Am I growing a hermie?

guerrillabalconygrower

My Sativa photo started showing what seems to be pistils and pollen sacs on separates branches.

It’s almost 2 weeks into preflower. Just need confirmation if this is indeed the case
Or am I paranoid?

IMG_1903.jpeg

IMG_1902.jpeg

Yes unfortunately you are! 😔
Interestingly, have only seen that one set of balls since posting. Already removed them then. Most new growth is only showing female preflower. So haven’t given up totally. Worst case scenario, I get a few seeds in the final crop. Don’t want to kill off the plant just yet. Will keep plucking the balls as and when I see them to minimise chances of fertilisation

IMG_1979.jpeg

That's unfortunate but, it's part of growing. If you have neighbour's growing nearby, the pollen will seed out their crops too so, might want rather keep it inside. Nothing worse than growing a huge outdoor crop only to find it completely seeded from a male or herm somewhere nearby.
Sorry I know it's not what you want to hear but keep it in mind and good luck with your grow or future grows.
Have a super day

Yea i would chop her down mate and start a new strain if you have one near ? I had this issue some time back, some people say you can pluck the balls and continue on bla bla. Thats nonsense in my experience, as you are fighting a up hill battle from day 1 Flower. Unless its all you have, with no access to another Seed / Clone and you just wanna practice or are experimenting. I say burn it, burn it to the ground !

Note: You are already going to have to sterilize the tent because of the little bastards, so the longer you let it go on, opening and closing tent, the more you spread pollen over the entire room, not just the tent.... It can become a real bitch dude.

Yea i would chop her down mate and start a new strain if you have one near ? I had this issue some time back, some people say you can pluck the balls and continue on bla bla. Thats nonsense in my experience, as you are fighting a up hill battle from day 1 Flower. Unless its all you have, with no access to another Seed / Clone and you just wanna practice or are experimenting. I say burn it, burn it to the ground !

Note: You are already going to have to sterilize the tent because of the little bastards, so the longer you let it go on, opening and closing tent, the more you spread pollen over the entire room, not just the tent.... It can become a real bitch dude.
Growing it outdoors. Not enough daylight to start a new grow. Have to wait till March around equinox time to start a new grow. So don’t want to dump. Taking the risk!

Back
Top Bottom