FINALLY Got it Rollin!

Re: FINALLY got it rollin'!

Er I hate typing on the iPhone it adds and subtracts letters. Just wash them off with plain water.

I did not realize those temps wre for the water, man, warm water casues root rot! (pythium)

Read this when you can:

Temps and Humidity In Deep Water Culture

Is there a bad stinking odor to the water and roots?

I have been reading just about everything you have put up Roseman. Since the tape job the temps have come down a lot plus I have a dedicated fan blowing on then placed by the passive intake. Seems to be helping a great bit.

jawasan, tape job looks good. Bummer for the slime, like Theanswer said a good cleanout should do you good. Plants are looking good. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Frosty... but like I tell my wife (some self deprecation here), looking neat and tidy won't grow the plants! lol Even after all I have read I still feel clueless. Oddly enough though I have most of my epiphanies after a good smoke and long drive.... a lot of "Oh that's what they mean!!!"

Plants are not looking good right now though, all droopy and one is yellowing. I will post the picks in a second.

Before you go adding h2o2 try just washing of he roots. With no foul smell to it it makes me question root rot. If your using organic nutes they can leave a brown film on the roots that just washes off. Hopefully that's it cause root rot sucks the big one.

No smell, just looked gross. Looked just like mucus. Anyhow, I dis-assembled everything, cleaned everything really good, new lines, new net pots, very very well cleaned hydroton....
Washed the roots really well in PH water, ran fresh ph water thru pots several time, new water for each plant, got all nasty crap off till they were squeaky clean, repotted and adjusted tube line right below hydroton.

Right now I have have absolutely NO nutes in water since the cleaning several hours ago. Just Ph balanced and bubblin'. should I wait another day or so, or should I go ahead and add nutes back now?

Good to hear your getting the temps down my friend! The fan idea worked?!

Yep, the fan placed where I have it has helped and i think the foil tape over the black buckets has helped as well. :) I am still buying a small ac unit for the bathroom window though, summers will be too hot.

Yep, the fan placed where I have it has helped and i think the foil tape over the black buckets has helped as well. :) I am still buying a small ac unit for the bathroom window though, summers will be too hot.

Good! Get those pics up and some numbers, so we can help solve your droopy problem!

Here is how they look right now, I am guessing some is shock, but that yellowing sure as hell isn't. I might have had nute lock as well. Dunno', but everything is sitting in fresh ph'ed water right now.
IMG_24482.JPG

These are the numbers they were at before the change over yesterday Feb. 3rd

Bucket with the slime/mucus was:
PH 5.77
PPM 1075
Temp 77.4

Other bucket:
PH 6.01
PPM 1000
Temp 77.2

Just got done rollin' a nice one and went to check numbers...
"The Restart"...

Cab Temp 84.2* (Do you guys think a 200w CFL is too much for space btw?)
RH 56%

Bucket #1: Adjusted it to:
PH 6.55 PH 5.92
PPM 213 PPM 233
Temp 75.8*

Bucket #2: Adjusted it to:
PH 6.70 PH 6.00
PPM 207 PPM 230
Temp 75.6*

Still no nutes added.... misted pretty good

Also as a side note, I have been using TechnaFlora and today switch to GH
Anyhow, here are pictures of the sagging crew. :(

IMG_24482.JPG

take notice where i have repositioned the tubes, is that fine?

and a few more from a few minutes ago....
IMG_24492.JPG

IMG_24413.JPG

IMG_24444.JPG

...gonna' start using the GH as a lot of folks here seem to like it, just got 'em today for a fresh start. Keeping it simple.
IMG_24451.JPG

This is the lower cab for flowerin'...still haven't finished it obviously. Good news is my PPF-800 arrives tomorrow, not that there is a big rush at THIS particular moment, but exciting none the less. :ganjamon:
IMG_2453.JPG

and a few more from a few minutes ago....
IMG_24492.JPG

IMG_24413.JPG

IMG_24444.JPG

...gonna' start using the GH as a lot of folks here seem to like it. Keeping it simple.
IMG_24451.JPG

Nice setup jawasan, I wasn't sure that one could use the BC with the GH,and man the flora plus big bottle bucks bro wow!that should last you a while, I see the boost to! I know with BC you have use the boost first so you don't get nute lock out! is that so here to? clean setup friend excellent product I use GH flora to.

:goodjob:

Nah Doc, I am not mixing the brands, just threw all them in the pic. Since fresh nutes go in tomorrow I a gonna start off with the GH. Have you like 'em so far? Any advice on them or should i visit their web site?

There are a good handful of Deep Water Culture around using GH. If I remember correctly, MC or JonnyT is running GH, and they might have some nice "formulas" or ratios that you can follow to mix nutes.

I hope those 77 degree temps are room temps and NOT water temps.

Roseman those are water temps! :straightface:
I know, I know, not good range at ALL. Those are the only temps I am battling right now. Maybe with the new AC window unit going in the bathroom it might help. Other than that I can only move to soil, which I do not wanna do.

I did see at Lowes a thin foil/insulation tape about a foot wide and a quarter inch thick... kinda' like a water heater blanket but WAAAAAAY scaled down and thinnner. Could do an insulated wrap on the containers.... or just break down and buy a water chiller. Failure is not an option. I am home mostly all day so that is to my advantage, maybe not so much to the plants though since i am in noobie stage and always in the damn cab pokin' around!

There are a good handful of Deep Water Culture around using GH. If I remember correctly, MC or JonnyT is running GH, and they might have some nice "formulas" or ratios that you can follow to mix nutes.
Thanks Frosty i will check them out. Today I will add nutes' slowly. Gonna start with the GH stuff today.

Back
Top Bottom