My first closet build, suggestions welcomed!

Sanwan

Hello to everyone,

Hopefully I have posted in the proper forum. My wife has been on chemo for a bit now and things are soooooo much better for her before and after her meds when she smokes..... I have no medical issues but enjoy "it" none the less. In my younger years I tinkered around but nothing serious as far as a grow, we are both in our mid 40's and will not go to the "block" for meds.
Just started this project with the wife and wanted to post it up for review and for any ideas, especially regarding ventilation and where to go with the light cords and such...I am at the point where I'll just cut a damn hole in the wall and call it a day, not really, but I am frustrated.
This is a bathroom utility closet that I divided into 2 chambers for a DWC system with the top part of the chamber being used for veggin' and the lower for flowering. I have been searching on here for a bit and we have damn near all the supplies (yeh right! It goes on and on man!). Just doing some bagseed for now to get dialed in on things somewhat once we start.

*Top chamber is 2'3" X 2'3" and 35" high. (Have a reflective hood and a 150w CFL for lighting and reflective film will be on walls, or would white suffice?)

*Bottom chamber is 2'3" x 2'3" and 52" high (This will have a Prosource 180w LED UFO and also reflective film on walls)

*These 2 chambers are separated mid way up closet by a 6" space that I store things on.

*All 5gl bubble buckets using a TechnaFlora starter pack for 'nutes and rockwool cubes & hydroton for mediums, RO water of course...have the Hanna hand held combo meter for testing everything, decent air pumps/stones too.

*Have timers and Temp/Humidity gauges as well

*I will have 2 doors upper and lower to the chambers to finish closing it off and sealing in up from outside light or from the other chamber

Does it seem like we are on the right track so far? What do I do with all the cords and what is the EASIEST way to get decent ventilation without having to wire a bunch of stuff up? Just a bit overwhelmed right now and could use some good input on setting up.
:thanks:

Sounds like you are on the right track. Using CFL's and LED's will help keep your temps down however you still need ventilation. Can you tap into the bathroom vent fan? Possibly cutting a hole in the closet ceiling and connecting to the bathroom duct in the attic? Just throwing you some ideas. There is a wealth of information on this site. I spent about a month doing nothing but reading and asking questions before I bought any gear. Sounds like you have done some based on your gear selection. Flat white painted walls will work great for reflecting light. I also reccommend buying the "Medical Marijuana Grower's Bible" (Amazon). I am not a hydro grower so I am soory but no help in that department.

I'd use cfls for vegging, less heat use shorter cabinet. the 150 w hps will be nice for flowering but even that light will need some ventalation . Make sure to keep your ventalation runs as straight as possible as you will no doubt be tight on space get a good vortec fan for exhaust 4" would probably be enough .You could always add a few cfls to your flower area as needed too. If heat becomes something you can't deal with cfls can be used for flowering as well . Good luck to you and your wife , keep a positive outlook thats another plus to fight with !! :peace: do a search for hemp oil on this site !!

Hi its me again, As screwnutz said just use flat white paint for walls , make sure you let it dry before you place any plants in there . Think about using maybe 3 gal buckets to allow more vert. growth. Once you start flowering you don't want to run out of room !! Also have an opening for fresh air as well !! Could be as easy as cutting a neat hole in the lower portion of your doors and adding a screen ,or vents (louvers).

Ol hippie's got it with the 4" vortex suckin through both cabs. You can also get AC computer fans. The big ones move like 75 cfm i think. Check my post on figuring proper cfm. I might give ya an idea as to what your lookin for. If your really stressed for space look for sterilite or rubbermaid tubs. Think Horizontal instead of vertical. You can get 5 gallon tubs that are much shorter then a 5 or maybe even a 3 gallon bucket. As for the walls i think mylar reflects like 97 or 98 % of light and white paint reflects about the same. IMO it's user prefrence. Hope that helps and best wishs to your wife. Hope she gets better real soon. :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Ol Hippy, I am going to use a 180w LED from Prosource as opposed to HPS lighting. A break from the traditional, but I think it might be worth the shot and effort.
I will absolutely check into the Vortec 4" fans and yes if vertical space becomes an issue I will go down to tubs, 3 gallon buckets or SCROG it. I have read a boatload of information on here but it can be overwhelming. Whew!
Alrighty, I have to get back to work on the room and will be posting pics in a journal, in the appropriate section. Thx again folks.
:)

Good luck jawasan, I believe those LEDs will be cooler too. Post up some pics once you get rollin... :peace:

Back
Top Bottom