G-Dog, Finally Growing Something

Well I checked my outdoor today.. Didn't bring a camera so you have to trust me... The Colas are getting big and thick. Pretty pumped seeing that. Try to get a photo tomorrow.

My indoor Purples have been under 12 hour lighting for about two week and are starting to show pistols. So I guess I can mark this at the time to count down two months. It is going to get awfully smelly in here. I have them in my spare bathroom with the window opened. It is near the front door and the mail man and those will be able to smell it. I will have to put in my Ozone Generator (that I built myself). I will talk about that later. I will take some pics of the new pistols tomorrow too.

I just put my Chronic Scrog on 12 hour lighting yesterday. I believe I have all the light leak problems solved. I have temps around 90 so I still have some work to do. So I have 5 plants in flower now and a bit of variety. It will be a nice Christmas.

Sounds good my friend and it sounds like you will have a nice variety for Christmas.I always start my end count the day that I see the first flowers appear on the plant, I mark that day down and start my final count and that is how I determine the length of the flowering time for each of my strain of plants...:goodluck:...:roorrip:

Thanks Toes, SoCaler, Capt, and WMD.

As promised I ventured out into the wild and wet wilderness to get some photo updates and some new developments on my indoor.

Here is the trail to my patch. Although the patch is very close to my home I have to go a long roundabout way to get there. I have blackberries and tall grass surrounding all local access points to my patch and I am keeping it that way until I decide to do the chop. Not a magnificent grow, but at least I have one. Here is where the trail starts.. I came upon a 10 point buck along the way
Buck_2.jpg

Trail_to_grow_2.jpg

Trail_to_grow.jpg

The_pond_1.jpg

Okay, finally I get up there, but not close enough to get a good picture. I will take a nice picture when I harvest lol. These are Skunk No, 1 about 7 feet tall now.
Outdoor_2010_Sept_20_4.jpg

Outdoor_2010_Sept_20_3.jpg

Outdoor_2010_Sept_20_2.jpg

Outdoor_2010_Sept_20_1.jpg

And as noted my Purple Kush and Purple Passion are Just starting to flower.
Purple_passion_2010_sept_20_1_.jpg

Purple_passion_2010_sept_20_.jpg

Purple_Kush_Sept_20_2010_2.jpg

Purple_Kush_Sept_20_2010_1.jpg

Purple_Kush_Sept_20_2010.jpg

Hey Capt, SFI and thanks

Yeah my family would call this one a 5 point buck too. I just said 10 for the benefit of others. All of us West Coasters only count one side... The side with the most lol.

I am really disappointed in my outdoor shots today, very poor quality. Photography is a hobby of mine for years and I know what I am doing. I had some very low light and long lens issues to deal with and normally I wouldn't have even posted them. For a minute there I was worried about my camera and lens being messed up, but set up an experiment with decent lighting and all was fine. I may have choked a bit with that buck too. You know one false move and he is history. I tell you this though, if I had a bow and arrow I am sure I could have gotten him. I am not really a hunter, but if I did hunt that would be the way to do it. I spent a good part of the early day hiking in the thickets without even a trail really. I seen plenty of meadows where dear had been laying. What is funny is nobody would really hunt in this area. Although it looks pretty wild it is basically a wet land in the center of a residential area in a small town. Not really a place to hunt.

I am happy with my indoor close ups. They did what I wanted them to do.. show the hairs of a female plant.

I am looking forward to the skunk too. This is a very fine strain like old school. You can smell it from quite a distance and it has been a concern to me. It is very hard to get to the spot they are growing without a machete but I will be using a machete when I do take them out. Lots of blackberries surrounding them.

Hey Dog nice ladys ya got there, man I would like to get a cutting of that P K!
I think we live pretty close together here north of the Klamath...

Just wanted to compliment you on the pics of your outdoor colas, you are going to get quite a harvest off of those girls as they are a heavy producing strain. I have seeds from two different strains of skunk #1 from the early 80's , one batch of seeds came from northern California and was an outdoor strain, but as I tend to be an indoor grower they have performed quite well for me over the years. The other batch that I have came from Neville at "The Seed Bank" out of Amsterdam and they were selling them as an outdoor or greenhouse strain. Both strains are remarkably similar being that they came from sources so far apart. The plants grow large and hardy producing some very heavy colas and yes the smell is unmistakable. It has always been one of my favorites. I bred a female skunk with a male Northern Lights #5 that both came from The Seed Bank and grew out several crops from the seed they produced and ended up with a strain that produces severe couchlock every time, definitely night time smoke for sure if you smoke it in the morning your day is wrecked lol.....Good Job my friend...:roorrip:

Damn! It's pretty out your way G. Nice pics (don't sweat the quality issues buddy) The were a nice change for us here. Take some more on your next excursion. Those 7 footers are looking fantastic and so is your indoor. Great job and believe me, it will be worth it!

Thanks all you guys. I am sweating bullets here trying to finish my outdoor. It is such a low maintenance garden but the colas are getting so heaving. We have had some wet weather, but after every rain they seem to get taller. I stopped the Nitrogen flow from the tubes that I have going to them in July, but there must be a good source of natural nitrogen available in the natural decomposing compost that I planted them in. The soil is ancient compost that has been decomposing for a hundreds of years. I do pump some bloom formula to them, but that doesn't help with the stretch or keeping them green. I have hardly had a leaf fall or turn brown on this grow. It is the damp time of year and I am watching them the best I can to make sure nothing is falling, but I cannot get close enough to detect mold. I may have to chop them early just to make sure I get a decent crop. It is a problem that goes through my head several times a day. So many people in the Northwest have to cut early because of the rains. I don't see that a plastic lean-to could be practical in my situation... a semi guerilla grow in a residential area. My girl friend told me she seen a hippy coming up from my canyon with a large plastic bag full of some kinds of plants (duh). He was coming from that area where I seen that big buck. I guess he gave up on trying to finish them out and did the cut. Funny he was right where I was and I never seen them. We have lots of cover here.

My girls, the purples are doing well. Every day the purple kush packs on more pistols. About two months for her to go. The purple passion is coming around but I have limited expectations of her yield, although she is a 6 footer. You really have to take that 6 foot with a grain of salt, as she is bare all he way up to her canopy, that went into shock and lost a lot of her fan leaves. I have had to continue giving her Nitrogen and bloom formula to help with the shock she endured being moved here. The purple kush is a lovely plant and doing quite well. I am giving her a bit of nitrogen too, as well as bloom formula. She should yield well for her size, about 3-4 feet and really full. I see lots of buds forming on her and she is really healthy. I do not see what I think will be significant stretch. She seems to be in a holding pattern height wise, which is fine by me. I have two months to go and I want my spare bathroom back.

I decided not to use my ozone generator in the house. Worried about shocking the dog. I will try some masking agents like ona gel. have to do more research on them. I do not see a carbon scrubber being too practical in this case. This really was a surprise indoor garden for me with lots of improvisations. Just playing it by ear.

My desk scrog is not going anything fantastic. I mean the plants are healthy, but they only reached a certain height and then sort sit there. May be too small of pots, may not be enough light. So whatever happens there it will be small scale. I have switched to 12 hour lighting so I guess I will get what I get off of these. Not a perfect scrog plan, but at least I learned some stuff.

In my clone and mother chamber I have the opposite. I actually have to go in there and whack down a lot just to keep my mother bonsai. She really likes the mother chamber so I have to really cut back on the Nitrogen. She is growing faster than the lawn. That hamper, mother/clone chamber seems to be a real good place to veg. And that is with only 46 watts of CFL.

My purple clones in the cloner are doing well. I am going to have to put them in soil pretty soon. Have more stuff going on here than I wanted. Oh well, it is what it is and only for a couple more smelly months.

Cheers.

Thanks Wing. I have not been too happy with my photography lately. You know to be perfectly honest I do not have as much experience with MJ photography as I do with say scenics. I will get some good one on here one of these days. It is had to photograph MJ if you ask me, unless you have something fantastic to begin with.

I took some more pics outside and inside today. Not much better than the past so I decided to not use them. Maybe get a better update in a couple more days.

The girls outside are getting plenty of needed sunshine and looking happy.

Inside my Purple Kush is starting to really bud up. Every day more pistils. Still a long way to go, but I am stil happy. My Purple Passion is doing okay. It is spindly, but there are plenty of bud sites on her. I guess I will get a bunch of smaller buds from her. I was close to just throwing her out of the house, but that has not happened yet. I have a couple of clones of her going and if the smoke it good I will keep her around. I do not blame the plant for her sorry appearance as that was all my doing. I have two PP and two PK clones in the cloner and they are doing fine. If one of these girls are good I will be able to just put the appropriate clones into action when they are ready. Again, I will make a mother of each of them and use the other in a scrog or something. It is just too early to tell f anyone is a winner or not. I am prepared if I get lucky though.I should know around Thanks giving or sooner what I want to keep of those two.

My chronic scrog is boring as hell. I expected a lot more, but it was my first scrog. I have my next scog plan in place and hopefully I have worked out the bugs. I think for one my scrog box was too small. I also question if my strain is a good scrog strain. I really feel I need to start at square one. I do know I will get some nice tasty buds from this scrog, I just don't think I will get that many. I may be mistaken. It aint over till the fat lady sings. I have plenty headroom for upward growth left and that may be what saves this project. They have been put into flower now so should see some pistils in a week or so.

looking good dog,
yes my friend it rains alot up here, so watch for the mold it'll get ya quicker then u think,oh and watch them hippies they are pretty fast also....lol
MJ is a bugger to shoot im using a canon 50D with a 70-200mm L-series lens and im still not happy with results. i need to ask santa for a macro lens this year !!!!
you will b happy with the cfl bud slow and easy it grows tight takes abit but well worth it !!!!
oh and ur 7 ft'ers are awesome hope you get em before the mold or hippies !!!!!
:grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint:

Thanks for stopping by Fluoroman.

I have been using Canon equipment for many years. Had the AE1, AE1 Program, and many of the EOS Film Cams. I still have a bunch of those in fact. I am using lenses for my old film camera on a Canon Rebel Digital. I need a better cam, but I know that is not the problem. Using long lenses in dark conditions is the problem. I need to maybe up my ISO speed for that. I mastered my film cameras and have barely scratched the surface on the digital. It a completely different mindset and technology. My film pictures would make you cry and my digital pictures make me cry (for a different reason). I am really disappointed in the picture of the nice buck.

In the low light and long lenses my f stops are wide open. Then you try to focus on a cola with leaves jutting out of it and you have a focusing paradox. If we had more sun I might be able to stop it down a bit and get more of the cola in focus. The best camera in the world wouldn't fix that problem.

Macro lenses are great getting buds, but if you have leaves sticking out of a cola you still have the same problem.

Funny thing today.. I had the sun out, but when I decided to out out the sun was pointing in the wrong direction lol.

I keep saying I am going to try to understand my digital camera as well as my film camera but it reminds me of Chinese. When I first started learning film I got a ton of information from magazines that I read cover to cover. Maybe I need to do that with my digital. The manual is worthless (and currently lost lol)

Yeah that hippy coming out of my canyon with a black plastic bag full of weed bothered me a bit. I had to run and check my patch. My patch was fine. I was near where he was coming up and do not know why I didn't see his patch. I smelled weed when I was out there but didn't see it growing anywhere. No trails going to anyplace near the smells. I wouldn't have taken his shit, but I may have photographed it for you all. I wonder if he seen Me walking around his patch too much and forced him to make an early harvest. He was no where near my patch I can tell. He would have had to knock down blackberry bushes to get to my plants from the direction he was coming from and he would have had to make tracks in the hill he climbed. I can tell if a deer or person has been there without fail.

I will be probably cutting soon. Very soon.

Back
Top Bottom