First Grow Fire OG LED 900W In Soil

KevinL

Hey everyone, so after doing my research for, well a long time, Im starting my first grow. I haven't got my seeds yet, they will be here in a few days, but I wanted to start my journal. So without further a do,

What strain is it?I will post strains and specs soon
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor grow tent 2 x 4 x 5
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 90% Fox Farm Ocean Forest 10% perlite
If soil... What size pot? 5 gal smart pots
Size of light? 2x 300w 1 galaxy hydro/ 1 mars hydro and 2x 150w ufo's 900 watts total, 360-380 actual power draw
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab? 70-78 degrees F
RH of Room/cab? Veg 45%-65% Flower 40%-50%
PH of media or res? 6.0-6.8
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? When top inch is dry, about every 4 days
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farm trio grow big big bloom tiger bloom and GH calmag

I know this isn't super decriptive, but like I said I'm still waiting for my seeds. They come in a couple days, and at that point I will make an update and give some more info.

So this is my setup so far, still lots to do

20170531_132603.jpg

So the tracking info says my seeds should be here by next week. Which is OK because I still have some things to do to complete my setup.

This is what my setup consists of:

- Vivosun grow tent 2x4
- 2x 300w led 1 galaxy hydro, 1 mars hydro and 2x 150w ufo led. 900w total (360-380 actual wattage)
- 1 I power 6 inch exhaust fan and 6 inch I power carbon filter, 6 inch ducting (passive intake system) and
- 1 Apera Instruments PH pen ( also have a soil ph tester)
- 2 clip on fans
- Thermo Pro temp/RH thermostat
- Lighthouse Hydro fan speed controller
- Vivosun light hanging ratchets
- Mechanical timers, looking for a good digital timer I can plug all my lights in to.
- 5 gal smart pots
- Fox Farm trio
- General Hydroponics calmag
- General Hydroponics PH up and down
- Monterey Garden insect spray (just in case)

So this is my setup for this grow. I also have purchased another tent, a gorilla 4x4. And am looking at buying another led soon. I just want to do some more research, their quite expensive, so I want to make the right choice. Plus I'll be moving into my own place here pretty soon, probably beginning of next year. So once my first grow or two are under my belt, and I'm in my new spot, I'll set up both tents and have a Veg and flower tent. And probably will be switching to a Hydroponics system, or soiless. But for now, my first grow, I'm just gonna use soil, and a couple 300's. It's crazy how much stuff there is to buy and how quick the dollars can add up, but it's all worth it to me. There's a couple different led lights I'm looking at, the first is from Black Diamond, the Perfect Sun. The next is the Phytomax 800 from Black Dog, but there so expensive. I'm also looking at California Lightworks Solar Storm 880, and the mars 2 pro 320. The mars is the cheapest of the bunch I think, but still looks like it preforms just as well. They all look like great lights, but I'm still doing my research, before I drop that kinda money.

So I've been doing a little more research on lights, and I've ruled out the black dog. Im sure its an awesome light that will produce amazing yeild, but I just can't see spending that much on a light. Also I've ruled out the the California lights works led, for similar reason. Again I'm sure it's a great light, it's just very expensive. I'm hoping to keep the price to under a thousand, it's can be right up to it, but not over. Lol. So that leaves the perfect sun and mars hydro. Now the perfect sun looks like an awesome light! The goliath, cob, and ps1000, all look great. Also the dwarf star looks great. What do you guys think would work best for a 2x4x5? and also be enough power so after I'm at my new place next year, I can use it in a 4x4 to flower.
Mars hydro also have some amazing looking lights. I have been looking at the mars 2 pro 160, or 320 or the middle one I forget the name , and also the mars 2 900w. The mars hydro lights are priced really well though, and that's a big plus.

Soo, what do you guys think?

I just added a Intenze grow series V2 to my setup and the plants have gone nuts. One of the best lights on the market for the buck as far as I'm concerned. Make sure it's the V2.

A little update, tracking my seeds, it says they should be here this week. Which is later than they originally said, but there was a holiday so I'm sure that's why. Anyways so I got my exhaust fan and carbon filter, and am in the process of setting it up.
As far as the lights, well for now I think I'm going to go with mars hydro. Been reading up on them and watching tons of journals of growers using mars, and I'm impressed. That and the fact that their priced really well, and I'm a "begginner" , it just seems like the right choice for me right now. So obviously the mars pro 2 epistar, and Cree led lights look amazing. But for right now I'm looking at the mars 2 leds, and at some point in the future, when I'm in my new place with a better setup I'll upgrade. So I figure the 900 or the 1200, or maybe even the reflector 192? I already have two 300's, in a 2x4x5 tent, so I want one more light to go between them. So I think the 900 or reflector 192 would be enough. What do you guys think? Any advice is welcome!

p.s. I promise, there is a grow coming soon, with pictures

Seeds are coming today or tomorrow!!!!! I need to kick in to gear and get my setup ready!!! The ipower exhaust fan and carbon filter I received yesterday, well I'll just say I wasn't happy with it and it's design. So I'm looking for another one, one that isn't too expensive and works well with a speed controller.. Advice welcome..

So I got my seeds today, so excited! Just have a few things to finish up with my setup, and I will be ready. Probably be germinating tomorrow or the next day. But here's the seed info: I'll be growing 2 (since it's my first grow I want to take it slow and easy)
I know the title and first post say Fire OG, but I have decided to go with this strain instead for this grow. Sorry for any confusion.

Gumdrop Kush (feminized) Sativa dominant hybrid

(Amnesia Haze/GSC x Legend OG) it says it can flower for 63-77 days

OK so since I've chosen a different strain and some things have been changed, I'm going to just repost this..

What strain is it? Gumdrop Kush (Amnesia Haze/GSC x Legend OG) 2 plants
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sativa dominant hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? About to germinate
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long? It says this strain can flower for 63-77 days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor grow tent 2 x 4 x 5
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 90% Fox Farm Ocean Forest 10% perlite
If soil... What size pot? 5 gal smart pots
Size of light? 2x 300w 1 galaxy hydro/ 1 mars hydro and 2x 150w ufo's 900 watts total, 360-380 actual power draw
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab? 70-78 degrees F
RH of Room/cab? Veg 45%-65% Flower 40%-50% hopefuly, that's the plan though
PH of media or res? 6.0-6.8
Any Pests ? No not as of yet, I do some pest prevention.
How often are you watering? When top inchalf or so is dry
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farm trio grow big big bloom tiger bloom and Botanicare calmag

- Vivosun grow tent 2x4x5
- 2x 300w led 1 galaxy hydro, 1 mars hydro and 2x 150w ufo led. 900w total (360-380 actual wattage)
- 1 4 inch exhaust fan and filter
- 2 clip on fans
- Mechanical timers, looking for a good digital timer I can plug all my lights in to.
- 5 gal smart pots
- Fox Farm trio
- Botanicare calmag

and at some point of my grow, before I flower, I will be picking up another LED. The Mars Hydro Mars 2 900w.

So I've been doing a little more research on lights, and I've ruled out the black dog. Im sure its an awesome light that will produce amazing yeild, but I just can't see spending that much on a light. Also I've ruled out the the California lights works led, for similar reason. Again I'm sure it's a great light, it's just very expensive. I'm hoping to keep the price to under a thousand, it's can be right up to it, but not over. Lol. So that leaves the perfect sun and mars hydro. Now the perfect sun looks like an awesome light! The goliath, cob, and ps1000, all look great. Also the dwarf star looks great. What do you guys think would work best for a 2x4x5? and also be enough power so after I'm at my new place next year, I can use it in a 4x4 to flower.
Mars hydro also have some amazing looking lights. I have been looking at the mars 2 pro 160, or 320 or the middle one I forget the name , and also the mars 2 900w. The mars hydro lights are priced really well though, and that's a big plus.

Soo, what do you guys think?

I would highly recommend go on Amazon and look for this light it's a 600 w super bright has 2 built in fans and works good for me. I too was also looking for something good but cheap I think it's called nielo they have a 300 and 600 w light

I would highly recommend go on Amazon and look for this light it's a 600 w super bright has 2 built in fans and works good for me. I too was also looking for something good but cheap I think it's called nielo they have a 300 and 600 w light

Hey there, thanks! I will definitely look at it, my mind is pretty much made up, but you never know!! Lol

OK so just a little update, started germination yesterday 6/12. Germinating both seed using the paper towel method, and distilled water. One seed already cracked and showing just tip of taproot, other seed just cracked. Once each taproot is 1/4 inch long, I will plant straight into five gallon smart pots. And I will take pictures of the seeds before and after planting, along with my finished setup.

So the tracking info says my seeds should be here by next week. Which is OK because I still have some things to do to complete my setup.

- Vivosun grow tent 2x4
- 1 I power 6 inch exhaust fan and 6 inch I power carbon filter, 6 inch ducting (passive intake system) and
- 2 clip on fans
- 5 gal smart pots
- Fox Farm trio
- General Hydroponics calmag

So this is my setup for this grow. I also have purchased another tent, a gorilla 4x4. And am looking at buying another led soon. I just want to do some more research, their quite expensive, so I want to make the right choice. Plus I'll be moving into my own place here pretty soon, probably beginning of next year. So once my first grow or two are under my belt, and I'm in my new spot, I'll set up both tents and have a Veg and flower tent. And probably will be switching to a Hydroponics system, or soiless. But for now, my first grow, I'm just gonna use soil, and a couple 300's. It's crazy how much stuff there is to buy and how quick the dollars can add up, but it's all worth it to me. There's a couple different led lights I'm looking at, the first is from Black Diamond, the Perfect Sun. The next is the Phytomax 800 from Black Dog, but there so expensive. I'm also looking at California Lightworks Solar Storm 880, and the mars 2 pro 320. The mars is the cheapest of the bunch I think, but still looks like it preforms just as well. They all look like great lights, but I'm still doing my research, before I drop that kinda money.

Not too different from my setup man. I think you have the makings of a very good first grow and I'll gladly join in for the trip with these. Are your seeds fem? Auto? Regular? I looked over the thread and couldn't find it. If I missed it... my bad !!! lol. Forgive me. Anyway, I'm subbed and along for the ride with you. Your first grow is only about a month off from mine. Today was my girls' first 12 hour nap actually. :) I think my journal is in my signature if you click on it.

Same I'm all in with this grow also sounds similar to mine
420-magazine-mobile2085814216.jpg
420-magazine-mobile867684601.jpg
420-magazine-mobile295375984.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1777700817.jpg
420-magazine-mobile585196262.jpg
just got the inline fan to cool things down but for now I think I this is useless until I can get an intake fan

Not too different from my setup man. I think you have the makings of a very good first grow and I'll gladly join in for the trip with these. Are your seeds fem? Auto? Regular? I looked over the thread and couldn't find it. If I missed it... my bad !!! lol. Forgive me. Anyway, I'm subbed and along for the ride with you. Your first grow is only about a month off from mine. Today was my girls' first 12 hour nap actually. :) I think my journal is in my signature if you click on it.

Meumitsumgrow hey there!! Thanks I really hope it turns out good!! I made sure to do my research! So Im pretty confident with my setup. Although, Its not my final setup. I have all sorts of new equipment lying around, I tend to go overboard. Lol Eventually I'll be flowering in a Gorilla 4x4. And My seeds are feminized, Gumdrop Kush, Sativa dominant. High THC percentage and medium CBD. Thanks for stopping by! I'll be checking in on your grow as well!

ps pic update coming soon

Finally got my setup finished! Seeds have been germinating for 72 hours, and I will be planting them today. Ran the lights and all equipment for a few hours to get an idea of temps and humidity, everything's looking good, right were I want it! So I'm thankful for that. Living in Southern California has its perks I guess. Always good weather!

I would also like to state that this grow is 100% legal. California laws allow individuals to grow up to 6 cannabis plants per household.

And I'm not sponsored by or promoting any products I'm using, and all things said about the equipment is MY opinion. I don't want to offend anyone! So if there's something someone has a problem with throughout this journal, please tell me.

Back
Top Bottom