Think I Got It This Time, First Time Grower, Indoor, Soil, LED

Took a few pics this morning with only Veg lights on. Not much change from a visual standpoint, just wanted to get a few last shots before I unplug today and give them 48 hours of dark period before harvest on Sunday. HARVEST. Damn that feels good to say! I actually made it through my grow without killing myself or the girls. Not counting Jamie Lee. I gladly murdered that freak
420-magazine-mobile1683237751.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1192091836.jpg
420-magazine-mobile986827758.jpg
420-magazine-mobile4532556.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1833664087.jpg

Excited for tomorrow's chop after we get back from church. Girls will have had 48 hrs straight darkness by then, and I'll be glad as it's getting harder to maintain cool temps in tent when ambient air in attic is probably pushing 130+ during the day. I give all credit to my sweet wife who said "no way!" And that "I was outta my mind" when this all started a few months ago for letting me experience this plant's amazing transformation from seed to flower and beyond. Gonna dry "slow and low" drying in a mini fridge inside my closet after a mini trim monitoring the RH using both paper bags & open/screened jars so I don't have to keep fighting the 140 heat index in the attic and running A/C's to fight a losing battle. Update with pics tomorrow after I get everything in order

Excited for tomorrow's chop after we get back from church. Girls will have had 48 hrs straight darkness by then, and I'll be glad as it's getting harder to maintain cool temps in tent when ambient air in attic is probably pushing 130+ during the day. I give all credit to my sweet wife who said "no way!" And that "I was outta my mind" when this all started a few months ago for letting me experience this plant's amazing transformation from seed to flower and beyond. Gonna dry "slow and low" drying in a mini fridge inside my closet after a mini trim monitoring the RH using both paper bags & open/screened jars so I don't have to keep fighting the 140 heat index in the attic and running A/C's to fight a losing battle. Update with pics tomorrow after I get everything in order
Excited for you!!! Congrats! I have to go back and catch up a little... I feel you on the tempuratures though. Summer was a bad time to learn

Took a few pics this morning with only Veg lights on. Not much change from a visual standpoint, just wanted to get a few last shots before I unplug today and give them 48 hours of dark period before harvest on Sunday. HARVEST. Damn that feels good to say! I actually made it through my grow without killing myself or the girls. Not counting Jamie Lee. I gladly murdered that freak
420-magazine-mobile1683237751.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1192091836.jpg
420-magazine-mobile986827758.jpg
420-magazine-mobile4532556.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1833664087.jpg
Look at that frost! I laughed my butt off at the didn't kill myself or the girls. What a journey right!!

Ok here's a quick update on Day 68 Flower. Girls are ready I believe checked trichs right before lights out today and had enough amber trichomes for me so will unplug tomorrow after lights out, give them 48 darkness in 65 degree temps, and chop & hang on Sunday. It's been a fun, educational ride and I'm hoping to have enough quality smoke to last me for awhile after dry and cure. Still planning on running a few autos after tent is clear from drying, but will wait for some cooler weather as heaters are a lot cheaper to run than A/C's I believe. Will post some harvest pics on Sunday super excited they look great
Sorry David I'm replying backwards lol. I'm doing this too but not stopping for long, running autos while I veg, find a mom and get clones ready for a solid fall run.

No doubt it was a lot of fun. Just washed and pre-trimmed 1 plant still have I in the tent I'm going to try and do later tonight and holy nugs it looks like a bountiful harvest (at least to me with nothing to compare it to just happy to get here. Main colas are fat, dense, and long. Here's a few quick pics of the one that's hanging dripping dry from wash then into the darkness they go
420-magazine-mobile1487304660.jpg
420-magazine-mobile387783742.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1230843511.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1943708383.jpg
420-magazine-mobile870379956.jpg
420-magazine-mobile99229923.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1836979039.jpg

Nice harvest indeed! Good haul David, can't wait to get a smoke report from yours. After a 2 week cure mine are really starting to taste real good in the bong, but still aren't quite there. The high is pretty potent though, give me a mean burst of energy right now. Hoping it mellows out a little more and get a bit more stony but am very happy with my haul and yours look better, so I think you will be quite pleased... I had complained about it burning up quick but it's more evened out now that it's cured for a bit. I may have over dried those early tester nugs lol...

By the way, today was day 71. 1 girl still in tent in dark and A/C hoping I have time to chop and wash her tonight but friends in town and fishing early so other girl may get 36 hours of darkness before she meets her doom

Yeah Red I think the extra week helped for sure and I'll give you some credit on that. Both of us being first timers and anxious, was good to have. someone tell me to cool my jets. As I've said, patience not my best trait

But the larger colas are super dense. Some of the lower buds a little Larfy but for the most part thickest and stickiest. Have no idea on weight and really don't give a rats ass as it's all for me or to give away to friends. The way it should be. Peace

Do it no reason not to. Those uve got on tray look very tasty. I'm gonna break the other down tomorrow evening when I get home. She's sitting in a dark 62 degree tent now thanks to this front that rolled through tonight

Those really fattened up! I hope mine do that... I'm just ending week 3 and they are showing many stacking sites, frost starting all over, but im at a loss as to what to expect for how much bigger they will grow.

I'm running FF full line with beastie bloomz now but got worried after a hermie issue.

This is the stuff we must learn by doing... But there is always good info out there as rule of thumb

Day 65 Update: And then there were 2.... I took one of the "ladies" out of the tent Sunday night. Turns out it wasn't a lady after all... let's cal her Jamie Lee Curtis. I knew something was up with that back left lady that was "lagging behind", but she was throwing nanners like a monkey throws shit. Luckily, no harm done to the other 2 but I chopped her up and trashed her that freaky transtesticle.
420-magazine-mobile1274862329.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1535336450.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1311521272.jpg
David, did this happen after FF nutrient switch by chance?

I had that female turned male after switching to beastie bloomz from open seseme but not sure if stress or nutrients.

I know you started with Fox farm, did you continue full line and if so what strength?

Did it throw bannas or grow balls like all the sudden male?

Thanks David!

Yes I continued FF nutes all the way until 2 week flush. I supplemented with Beastie and ChaChing so no issues there. And no balls on herm that I saw and saw no signs of pollination as no seeds on harvested girl. Don't beat yourself up over it, I think sometimes it could be a strain/pheno thing in lieu of stress/light leaks. Thanks for the kind words I've gotta get that other girl outta the tent , chopped, trimmed, washed and hung tonight. She got an extra 24 hours or darkness because it got late on me and I was hiding from kids. Looking forward to it tho I got some good experience yesterday so hopefully I'll be a little faster!

Back
Top Bottom