PlanetaryHerb's Soil Grow 2.0 - Mystery Seeds - T5's - 600W HPS - Perpetual

Re: PlanetaryHerb's Soil Grow 2.0 - (Mystery Seeds, T5's, 600W HPS, Perpetual)

Hi planet, the grow is looking awesome man, the plants are lovin life for sure. They are high-five'in all over the place. + reps.
Give it a couple more days to grow a little more and then top both tops again to create 4. Good luck and good vibes to your seedlings. :)

Hi planet, the grow is looking awesome man, the plants are lovin life for sure. They are high-five'in all over the place. + reps.
Give it a couple more days to grow a little more and then top both tops again to create 4. Good luck and good vibes to your seedlings. :)

Thanks stealthgrow!

You must of been reading my mind, because that's exactly what I was planning on doing! :). However, I'm probably gonna wait another week or so, and you'll see why in my post below.

Thanks for the reps! :) and my seedlings thank you for the vibes!

:peace:

Like I was saying above, I kind of got carried away in the garden today. The pictures will speak for themselves, but I'll go ahead and explain anyway. I went in the tent to do a "little" trimming, because the fan leaves had gotten to the point where they were interlocking completely shading the lower parts and I just want to help air flow. While in the tent I noticed how well the topped plants were looking and really liked seeing all of the tops coming up instead of the usual one. And one thing kind of led to another, and when all was said and done, every plant is now topped and got a defoliated. The plants look much smaller than they did before, but I think in a couple weeks they will be looking real nice.

Also while I was moving the plants around, it's been a while, I noticed that the roots are starting to come out the sides of some of their 1 gallon pots and out of the bottom on all of them. Great signs of a healthy plant, but also signs they need to be transplanted or should have already. Unfortunately for them they are going to have to wait a little while.

Here's what I did, hopefully things go well...

IMG_142619.JPG
IMG_142719.JPG
IMG_142821.JPG
IMG_142920.JPG
IMG_143014.JPG
IMG_143114.JPG
IMG_143217.JPG
IMG_143316.JPG
IMG_143418.JPG
IMG_143518.JPG

... I know the will at least enjoy not being so crowded.

Today the plants are recovering from what I put them through yesterday. They are also starting to use up water faster, and now I'm watering them about every 4 days. Today they received regular water, and around Monday or Tuesday they will receive their first full dosage of the EarthJuice grow. However, I'm going to keep the dosage just below the recommended full dose. That's it for now...

Good news! When I went to look into the tent this morning as soon as the lights came on I noticed that 1 of the seedlings has pushed through the soil already :). The cotyledons haven't opened up yet, but I'm sure the will be by later today or tomorrow. Hoping to see the other two sometime this week, but I'll be patient.

Wow! I didn't know the roots would grow through smart pots. So when you transplant then, do you just put the entire smart part into a bigger pot, or do you have to cut it away somehow without hurting those roots?

Wow! I didn't know the roots would grow through smart pots. So when you transplant then, do you just put the entire smart part into a bigger pot, or do you have to cut it away somehow without hurting those roots?

Lol, it's funny you say that because I've been pondering the same thing. I didn't realize the roots would grow through the smart pots either. I would seriously consider just sticking the entire pot into a larger one's only if I didn't need to keep reusing them. So when it comes time to transplant I'm just gonna have to rip them out of their pots somehow and hope it doesn't do any harm.

However, I remember reading a journal where the grower, growing in hydro, cut like half the root mass off his plants. I can't really remember a whole lot about it such as what the technique was called or why it was thought to be beneficial, but I think it had something to do with keeping them from getting root bound. If anyone else has seen or heard of this happening please feel free to elaborate on it a little more. My thinking though, is that if plants can with stand this, mine should be fine just with the lower bit getting torn off. As far as I know the roots will continue to grow when severed just like the branches of the plant. So I'm not too awfully worried about it at the moment.

We will see though. Only a couple weeks before I start to flower a few of my babies :)

That's a perfect 3 for 3 on the seedlings folks :)! I don't think I'll ever be germinating seeds first again. This makes it a perfect 13/13 for seedlings sprouted so far from some seeds that have been sitting for years! Just planting the seed directly like nature intended seems to work the best, who would of thought? I've had much worse luck germinating first before planting, and that was with expensive purchased seeds.

On another note, the tent is already looking like it could use another defoliation! The plants didn't wasting any time filling in the gaps with leafs. I'll be placing the order for the flower tent on Tuesday. The plants will get feed with their first full dosage of nutes either Monday or Tuesday. Once they dry again I will flush the first 3 that I will be selecting to start flowering. As soon as they are dry enough to transplant after their flushing they will be going into the flower tent.

Thats it. Pics soon-ish...

Very close call in the tent today! I almost lost a couple plants to drying out. I noticed yesterday they were pretty dry, but I felt how heavy the pots were and it seemed like they would be fine until today. It turns out they really were in need of water badly! I had to leave this morning for class before lights on and have a 2 hour break around noon that I usually stick around campus for. Anyway, today I decided I would head back home to check on the plants and I am very glad I did! When I opened the tent a couple of the plants were drooped over almost completely. If I had waiting and didn't come home on my break I probably would have lost a couple plants.

However, all is good :). The plants got watered with 10mL/1gallon of EarthJuice Grow. and they were all back up and perky within the hour. None of the plants even suffered any burning, I literally caught it just in time.

All the seedlings are up and in the process of pushing out their first set of leaves :). Pics tomorrow...

Update: Week #6, 42 Days from Seed

I ordered the flower tent last night, so it should be arriving here within the next week or so :)! The plants are looking great and the seedlings are doing good too. I defoliated a little more today just removing the larger fan leaves that were shading branches and bud sites. The first set of plants will be moving into flower within the next 2 weeks :), I'm very excited to get things under way! That's really all I can think of for right now. Here are the pics...

New Seedlings

IMG_144615.JPG
IMG_144822.JPG
IMG_144718.JPG

Before Today's Defoliation

IMG_143622.JPG
IMG_143716.JPG
IMG_143816.JPG
IMG_143917.JPG
IMG_144019.JPG
IMG_144118.JPG
IMG_144212.JPG
IMG_144318.JPG
IMG_144418.JPG
IMG_144515.JPG

After Defol.

IMG_144919.JPG
IMG_145016.JPG
IMG_145118.JPG
IMG_145215.JPG
IMG_145312.JPG
IMG_145414.JPG
IMG_145511.JPG
IMG_14569.JPG
IMG_145715.JPG
IMG_145813.JPG
IMG_145913.JPG

Let me know what you think?

Sorry for being late to the party but I got my seat can't wait to see what these ladies yield, they look super happy!

Thanks for all the kind words fellas! I'm really liking how things are looking this grow, and I'm really hoping I can keep it up through to the end. And :welcome:, Fish4Fun420!

I decided to top the highest tops again in the garden today. I think I topped around 10 different heads in all off of only 4 different plants, but the way things are looking these days it's hard to tell because the canopy just looks like one giant mass. Regardless, I should be getting 10 extra tops in the garden :).

Also, the flower tent is scheduled to be delivered this Tuesday. I will be putting the first plants under 12/12 as soon as the tent is set up ad running :).

That tent is gonna be great, can't wait for you to get it setup.:thumb:

That tent is gonna be great, can't wait for you to get it setup.:thumb:

Neither can I, and I looks like I'm gonna get to set it up sooner than I thought!! I just checking the package tracking and it said it's on the Fed-Ex truck out for delivery :). I'm so excited!!!!!!

However, I'm unfortunately going to be quite busy this weekend along with being out of town Saturday until Sunday afternoon. I'm sure I will still get a lot of it set up, but the plants probably won't be going into the tent until around Monday or Tuesday.

Well that was quick, the tent already arrived and is set up :). I still need to hang lights, put in ducting and fans, and buy another timer, 3 gallon smart pots, hangers for the lights, and another bag of soil so there is still a lot to do, but the tent is up! It's the nicest tent I have owned yet, I am usually suckered into just buying the cheapest one, but I decided to shell out a little extra $ and it was worth it. I can pick up all that stuff at one place, but since I'm going to be gone this weekend, I'm thinking the plants will still not be moved into flower until monday night after lights out. In which case, they will be waking up to their first day of 12/12 on Tuesday morning :). I would really like to wait until preflowers show, but I really need to get the bud rolling and free up some space in the veg tent. Not too big of a deal though as all the rest should be showing preflowers by the time they are put into the tent. And who knows, some might be showing themselves by monday. I know it has to be any time now as were coming up on week 7 of veg. Anyway, that's it for now.

Back
Top Bottom