PlanetaryHerb's Soil Grow 2.0 - Mystery Seeds - T5's - 600W HPS - Perpetual

PlanetaryHerb

Hi there!

I'm glad to be back and sharing my second grow with all of you. It seems like my last grow was so long ago even though only a couple of months have passed. I learned a whole lot last time and I'm excited to use all of that knowledge to make this grow better than ever.

Tents

Seedling/Veg: 2Wx4Lx5H supported by T5 lighting on GLR schedule. (12hrs. on, 5.5hrs. off, 1hr. on, 5.5off)

Flower: Secret Jardin 3Wx3Lx6H supported by one 600W HPS cool hood on 12/12 schedule.

Seeds

I'm starting with mystery seeds for the first few round of plants. I'm using 10 seeds from from one unknown strain which I will call Mystery #1.

10x Mystery #1

Soil

Happy Frog

Pots

Seeds were started in a seedling tray and will be transplanted to 1 gallon(7 inch) smart pots after 2-3 weeks. After 5-6 weeks the plants will be transplanted into 3 gallon(10 inch) smart pots, left to recover in the veg room for a week or so, then will be moved into the flowering tent.

Nutrients

Earth Juice Grow & Bloom (for the time being)

The Plan

The seeds were planted today, the old fashioned way, stuck directly into soil without germinating first. once plants are about a month and a half old I will start sticking them into the flower tent 1-2 at a time every 1-2 weeks so that once things are going I will be harvesting 1-2 plants every 1-2 weeks.

That is it for now I will upload and post the pics tonight :peace:

Re: PlanetaryHerb's Soil Grow 2.0 - (Mystery Seeds, T5's, 600W HPS, Perpetual)

Alright here of the first photos from my second indoor soil grow and first perpetual grow just getting started. As usual tips, tricks, and comments are always welcome and appreciated. Thanks. Enjoy :)

IMG_12966.JPG
IMG_12979.JPG
IMG_12984.JPG
IMG_129910.JPG
IMG_13007.JPG

Subd and reps for a fellow Colorado grower!

How do you plan on keeping the grow perpetual? Constant cloning of each plant, or maybe decide to make one a mother plant?
Also, what are the benefits of the GLR schedule? (12hrs. on, 5.5hrs. off, 1hr. on, 5.5off)

Looks good so far - the stripes on those seeds are crazy.

Subd and reps for a fellow Colorado grower!

How do you plan on keeping the grow perpetual? Constant cloning of each plant, or maybe decide to make one a mother plant?
Also, what are the benefits of the GLR schedule? (12hrs. on, 5.5hrs. off, 1hr. on, 5.5off)

Looks good so far - the stripes on those seeds are crazy.

Hi there! :welcome:, and thanks for the rep! :)

Thanks for checking out my grow, it's always nice to see others from CO on here. As of right now the only cloning I might do is when I decided to top some of the plants just to get some practice for later. My plan for going perpetual as of right now is to just have a constant stock of plants in the veg tent so that I can stick 1-2 of them into flower whenever the time comes. I plan on achieving this by starting them all from seed for the time being. As soon as the seedlings are transplanted into the 1 gallon pots I will start more seeds, then once the plants in the 1 gallon pots are moved to 3 gallons and into flower the new seedlings will be transplanted into the newly available 1 gallons and again more seeds will be started and so on so forth. If that makes sense. Thats at least the plan as of now and I'm sure it will be tweaked as I go. However, once I'm no longer using the mystery seeds I've saved up and actually buy some known quality strains I will probably go the route of a mother plant and try cloning.

There are actually quite a lot of benefits to using the GLR technique. It saves a lot of power, which isn't a big deal for me right now with just the T5's going, but I can tell you when I was vegging with two 600 watt MH's it made a huge difference in the electricity bill. Anyway, even with the T5's you got to save $ where you can :). Another benefit is there is less wear on your equipment because it is not on as often resulting in not having to replace things as often. Another is you will see the exact same growth out of your plants if better. If you look at my last grow, there is no way anybody would be able to tell whether I was using 18/6 or GLR if I hadn't posted it on there. The GLR schedule is well documented and quite a few growers on this site use it with great results. I would definitely recommend looking it to it by doing more research for yourself. I'm pretty sure there is a thread on this site about it, if I find it I will post it up for you. It even talks about benefits to the plants themselves using this schedule but I can remember exactly what it says. However, just the fact that it saves money is enough for to give it a try and after seeing how well it worked out on my last grow I don't plan on growing any other way.

And yes I agree about the seeds, some of the best looking seeds I've seen and they came out of one bag of random really "frosty" bud I got a while back :). Found exactly ten of them and kept them separate from all of the rest just because I how good they looked. All the rest of the seeds I saved are all mixed up.

:peace:

Very interesting about GLR. I have been a lurker for years but have never ran into it. I'm intrigued :thanks:

You should check out Icemud's current grow here on 420. He uses GLR, has a perpetual grow going, and I believe has some Skywalker OG's going just like you. He's also a much more advanced grower than I am and may be able to give you more information on GLR. Awesome grower, one of my favorite to follow on here.

Alright, I just want to post a quick update on how things are going. So far 9/10 seedlings have already pushed themselves above the soil :), but only 3 have opened their cotyledons up to the light so far. I'm hoping to see that last one by tomorrow or Tuesday for a perfect 10 for 10! On a much less happy and excited note, the ten 1 gallon Smart pots I ordered were delivered to the wrong address I think. The package tracker says the were delivered on the 26th yet I never received them. And they were part of a larger order and were shipped separately, yet the rest of the order made it here just fine so I know there wasn't a typo on the address or anything. I'm pretty frustrated, but I emailed them about it today and we will see what they are willing to do about it. Hopefully I can get the issue resolved before it is time to transplant in a couple weeks.

Like my last journal, I will be doing photo updates once a week unless some pressing issue requires me to do otherwise so that I could get everyones expert advice on what to do. So Tuesday I will post the week 1 update pictures

That's about it for now. I'll post what I hear about my smart pot order. Until then, :peace:

Congrats on 9/10 pushing through!

I was 9/12 but then one of them died before ever revealing its cotyledons. Down to 8/12 now.

Sorry to hear about your pots. Looking forward to some pics soon

If you are looking for Smart Pots in Colorado and are in the Boulder/Denver area, you can try 'Way to Grow'. They always have everything I need at a reasonable price, and their staff is the best.

If you are looking for Smart Pots in Colorado and are in the Boulder/Denver area, you can try 'Way to Grow'. They always have everything I need at a reasonable price, and their staff is the best.

I appreciate the info a whole lot hijinks, thanks! However, I'm unfortunately on the other side of the state, in the Grand Junction area. Luckily the customer service at the retailer I purchase from was very helpful, they have the said they would either refund or send a replacement order. However, even though the package tracker said it was already delivered, I just got the postal slip in the mail today saying they tried to deliver it but nobody was home and I can go pick it up at the post office tomorrow :). So everything worked out just fine. Also today the very last seedling finally pushed through the soil for a perfect 10 for 10! Without further ado, here are my little baby mysteries :)

IMG_13029.JPG
IMG_13049.JPG
IMG_130310.JPG
IMG_130613.JPG
IMG_130712.JPG
IMG_130814.JPG

The runt of the litter. Just popped up today.
IMG_13059.JPG

awesome start brother, i will be following your grow as i just started germinating my seeds yesterday! what kind of florescent lights are those? have you ever tried putting them directly under an MH or something?

:welcome:, and thank you! The lights over the seedlings is a T5 panel with four 2 foot tubes rated at 8000 lumens by Hydrofarm. If you want to check out my first grow, there is a link in my signature, I started out using two 600 watt MH's on that grow. However, I've learned that seedlings don't require that much light and it's a lot more expensive to run those. So this grow I will be using the T5 panel for seedlings/clones and will be getting a 200 watt fluorescent bulb for veg to help cut down on cost. Then they will be moved into the flower tent which will be lit by a 600 watt HPS.

Any update on the seedlings? :popcorn:

Doing great! Even though #10 was slow to germinate it isn't wasting anytime catching up. I'll post a quick photo update tomorrow. I'm also going to stop by the local hydroponics shop to see if they have the CFL bulbs I'm looking to veg with so that I don't have to order them. Can't wait to transplant them in a couple weeks!

hope everything is going well, what other lights are u working with besides the t5? you should consider getting a single MH opposed to a bunch of CFLs for your veg. it seems like it would be harder to direct the light of all those individual bulbs than a single one with a more even footprint. I've noticed them MH lights create some tighter internodes too if your able to control the temp and slam em

hope everything is going well, what other lights are u working with besides the t5? you should consider getting a single MH opposed to a bunch of CFLs for your veg. it seems like it would be harder to direct the light of all those individual bulbs than a single one with a more even footprint. I've noticed them MH lights create some tighter internodes too if your able to control the temp and slam em

:welcome:, and thank you! The lights over the seedlings is a T5 panel with four 2 foot tubes rated at 8000 lumens by Hydrofarm. If you want to check out my first grow, there is a link in my signature, I started out using two 600 watt MH's on that grow. However, I've learned that seedlings don't require that much light and it's a lot more expensive to run those. So this grow I will be using the T5 panel for seedlings/clones and will be getting a 200 watt fluorescent bulb for veg to help cut down on cost. Then they will be moved into the flower tent which will be lit by a 600 watt HPS.

Back
Top Bottom