FINALLY Got it Rollin!

Re: FINALLY got it rollin'!

Damn man look at those healthy roots. Great job!! are the plants you want to pre-sex in your veg room or are they on a 12/12 cycle?

Thx MH. :)
The plants I was hoping to determine sex are still under constant 24 but are right around 5 weeks in veg, so I was thinking they might start to show now? Even a tiny bit?

I have to run out for a bit but when I get back I will update the flower cab and see how the HSS led is doing. See ya'll shortly and thanks for checkin' in.

The cloner is working pretty good. I have NEVER cloned before, and there is the possibility they still might die BUT I finally have roots after 5-6 days! Yippie! So I started with 5 clones, 2 died and 1 I put out of its misery. 2 made it so I am happy thus far. Nah, I do not know if the plant cloned from is female or not.... I just wanted to start practicing to clone and didn't really care at this point in the game. No major strain, just bag seed. All for learning experience at this point.....
IMG_19272.JPG

IMG_19282.JPG

Awesome man! Believe it or not 2/5 is GREAT for your first shot at taking clones ever. I must of killed 3-4 whole trays of clones at the nursery when I was learning how to take cuttings. And look at you! you had a %40 success rate on your first try ever!!!! I tried giving you rep, gotta spread it around some, but rest assured you'll end with some from me today!!!
Congrats man! Good feeling isn't it?
And let those go for three or four more days, now that they've sprouted roots, the root growth is going to take off!!! And as soon as you put it in a system or soil or whatever, They are going to take off in growth! the growth of clones is AMAZING!!

Any pics of the top of the clone? The leaves? Have they yellowed at all? let me know.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Awesome man! Believe it or not 2/5 is GREAT for your first shot at taking clones ever. I must of killed 3-4 whole trays of clones at the nursery when I was learning how to take cuttings. And look at you! you had a %40 success rate on your first try ever!!!! I tried giving you rep, gotta spread it around some, but rest assured you'll end with some from me today!!!
Congrats man! Good feeling isn't it?
And let those go for three or four more days, now that they've sprouted roots, the root growth is going to take off!!! And as soon as you put it in a system or soil or whatever, They are going to take off in growth! the growth of clones is AMAZING!!

Any pics of the top of the clone? The leaves? Have they yellowed at all? let me know.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thx a million JBT, I will snap some pics in a little bit and post, and yes there is a slight bit of yellowing.

...another tangle of roots....
IMG_19393.JPG

...a little bit of a lean....
IMG_19403.JPG

...on break from drain and replenishing I pressed this little baby here.... I'll Zzzzzzzz really good tonight!
IMG_19713.JPG

JohnnyBTreed,

Here is a top view of the clones. Some yellowing and reluctancey to open up. But roots are nice and growing rapidly!!
IMG_19443.JPG

IMG_19422.JPG

Now we move on to the flower cab. So far absolutely no problems with the HSS led. Setting Sun and a few others on here using HSS know that the back of the panel can get hot, so hot that touching is not gonna be for more than 5 seconds or so, but it disperses quickly. I now have a fan blowing down on mine and I can keep my hand on it for a looooooong time now. I have been keeping the light at a constant 6-8 inches above canopy.

I am now at Day 41 total and at Day 8 for flower and a LST'ed plant in flower for 3 days. I have 5 plants in flower total. No sex showing yet that I can see. Kinda' was thinking it would happen sooner. :(

All plants in flower are on full bloom nutes (target 1460 ppm) with the exception of the LST which is in transitional stage of nutes. I am still adding H2O2 when I feel paranoid about slime/algae. PH ranges between 5.89 and 6.24 Here is what I am using and amounts for 2.5 gallons. I figure it up as 2 gallons even though my full line is 2.5
So I fall a bit under suggested PPM which is safe.
*Micro 20 ml
*Grow 10 ml
*Bloom 30 ml
*KoolBloom 10 ml
*Cal-Mag 5 ml
*H2O2 5 teaspoons

I brought the plants out from under the led to take some pics.....
IMG_19514.JPG

IMG_19543.JPG

IMG_19523.JPG

This one below is the LST'd plant...I took string from base to main tip to measure it and she would be 15" if standing up, right now it is no higher than 7" any given spot.
IMG_19553.JPG

Lookin nice bro, sorry I haven't been over to your thread as of late been pretty busy! Glad to see all is well with the plants, how is the light working out?

SG:yummy:

Lookin nice bro, sorry I haven't been over to your thread as of late been pretty busy! Glad to see all is well with the plants, how is the light working out?

SG:yummy:

Thanks and welcome Cadillac.
No worries Sanibel, there's a lot to read over and check on 420.... can't hit 'em all bro. :) I am liking the light so far but a lot is yet to be seen as my skills improve.

JohnnyBTreed,

Here is a top view of the clones. Some yellowing and reluctancey to open up. But roots are nice and growing rapidly!!
IMG_19443.JPG

IMG_19422.JPG

Oh yeah those are still looking good, are you foliar feeding them at all?

Umm... not what they're really looking for. Even though while they're rooting, the cuttings show interveinal chlorosis, it's not a magnesium deficiency as it would be if were a large full grown rooted plant exhibiting the same symptoms. Its just an assortment of deficiency's (caused by having to way to uptake anything) better treated by an all around foliar spray. You can use 5 ml of micro in a spray bottle and that will give you a better assortment of nutrients for foliar uptake.

But their looking awesome man! How are the roots?

Umm... not what they're really looking for. Even though while they're rooting, the cuttings show interveinal chlorosis, it's not a magnesium deficiency as it would be if were a large full grown rooted plant exhibiting the same symptoms. Its just an assortment of deficiency's (caused by having to way to uptake anything) better treated by an all around foliar spray. You can use 5 ml of micro in a spray bottle and that will give you a better assortment of nutrients for foliar uptake.

But their looking awesome man! How are the roots?

Thanks a mill JBT.
Ok, I will switch the foliar up then as you suggest. I saw the heavy purpling and thought of Epson spray first. No sweat. I will make up the 5 ml of micro in a few minutes.

The roots are looking good but nothing explosive. I think they are hungry. I will snap the best pics I can.

Alrighty, got that done as far as making some foliar spray for the clones using 5 ml micro per gal....I would imagine I could use this safely on the larger plants as well. Took some pics too....only have 2 clones goin' right now...
000_0380.JPG

and the other....
000_03841.JPG

As you can see they are very tiny clones. Today I also added light nutes to the mistic fogger unit....we'll see how they take off now. do you think it will be fine if I keep them in this for another week?
Cleaning up a bit and snapped the veg cab all nice and bright.....
000_03872.JPG

nice setup man I use a rainforest318 yours looks fucking awsome man as far Im concerned you get huge yeilds and faster too just finished my last grow 18 cinderela99 wow great count 1ounce each tryed to load pics dont know how alitle advice using any water based system add 2or3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide in your holding tank or bubble system

Back
Top Bottom