So you where drying out but still Looks good. How's the humidity you can see the corner of the leaves curving that a sine of low humidity if you have a water bottle kicking around a little mist here and there will help and keep bugs away.

I was drying out but the green moss and no change after 12 hours of dry soil made me hasty and I just went ahead and transplanted into a fresh pot. Hopefully I will see a good change here soon. The humidity in my grow tent is 62 - 70. Which I believe to be good for the first month of growth. I try to keep my RH around 60 but seeing how I don't live where I grow I can't keep constant watch.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Ya your fine around %50-%60 is fine. Honestly Sounds like you're over thinking it you got this the plants look good and the pics show it keep up the good work Puff Puff Pass ⚗

IMHO.... How the seed is placed in the soil means nothing in nature the seeds would just lay on the top soil. Over watering beside drowning your will also wash away nutes from it as well. Levels of phosphorus in the soil can effect rooting also the needs light phosphorus to establish a good root system. Roots use and take in oxygen while green matter uses CO2. If let your water sit in a open top contain with a air stone in this could help when watering, or not at all. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

I'm currently waiting on a nirvana order wondering if I'll get the same mystery seeds. Ice, blackjack, papaya, white widow seeds on the way.

IMHO.... How the seed is placed in the soil means nothing in nature the seeds would just lay on the top soil. Over watering beside drowning your will also wash away nutes from it as well. Levels of phosphorus in the soil can effect rooting also the needs light phosphorus to establish a good root system. Roots use and take in oxygen while green matter uses CO2. If let your water sit in a open top contain with a air stone in this could help when watering, or not at all. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

I'm currently waiting on a nirvana order wondering if I'll get the same mystery seeds. Ice, blackjack, papaya, white widow seeds on the way.

I will look into an air stone, I'm currently using distilled water. I can try tap with an air stone in the future (probably with my next seedling). Thanks for your input, it's much appreciated! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person who orders from Nirvana. I feel like they have some of the best deals for what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I will look into an air stone, I'm currently using distilled water. I can try tap with an air stone in the future (probably with my next seedling). Thanks for your input, it's much appreciated! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person who orders from Nirvana. I feel like they have some of the best deals for what you get.

Air stones availability is epic pets store to Walmart to growing supplies. Get the right system, you could use splitters and give each plant their own stone. This is a hydro practice that is just good growing.

I ordered Nirvana for the first time over ten years ago and I got ICE, and a love affair was born. Most journals I see on Ice people are very wrong about it's going time with the fact that Ice is always a f2 to f6 many phenos can be seen. Some 70 days some 98 days. I was always patient and let the plant tell me when it was done. Top Notch in league with any big dog strain. Very very slept on genetics. My first Freddie was Durban Poison and let's just say she's still alive I'm going to cross her with my SSH for Super Durban Haze.

Nirvana = Showing is better then telling

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Air stones availability is epic pets store to Walmart to growing supplies. Get the right system, you could use splitters and give each plant their own stone. This is a hydro practice that is just good growing.

I ordered Nirvana for the first time over ten years ago and I got ICE, and a love affair was born. Most journals I see on Ice people are very wrong about it's going time with the fact that Ice is always a f2 to f6 many phenos can be seen. Some 70 days some 98 days. I was always patient and let the plant tell me when it was done. Top Notch in league with any big dog strain. Very very slept on genetics. My first Freddie was Durban Poison and let's just say she's still alive I'm going to cross her with my SSH for Super Durban Haze.

Nirvana = Showing is better then telling

Yeah, I've seen the air stones just about everywhere. I just haven't done much research into them yet (or how to use them). I'll get on that here soon though. Always appreciate the advice! I've always heard great things about ICE myself, I remember smoking some years back. Some great bud man, haven't seen/heard of it in a while though. Funny you mention ssh and durban poison, I've had both just this past month lol. Super Durban Haze sounds amazing, would love to try some:thumb:

Picture update time!

Here's the setup (taken yesterday morning) Pay no mind to the 4th pot, it's empty atm, awaiting a new arrival. Tossed some more of the freebie seeds into germ. We'll see who gets to claim the throne known as ms #4!
IMG_057650.JPG

Here's ms #1 (pictures taken yesterday)
IMG_058639.JPG

IMG_058839.JPG

Here's ms #2 (picture taken yesterday)
IMG_058246.JPG

Here's ms #1 today (10 days since popping above ground)
IMG_059642.JPG

IMG_059739.JPG

Here's ms #2 (7 days since popping above ground)
IMG_059442.JPG

IMG_059540.JPG

Lastly, ms #3 (aka struggle) Glad I was patient with this one, was honestly debating on tossing her since its been so long with no progress. BUT LOOK! PROGRESS! The shell seems to be cracking open more and you can see some green!:cheer:
IMG_059839.JPG

I was thinking of topping or FIMing ms #1, can anyone give me some advice as to where/when/how to do this? From what I've read up on, I should wait until the 3rd/4th true node? From what I can tell in side profile picture I posted of ms #1 the plant is currently working on node 3, correct? Would love some help with this as I am new to the whole training process. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out!:thanks::bravo:

Picture update time!

Here's the setup (taken yesterday morning) Pay no mind to the 4th pot, it's empty atm, awaiting a new arrival. Tossed some more of the freebie seeds into germ. We'll see who gets to claim the throne known as ms #4!
IMG_057650.JPG

Here's ms #1 (pictures taken yesterday)
IMG_058639.JPG

IMG_058839.JPG

Here's ms #2 (picture taken yesterday)
IMG_058246.JPG

Here's ms #1 today (10 days since popping above ground)
IMG_059642.JPG

IMG_059739.JPG

Here's ms #2 (7 days since popping above ground)
IMG_059442.JPG

IMG_059540.JPG

Lastly, ms #3 (aka struggle) Glad I was patient with this one, was honestly debating on tossing her since its been so long with no progress. BUT LOOK! PROGRESS! The shell seems to be cracking open more and you can see some green!:cheer:
IMG_059839.JPG
Gently peel off the shell before she died from no light. There should be the circular leaves there after if there is membrane still holding them together peel that too. I think this is last of the strongest survive but hey she could be great smoke too help her out. MS1 looking very nice e wish we new the genetics you might wanna flower soon depending on your height limit.

Air stone is simple on your next transplant put a couple inches of substrate down then the stone and the finish as any other transplant. It will airate your roots even if you over water. Lights kn plant takes in CO2 threw the green leafy matter. Lights off the roots take in oxygen so don't have the air pump on your timer.

The leaves on your mystery indicate a hybrid strain. But few aren't anymore. I'm various curious of the actual lineage.

Crop king discontinued ICE wreck, very sad. I guess I'll have to breed my own then boo boo. Tests showed it at 27.7, and that just sexy. Papaya parents one is Ice. I venture to think nirvana uses it for a potency kick when needed. Maybe I should order G13 n breed Ice13 to bad you can't get garuanteed males, bet no one thought that would ever be said!!!

Gently peel off the shell before she died from no light. There should be the circular leaves there after if there is membrane still holding them together peel that too. I think this is last of the strongest survive but hey she could be great smoke too help her out. MS1 looking very nice e wish we new the genetics you might wanna flower soon depending on your height limit.

Air stone is simple on your next transplant put a couple inches of substrate down then the stone and the finish as any other transplant. It will airate your roots even if you over water. Lights kn plant takes in CO2 threw the green leafy matter. Lights off the roots take in oxygen so don't have the air pump on your timer.

The leaves on your mystery indicate a hybrid strain. But few aren't anymore. I'm various curious of the actual lineage.

Crop king discontinued ICE wreck, very sad. I guess I'll have to breed my own then boo boo. Tests showed it at 27.7, and that just sexy. Papaya parents one is Ice. I venture to think nirvana uses it for a potency kick when needed. Maybe I should order G13 n breed Ice13 to bad you can't get garuanteed males, bet no one thought that would ever be said!!!

I'll try peeling off the shell a bit later today, kind of set on the time frames I get to see my babies. As for a height limit? Mine is roughly 6 ft, few inches for the light. I'm going to veg for at least 4-5 weeks before flipping.

I'm curious as to the lineage myself, even under stress and after a few roadblocks ms1 still growing strong. So it's decent genetics for sure.

Depending how this grow goes will decide whether or not to get more seeds. Love to try to strains .

I'll try peeling off the shell a bit later today, kind of set on the time frames I get to see my babies. As for a height limit? Mine is roughly 6 ft, few inches for the light. I'm going to veg for at least 4-5 weeks before flipping.

I'm curious as to the lineage myself, even under stress and after a few roadblocks ms1 still growing strong. So it's decent genetics for sure.

Depending how this grow goes will decide whether or not to get more seeds. Love to try to strains .

I prefer the FIM method the fresh growing top of the plant should be cut. Buy not but all the way off I normal cut the leaves in half. Then repeat if need after every other node if side branching wasn't active. A full topping stops vertical growth until side branching reaches the height needed. Some plants respond great some hate it that's why I always FIM (fuck I missed) method. Example serious seeds chronic hates to be topped but you can FIM her and then scrog and get 14-16oz off one plant. From the overgrow.com days this was proven. If your really creative and a quick learner (not meant to insulting in anyway sorry if it was) you could try fluxing.

Nirvana is testing our grow skills with no info on the freebies. Their the only company if seen that with. But I ordered Nirvana threw seedsboutique and got my Durban. Previous companies freebies to me were skunk 1, hashplant, Northern lights 5, warlock. I wonder if calling customer service would help or emailing depends on your phone plan I guess.

I prefer the FIM method the fresh growing top of the plant should be cut. Buy not but all the way off I normal cut the leaves in half. Then repeat if need after every other node if side branching wasn't active. A full topping stops vertical growth until side branching reaches the height needed. Some plants respond great some hate it that's why I always FIM (fuck I missed) method. Example serious seeds chronic hates to be topped but you can FIM her and then scrog and get 14-16oz off one plant. From the overgrow.com days this was proven. If your really creative and a quick learner (not meant to insulting in anyway sorry if it was) you could try fluxing.

Nirvana is testing our grow skills with no info on the freebies. Their the only company if seen that with. But I ordered Nirvana threw seedsboutique and got my Durban. Previous companies freebies to me were skunk 1, hashplant, Northern lights 5, warlock. I wonder if calling customer service would help or emailing depends on your phone plan I guess.

Yeah I've been leaning towards the FIM myself. Seems like the less stressful way to go. I'll ask for more detailed help once the 3rd node forms some more as to where to pinch it off at. Not exactly sure what fluxing is.. I'll look into it though. I've heard it mentioned on here a few times before during my research binges.

Yeah, nirvana is great. Love the site/ interface. I too wish they gave some info on genetics of their freebies. At least the Sativa/ indica percentages. Emailing them about the freebies is definitely worth a try, can't believe I haven't tried it yet lol. This is my first legit seed order. Used bagseed for my other previous trials just to kind of learn a bit here and there.

Thanks for the feedback bro!

Heyo!
As for you green stuff on the soil. (If it happens again) I honestly can't tell by the pics but if it's Algae it will be a big problem. I would say do some research and see if what you have is algae. If you do, Look up how to remove it. If you wan't to be safe tho you could try preventing light from hitting the soil where it is growing.

Also for your lighting distance you should test it like this. Put your hand about 2 inches away from the bulb and hold it there for 15 seconds. If it's to hot for you it's to hot for your plants. I have used CFL's and now LED's but both of them never got hot. I could hold the bulb in my hand for 15 seconds. I keep my lights about 2 inches away from my plants. Some times I wake up and they are touching the lights. No big deal tho :grinjoint:

As for topping your plant I do right after the 3rd node.
Here is a pic that you might be able to understand if not you can easily youtube it and know how.
FYI. Fimming doesn't gaurantee 4 new tops. It just has a chance. You can end up with 2/3/4. Just luck. And maybe some science if you want but im not gonna get into that. Topping gaurantees 2 tops everytime. Also fimming causes less stress on the plant and people do it more if they don't care about hight. But I personally do considering my box is like 2 feet tall. So I top. Because it slows the growth of the branch you topped. So when you top for the first time you gonna see all this new growth bloom like crazy on the lower branches because it is focused on the lower growth now instead of the main stalk that was just cut. Either way they are both good. I would top if you have height issues and fim if not.
Fim_Vs_Top.jpg

Either way they get rid of the natural christmas tree shape we don't want. Topping and fimming make multiple colas.

But your grow looks great, Subbed! :popcorn::bongrip::nicethread:
:goodluck:

Heyo!
As for you green stuff on the soil. (If it happens again) I honestly can't tell by the pics but if it's Algae it will be a big problem. I would say do some research and see if what you have is algae. If you do, Look up how to remove it. If you wan't to be safe tho you could try preventing light from hitting the soil where it is growing.

Also for your lighting distance you should test it like this. Put your hand about 2 inches away from the bulb and hold it there for 15 seconds. If it's to hot for you it's to hot for your plants. I have used CFL's and now LED's but both of them never got hot. I could hold the bulb in my hand for 15 seconds. I keep my lights about 2 inches away from my plants. Some times I wake up and they are touching the lights. No big deal tho :grinjoint:

As for topping your plant I do right after the 3rd node.
Here is a pic that you might be able to understand if not you can easily youtube it and know how.
FYI. Fimming doesn't gaurantee 4 new tops. It just has a chance. You can end up with 2/3/4. Just luck. And maybe some science if you want but im not gonna get into that. Topping gaurantees 2 tops everytime. Also fimming causes less stress on the plant and people do it more if they don't care about hight. But I personally do considering my box is like 2 feet tall. So I top. Because it slows the growth of the branch you topped. So when you top for the first time you gonna see all this new growth bloom like crazy because it is focused on the lower growth now instead of the main stalk that was just cut.
Fim_Vs_Top.jpg

But your grow looks great, Subbed! :popcorn::bongrip::nicethread:
:goodluck:

Oh no, now I'm worried lol. Hopefully it's not algae or anything harmful. I cry.. I'll definitely start researching about this asap! I typically keep my lights within 2-4 inches of the tallest plant. Sometimes 6 inches just so more airflow from my fan can get between the light and the container my pots sit inside. I currently have 2 plants growing well, and 1 just beginning to grow. Still hasn't popped the shell off the cotyledon. I'm germing the last of the freebie seeds, so I could possibly end up with 8 plants at once. Hopefully at least 6! Whether it be 6 or 8 final plants, I plan on topping half and FIMing the other half. Curious to see the difference between the two. Never tried either method so I want to see which I prefer in the short/ long term of the plant growth.

Glad to have you, and thanks for subbing!
Welcome to my journey!

Oh no, now I'm worried lol. Hopefully it's not algae or anything harmful. I cry.. I'll definitely start researching about this asap! I typically keep my lights within 2-4 inches of the tallest plant. Sometimes 6 inches just so more airflow from my fan can get between the light and the container my pots sit inside. I currently have 2 plants growing well, and 1 just beginning to grow. Still hasn't popped the shell off the cotyledon. I'm germing the last of the freebie seeds, so I could possibly end up with 8 plants at once. Hopefully at least 6! Whether it be 6 or 8 final plants, I plan on topping half and FIMing the other half. Curious to see the difference between the two. Never tried either method so I want to see which I prefer in the short/ long term of the plant growth.

Glad to have you, and thanks for subbing!
Welcome to my journey!

If I was you I'd research the FIM method better then that diagram that is actually very wrong. You never remove the actual growing top on FIM that's topping. But don't take my word for it check the boatload of site showing how to do it. Not trying to step on any toes but according to that your topping either way.

Algea eat nuts and oxygen from roots can cause infections too. Keep your soil covered and starve the algea of its photons.

If I was you I'd research the FIM method better then that diagram that is actually very wrong. You never remove the actual growing top on FIM that's topping. But don't take my word for it check the boatload of site showing how to do it. Not trying to step on any toes but according to that your topping either way.

Algea eat nuts and oxygen from roots can cause infections too. Keep your soil covered and starve the algea of its photons.

I will definitely be doing plenty of research before I take scissors to my babies! It scares me to even think about cutting them like this. But it needs to be done/ I want it to be done! I hear too many success stories from people who've done topping or FIMing. I think I resolved my algae problem, we'll see in a day or two if it comes back or not. I simply transplanted into new soil while also cleaning old soil off my roots with a brush. I'm also going to start bottom feeding my plants as to help keep the top quarter inch or so drier than normal. I know that the uppermost roots take in the most nutrients for the plant to grow so hopefully the upper layer being drier than normal doesn't affect growth too much. Thinking of also adding a layer of perlite or pebbles to the tops of my pots just to block light to the soil so the algae can't grow. Fingers crossed!

Things look very nice. Dont be worried. Just dont overwater them. FIM is easy, just pinch the top soon-to-be leaves. Topping, youd need to cut the stem after the last node which has full fan leaves.

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Things look very nice. Dont be worried. Just dont overwater them. FIM is easy, just pinch the top soon-to-be leaves. Topping, youd need to cut the stem after the last node which has full fan leaves.

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah I've read this explanation countless times, still nervous lol. Just gonna wait till my plant is ready to be FIM'd and put a side profile picture up on here and ask someone who's more experienced than I to draw a line with paint or something of the like where I need to pinch lol. I need that reassurance.

Back
Top Bottom