stress, and depression. This is my favorite sativa dominant strain. Green Crack has branched into two genetic lineages, the most common of which is its sativa line descended from Skunk #1. The 75% indica variety of Green Crack is said to have come from an Afghani strain, and is marked by a tighter bud structure. Because its name perpetuates a negative image of cannabis, some people have taken to calling this strain Cush (with a ‘C’) or Green Cush instead.

Y Griega
Also known as Shangri La OG or simply “Y,” the 80% sativa Y Griega is an energizing strain with a sweet floral, citrus aroma. Unusual for a sativa variety, Y Griega produces large, resin-coated buds on tall stalks. This sativa cross between Amnesia and Kali Mist delivers an energetic cerebral buzz followed by a long-lasting calm that soothes both mind and body. Y Griegas high THC content makes it suitable for a variety of conditions including pain, inflammation, glaucoma, fatigue, and appetite loss. Growers won’t be disappointed with Y Griegas yields, but its 85 to 95-day flowering time requires some devotion and patience.

See you next Sunday for my next report. :Namaste:

re: Tranquilgreens HighBrix - Green Crack - Y Griega & DarkStar — 2015

Subbed up. Good luck! I agree with the smell of the soil. Smells so good but what I want to smell are the high brix flowers.

Subbed! :yahoo:

That Darkstar definitely is a funky looking thing! I haven't seen that before, but it has its first set of true leaves, so it may be just fine - looks like it lost its cotyledons coming out of the soil.

Welcome Sephiroth and Graytail! Thank you for subbing.

Yes I do think that DarkStar lost its cotyledons under the soil. Here's hoping she makes it. With Docs Kit she has the best chance.

Yes I do think that DarkStar lost its cotyledons under the soil. Here's hoping she makes it. With Doc's Kit she has the best chance.

The DarkStar is just shedding her jet packs cuz she's in high brix space now. She's gonna grow with Ludicrous Speed!

Oh, and count me in! :popcorn:

June 28 Week One
What Happened This Week?

Temperature of the day was about 96 degrees and sunny.

(Bonza) Seeds
4 GC, 2 Y Griega were started in water on the 25th, then at 24 hours moved to the dampened towel. On June 27th they started their soil life directly into their starter pots as seen in following photos. Eventually I will put some in the ground.

High Brix soil filled the pots.
017603.JPG

Made sprouted seed holes and dusted with ROOTS!
015729.JPG

Carefully put the seeds in the shallow holes and pushed a little soil over them.
016672.JPG

I watered them in and now... we wait!
017603.JPG

The DarkStar is still hanging on and barely getting bigger but at least she isn't browning out. I will hold off putting her in the larger pot for awhile. I've been wondering about her not having her first leaves. Could it be that by not getting that first nutrition it set her way back in development? Her perfectly formed leaves are so tiny compared to the others planted at the same time.

Here she is as of yesterday.
020469.JPG

This is week ONE : Report of my highbrix indoor/outdoor grow. Thanks for following along as I go through a season of growing with High Brix. As always, please let me know if you can help me or see something you think I should know. I'll be asking questions too. Also I want to take photos of all I do something I need to do so I can learn by looking back at this journal until growing this way becomes second nature.

:Namaste:

I think I missed the memo, but I'm sub'd and all caught up.

:high-five:

I love the Green Crack, such a great strain. Cant wait to see you grow it.:Rasta:

Oregon would be a great place to be today, Congratulations:tokin:

I love it for daytime energy and creativity. I am fortunate to be in Oregon in these times. One day we all will have it legal. Thanks!
:tokin:

Yeah it's legal in Oregon now but wouldn't it be great to see the whole world free to smoke.

It would be really great if the world was free to enjoy a plant that grows naturally and doesn't directly lead to a single death unlike the other plant that kills millions of people every day.

:green_heart:

Second Week: July 5th
Temp: 56 to 95 degrees
RH: 40% to 55%
Dawn: 5:32 AM
Sunset: 9:00 PM

Sunday update: One day late. I am loving this grow and the infant health of the plants. I added the three autos to the mix and they look fine, even the teeny Star Ryder that initially lost it's first leaves under the soil. This week I watered adjusted pH on the soil only. Next week a little tea possibly.

Here are two pictures of all the girls outside in their pots with dawn sunlight (my natural tent).

Brix_Dawn_1.jpg

Brix_Dawn_2.jpg

The yummy Green Crack - three of them. Plus my Bubblegum Auto on the left front and in the very back my two Y Griega.

Brix_Green_Crack_group_1.jpg

And two Y Griega...

Brix_Y_Griega_twins_1.jpg

Northern Lights Auto

Brix_Northern_Lights_Auto1.jpg

The little Star Ryder Auto, started same time as Northern Lights and Bubblegum.

Brix_Star_Ryder_1.jpg

This is my report for the week. I am so encouraged by the number of grow journals using DocBuds Brix method. Please speak up if you see a need in my garden. What should I consider next in the process of keeping these ladies healthy?

:morenutes: :tokin: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom