Sanwan's 1st led/cfl grow

Sanwan

Well here it goes kind 420 friends, the time has come for my very first grow. Gonna jump right the hell in a go with DWC and led/cfl for the set up.

As a few folks on here know from my intro I have always been a recreational smoker (I am 41 and been smoking since 18), my wife on the other hand smoked when younger but quit years ago....as life has it she has finished chemo therapy a bit ago but still takes medication that really works her over in a bad way, some heavy stuff...BUT the almighty herb ALWAYS made the illness go away. And it is something we can do together! :cheer:

I have never done a journal before and will try to emulate what I have seen before. This sure as hell has put my organizational skills to the test!!! All these notes! But we want to learn and grow the very best we possibly can. With that we are starting off with some really good bag seed and a few sprouts that came out a buddies back yard.

Method
*DWC

Room
*reclaimed extra bathroom closet...split in to 2 chambers, upper for veg and lower for flower

Supplies
*Multiple 3 gal buckets with 6" net pot lids
*3" net pots
*Air pump w/4 outlets with 30' of tubing and large air stones
*Rockwool slab
*20 ltr of Hydroton
*4" exhaust fan
*Seedling heating pad
*Humidity dome and various trays and such
*2 Temp/humidity guages

Nutrition
*Technaflora starter kit

Lighting
*200w Feliz CFL with Prowing reflector for veg duties
*180w Prosource Lrg UFO LED for flowering duties
*50' Sunfilm Ultra
*Light yo-yos

Started off like this.....
IMG_22561.JPG

And is finishing up like this so far.....
IMG_23291.JPG

Re: Jawasan's 1st led/cfl grow.....

BTW, that veg cab goes up about another foot once ya' get inside. The lower cab is not done yet but will begin to amp it up once the 180w led is ordered next week. In the above pic, is my 200w cfl too close right now?

Oh, this is my readings for tonight....
PH 5.67
RH 52%
Cab Temp 78*
Water temp 24.5 C

More pics......
IMG_23211.JPG

IMG_23242.JPG

and some more....

Seedlings from a buddies back yard......
IMG_23262.JPG

more seedlings taken from buddies yard
IMG_2300.JPG

I can not get my temps below 83-84*? If anyone sees a design flaw with this veg cab please chime in. Humidity is fine and stays around 45-50%
I do not have any sort of fan right not, just what air comes in thru intake (and wherever it isn't air tight. did i answer my own question? or is 200w cfl too much?

Thanks dogsnova. I have seen it go as high as 85.4*
I will have to read ome more info and find what MAX temps could be and still be safe.

Re: Jawasan's 1st led/cfl grow.

I think you will be ok, just watch how much water they have, cause when it's hot they drink more, they look like healthy seedlings.
I was using 65w lights of america CFLs, and I don't think they will ever cook your plants, I had my cfls very close to the canopy and never had a problem, my temps were about the same here in California, I had two 65w cfls and one 23w warm white at 2700k
and I was covering an area of 2ft wide 3ft length and 3ft hight.

Re: Jawasan's 1st led/cfl grow.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom