Designing my first cabinet, input welcome.

FknRa

Hey guys I'm working on collecting everything I'll need for my first grow. I'm designing everything ahead of time in google's sketchup (a free 3d design program). here are a couple of screenshots of what I'm thinking.

the clone/seedling chamber will be the small one on the left. I'm thinking CFLs above a couple trays with clear domes. the chambers are 4foot x 4foot, the middle chamber will be for veging and the right will be for flowering.

In the short term I will be using hanging CFLs and vertical tube florescent bulbs in the corners, to be upgraded to HPS and MH in their respective chambers when I can afford them. The walls will be mylar covered. The bracing is all 2"x2" with the panels being 1/2" plywood. I know its overkill but I'd rather be safe when it comes to damp environments. I have a window A/C unit that someone gave me and I'll use that to regulate temperature in the summer as this will be out in the garage. I'm planning on using Deep Water Culture in buckets or bins (haven't decided yet) and running 4 plants in each larger cabinet, the seedling room is 4 foot tall and the veg and flower is 8 feet tall.
The fans used for ventilation are all 120mm pc fans (as I have a bunch of old computer power supplies laying around).

I figure everything together including Nutes will run me 600-700 dollars to set up for the first round and run it on a continuous grow cycle. My thought is to pull clones from the veg chamber 2-3 weeks before each harvest and just shift everything to the right after harvest is done.

I have the plan file if anyone wants it, just PM me with an email to send it to.
Input and critique is welcome:thanks::nomo::hug:

grow_cabinet_1.jpg

grow_cabinet_2.jpg

If the A/C window unit will be completly in the garage (the back part not outside) that will generate a bit of heat and moisture. I am currently in the planning stages/acquiring supplies for my garage cabinet build and the temps here in So cal in summer have me puzzled as to what to do to keep the plants from cooking. The wife is none to thrilled about buying a portable A/c unit and cooling the garage. Hard to explain to neighbors as well. I guess I like my Harley to be comfortable?

At least with the portable units, they have a hose to vent condensation and heat to the outside.

I'll keep an eye on your build.

i can't send you a pm, but i would like your plan, going to build me one and yours looks like a better design than mine:thanks:
how much light are you planning on using in veg and bloom? what is the area to the left for? mine will be inside house do you think i would need to a/c the unit?

oh email coosterbind@aol.com

the smaller unit to the left is a clone/seedling cabinet. The floor sections are scalable the one's in my head are 4foot squares. A/C or Fan application will be dependant on what kind of lights you use. I'll be starting out with CFL's due to cost and then on to HPS in the veg chamber and MH in the flower chamber once I have to cash to invest back into it. I figure I won't need the AC much at first, as I'll be using the CFL's but in the summer the garage here gets pretty hot, coupled with the lights I'll definately need temperature control. The idea for me was something modular. Easy to expand at a later date. The footprint of this design is 4 feet by 12 feet.

I was never in the boyscouts but I belive in being prepared. So with your project take a whole day, just sit down and write out a materials list, sketch up a drawing of what you want to build and then think about variables or problems you might run into and how to fix them.

Back
Top Bottom