Am I the only one having prob's germing Nivana seed's

Bulldoggin33

All these years I've used the same method to germing my seeds no hormones and junk to help, just a couple plates, paper towel and H20.

Now all the sudden I am luck to get 1 of 5 to germ. Then they are the slowest weakest growing plants ever.

Is it the seed's? Is the demand for seed's and genetic engineering the cause? Unviable? Or is it just the seed bank.

Anyone else having this problem with Nirvana or is it it just my luck?

Peace

I have been doing nirvana ppp with great germ success and great strong plants, maybe ill get 1 out of 10 that doesnt germ and maybe 1 or 2 that is a weak seedling but nothing out of the ordinary for me.. try a different strain? I use papertowel in ziploc bag in dark place and they usually sprout in 3 -4 days

Gotta be the strains, I've grown PPP many times and it was always good to germ and a good smoke. Hmm might give that ziplock bag trick a try.

The 2 I've had problems with are Snow white and Master Kush. 1 of 5 for both. Snow White is one of my Favorite's and never had a prob with it before. I'm stumped.

Thanks for the tip bud.

Sorry to here of the loss Bulldoggin,ive never strayed from nirvana because there seeds allways germ except one ice one time1 year ago.I will tell you what works for me 99% of the time.A shot glass off distilled water put beans inside set on water heater cover with dark cup .They will pop in 48 hours fer sure my friend.:thumb:Don't get discouraged Nirvana is great man and they have great customer service.:Namaste:OH btw they made good on the ice.

Sorry to here of the loss Bulldoggin,ive never strayed from nirvana because there seeds allways germ except one ice one time1 year ago.I will tell you what works for me 99% of the time.A shot glass off distilled water put beans inside set on water heater cover with dark cup .They will pop in 48 hours fer sure my friend.:thumb:Don't get discouraged Nirvana is great man and they have great customer service.:Namaste:OH btw they made good on the ice.

No worries bud, All will work out. You know we all have our up's and down's.
I had my Ice Herm on me although 4-5 did germ, now that was a bummer. Ice from what I've read is supposed to be one of the strains I like to grow for my ailment's.

Yep no doubt Nivana has always had good customer service. Just wondering if it was something occuring often. They have made good on a couple things with my orders.

Well I have a few more strains in the fridge from them and some from Barney's, Royal Queen. I've heard of the method you told me about, just never tried it because I really never had this prob until recently. Been doing the paper towel/plates trick for 12 years. Guess sometimes old heads have to learn/use new tricks.

Thank you much
Peace

A shot glass off distilled water put beans inside set on water heater cover with dark cup .They will pop in 48 hours.

It doesn't have to be distilled water, I've actually read that this is worse than plain tap water, it may not be the case if ottothief has had a 99% success rate but still unnecessary.

In my case I've had a 100% success rate in germinating and growing nirvana seeds (AK-48, Blue Mystic, and Aurora Indica) and Big Devil #2 Auto (from elsewhere)

The paper towel, ziploc bag, plates, water heater, and dark cups are also unnecessary, I don't know why people turn a simple thing into a complicated procedure.

What I do (and I've gotten 100% success rate and the girls grow like, well, weed) is
1- I put the seed in a plastic cup, or any kind of cup/glass for that matter, and pour a little water in it, about two/three fingers. plain tap water is fine, don't use mineral water.
2- You put it in a dark cool place (I put them in a closet I don't use much). The seeds will float at the beginning, after two hours tap them from above so they go under water, if they float back then check again later and tap until the seed sinks. Then leave alone.
3- 48 hour later it is ready to be transfer to the medium (which has to be wet enough to sustain water for a few days but not completely saturated), this is where the dark cool place comes in), You'll see a white line on one of the edges of the seed, this is the beginning of the grow process. (be careful, the seed may be fragile at this point as the water softens the shell)
4- Put the container with the medium (with the seed into it, of course) back in the dark cool place
5- Check everyday, it should sprout in a few.
Once it sprouts you put it under lights and start the light cycle that suits you (normally 18/6 for vegging).
Heating is also unnecessary

If you're experiencing slow growth on multiple strains then an environmental factor may be at play, or maybe (don't know if this is even possible, just thinking outside the box) they got irradiated or got exposed to something while in transit and they got 'modified' somehow.
Or it may be just your luck and got a bad batch. Try germinating any seed you may have lying around and compare results.

If you've been doing this for years then you probably know what you're doing so I won't insult you by questioning your methods. With that being said; may I ask what are the specifics of your system?

Good luck and happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom